Home

Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2017, 01:55 PM   #49
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16
Just watched the interview and while it seems as if CFM didn't get many upgrades this year, hearing the plan going forward and being able to pool resources with NBA Live's franchise team is definitely a good sign.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:18 PM   #50
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
10+ Years ago we were able to do custom DB/WR matchups. Why we still can't do that, no one will ever know.

I get they're throwing us a bit of a bone by being able to match your #1 corner with their #1 receiver at all times, but like you said, it's not always "sim" to do that.

What they implemented is at least an effort to show they're listening to our needs. I'm fully confident that Madden 19 will have the ability to customize matchups.

One of the options available is to match Corners up is "By Depth Chart" so that option should be available at least for WR/CB matchups.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:38 PM   #51
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
One of the options available is to match Corners up is "By Depth Chart" so that option should be available at least for WR/CB matchups.
So for clarity, "by depth chart" lets you assign matchups by names? Has there been any screen shot of the "by depth chart" yet?

I'm confused about it, just made a post in another thread about this. Maybe the labeling is throwing me off but it'll function in a way that accomplishes "by name" or custom matchups.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 02:45 PM   #52
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
So for clarity, "by depth chart" lets you assign matchups by names? Has there been any screen shot of the "by depth chart" yet?

I'm confused about it, just made a post in another thread about this. Maybe the labeling is throwing me off but it'll function in a way that accomplishes "by name" or custom matchups.
ie #1 corner vs #1 WR, #2 corner vs #2 WR, etc...that is how Anthony White explained it.

Whoever you put at CB1 in your depth chart will matchup vs highest overall receiveer. CB2 vs 2nd best, etc.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:48 PM   #53
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal

I think it's still within the graphical UI for defensive adjustments. I do not think it is within the depth chart menu. A funny thought just hit me about this. Because of the bugs they had with matchup alignments that made this difficult to implement. What if u did it by depth chart, and the #1 was out of gas/stamina and on the sideline. They updated sideline interactions. So, U think a bug could make the CB cover him on the opponents sideline? Lol. How awesome would that be? .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2017, 02:49 PM   #54
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Gameplay should be incredible this year. You can tell they went as all-in as they could and this year is really going to showcase I think how great the gameplay team is. The amount of stuff they've added and tweaked, it's hard to find something to be disappointed in. There will be flaws at release of course but I really enjoyed 17 and I think 18's gameplay will greatly surpass that.

Franchise is what it is. Every few years it goes down the road and ends up at this point of "it's going to be bigger and better, just wait" and "it will be so much easier to do things." Just prove it.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:05 PM   #55
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
John Solave‏ @johnnystinger 2h2 hours ago
More
really want to know did you fix it where the play by play team will the call names of CPU generated rookies in CFM - presentation #madden18
Quote:
Rex Dickson‏
@RexDEAFootball
Following
More
Replying to @johnnystinger @SimFBallCritic
yes. We added hundreds of the most common names.
I was hoping that this was in, and that it was considered part of presentation by the team so that is why they didn't list it as a CFM addition. For me, someone who plays like 8-10 season in a couple of different CFMs, this is a huge add.

Even though he doesn't really respond that much, a couple of likes I got from John White on Twitter questions I asked a while back made me think that this was in, as well as tuning for regression, and tuning for CPU drafting.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 03:20 PM   #56
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I was hoping that this was in, and that it was considered part of presentation by the team so that is why they didn't list it as a CFM addition. For me, someone who plays like 8-10 season in a couple of different CFMs, this is a huge add.

Even though he doesn't really respond that much, a couple of likes I got from John White on Twitter questions I asked a while back made me think that this was in, as well as tuning for regression, and tuning for CPU drafting.
thats huge!! I've been wanting that for a long time

nice find

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »