Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic) - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 06-12-2017, 10:32 AM   #17
XML Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

All the gameplay stuff sounds great. I think we can all agree on that at least. Franchise is largely unchanged, but that has been the case more years than not lately. I am sort of numb to that by now.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-12-2017, 10:33 AM   #18
Rookie

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

Good Info and honesty at least it appears that way from Rex which I don't doubt. What I take from it is another shift change in the tech aspect for Madden which in long run is going to help the franchise as a whole and I think is a step in the right direction. Patience is a virtue as they say and CFM is a process but from the info I have seen in this interview and others I'm hopeful that CFM is gonna get the love it deserves soon.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:54 AM   #19
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
there should be an option to start cfm as of that week/rosters like play now or start of season with cut down rosters/injuries so you dont have to play preseason and the cpu has made dumb cuts of your 3rd round pick and at the same time accurate draft picks as of that point.
NFL Play now live feature he described is similar to what you are thinking of.
Old 06-12-2017, 10:59 AM   #20
The Defenders

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Rex spelled it out pretty clearly the what and the why of CFM this year, so it now a matter of how people handle the reality of the situation. At least this year there won't be that whole semantics battle about the word "Overhaul"

I hope that the new animations that they can add to title updates can be for on-the-field gameplay too and not just celebrations.
I dont get this. Ok nothing against anyone whos buying both or whatever but when I buy a NBA game I want the most accurate and best graphical game possible and by accurate I mean all current players, arenas, equipment. Not some bum from the 80's
Old 06-12-2017, 11:18 AM   #21
Pro

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vat3vFaD1n8

So Im a Steelers fan, was watching this highlight video of Cameron Sutton, a Defensive Back.

Will we be getting interaction like this from DBs and WRs?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 11:28 AM   #22
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm optimistic for madden 18, having loved 17. A few of the small additions like off ball injuries, draft board, and improved player regression along with the new power of the frostbite engine is enough to please me. But I cringed several times during the interview, it was almost hard to get through.

Everytime I hear about how many resources went into the longshot mode I cringe. I feel like they should be putting all resources into getting the on field and off the field stuff nailed down before starting a whole new mode which Rex even admits is a risk.

Furthermore, I cringed when he said how other games like 2K and MLB have a my player career mode so they felt like they had to have their own, but they wanted longshot to be something different. Im sure many people would welcome a mode like my player, where you can customize a character. Instead we are stuck with pre-made player, and don't even get to play in the NFL. These are very popular and successful modes in other games, why change it up? Sometimes you don't need to reinvent the wheel.

And finally, I cringed once more when Rex said that they added sideline interactions when you run out of bounds, because '2K football had that 10 years ago'. There is a huge list of things 2K football did 10 years ago, yet this is what they pick? How about defensive back matchups where you can actually pick a defender and receiver - a simple feature 10 years ago that still trumps Maddens 18 'new' match-up feature. Or how about weekly highlight shows and a draft show. Things people have begged to have for 10 years. And we get sideline interactions instead.

Madden 18 has a lot of nice additions like I said, and if you line them up it looks great. I'll be pre-ordering as always. But when I watch interviews like this it always shocks me just how disconnected Rex and others speaking for Madden seem to be from a large portion of the sim community despite saying they are sim guys. Each new exciting bit of information from these interviews seems to always find itself sandwiched inbetween 2 things that either leave you confused or wondering what could have been.

I love where their product is at right now and where its headed, and I trust them, to an extent. But I'm often unable to understand where the devs are coming from with some of the choices and comments they make, which is something I've not experienced before on the same level with other gaming companies I follow. Sometimes things just don't seem to make any sense at all. Just when you think you're on to same page as them they come up with something like longshot. This is my favorite madden dev team but it's definitely frustrating to say the least. It's been bittersweet.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2017, 11:32 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I hope that the new animations that they can add to title updates can be for on-the-field gameplay too and not just celebrations.
Yeah I hope so too. I just don't have faith in them in that department. Seems like they make their priorities pretty clear every year. The animations are getting better this gen, but some of the stuff left in just makes me scratch my head....
Old 06-12-2017, 11:34 AM   #24
Pro

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

What was Rex's big surprise he talked about at E3?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »