Home

Leaked madden 18 e3

This is a discussion on Leaked madden 18 e3 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2017, 01:50 PM   #145
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Leaked madden 18 e3

My whole thing with the lineplay and QB pocket play for that matter is that...and this is just my personal opinion...it's not a matter of the Madden team not being able to make it more realisticm but that they WON'T make it more realistic.

From Madden 2001 we've essentially been trained to take contol over the QB manually in Madden opposed to using the auto-drop in 2K. It's terribly hard to retrain that in Madden thus the neutering of speed rushers and realistic pockets.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 01:57 PM   #146
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
My whole thing with the lineplay and QB pocket play for that matter is that...and this is just my personal opinion...it's not a matter of the Madden team not being able to make it more realisticm but that they WON'T make it more realistic.

From Madden 2001 we've essentially been trained to take contol over the QB manually in Madden opposed to using the auto-drop in 2K. It's terribly hard to retrain that in Madden thus the neutering of speed rushers and realistic pockets.
I'm kind of not following. Madden does have auto-dop backs. I believe the animation can be broken at any time giving the player more freedom.

With the sim mode, I can see the pocket being more relevant than the arcade/comp modes. User control is a huge thing with EA sports games. Long animations playing out take away from user control but add to realism. It's a tough balance.

With that said, I would like to see a better pocket as well.

Edit: I think we all just want more footage of 18. I've heard they've made big improvements to lineplay. So I'm waiting until vids become available to make any judgement. I'll defend this years game until then

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-15-2017 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:02 PM   #147
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
It definitely won't be put to rest this year. Simfball critic already eluded to them wanting to improve player movement and animations in the future, meaning it hasn't gotten there yet. Who knows if it will ever get there, but I hope and pray it can surpass allpro/2k some day.

Graphically of course Madden has lapped 2k....

Even as someone who enjoys the Madden product these days, I'm not optimistic that the player movement we dream of is on their radar.

I don't think they have designs of making player movement super realistic. I think they'll improve upon what's there, which sounds like the case for M18; but beyond that, I can't see radical change coming on that front. I mean, realistic locomotion/player movement has been requested around these parts going back to M10's development. And EIGHT iterations later, it's still not where the sim fan wants it to be.

And at this point, I wonder if there's even a large enough outcry from their various audiences to warrant making it a priority. I don't roam the forums as I used to so maybe I'm off base. I just feel like you see more complaints player interaction, CFM, etc than you do player movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2017, 02:05 PM   #148
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
I'm kind of not following. Madden does have auto-dop backs. I believe the animation can be broken at any time giving the player more freedom.

With the sim mode, I can see the pocket being more relevant than the arcade/comp modes. User control is a huge thing with EA sports games. Long animations playing out take away from user control but add to realism. It's a tough balance.

Edit: I think we all just want more footage of 18. I've heard they've made big improvements to lineplay. So I'm waiting until vids become available to make any judgement. I'll defend this years game until then
I think this control thing is overblown in Madden and Live games, I've played them I don't feel like I have all this control alot of people talk about in those games. Its just an excuse for their poor stiff player movement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-15-2017, 02:27 PM   #149
MVP

OVR: 1

i have auto dropback and a pocket as i play coach mode
Old 06-15-2017, 02:30 PM   #150
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
I think this control thing is overblown in Madden and Live games, I've played them I don't feel like I have all this control alot of people talk about in those games. Its just an excuse for their poor stiff player movement.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Operation Sports mobile app
Maybe you're right. I feel like it would actually be pretty easy to have a long animation play out. In NHL if you are at full speed its very hard to turn (as it should be on ice). Wouldn't surprise me though if players were annoyed by that saying "why isn't my player turning quick enough". Competitive guys want control.

Let's see how corner backs react to things like hitch and goes and comeback routes in 18. From E3 impressions, people have said that locomotion has been worked on.

I'm not saying madden is going to magically be fixed but everyone seems to be jumping to conclusions before we see anything worthy of giving us an idea of what gameplay will look like. I'm hopeful because of the new engine.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:34 PM   #151
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Maybe you're right. I feel like it would actually be pretty easy to have a long animation play out. In NHL if you are at full speed its very hard to turn (as it should be on ice). Wouldn't surprise me though if players were annoyed by that saying "why isn't my player turning quick enough". Competitive guys want control.

Let's see how corner backs react to things like hitch and goes and comeback routes in 18. From E3 impressions, people have said that locomotion has been worked on.

I'm not saying madden is going to magically be fixed but everyone seems to be jumping to conclusions before we see anything worthy of giving us an idea of what gameplay will look like. I'm hopeful because of the new engine.
This goes waaaayy back to the NFL 2k series. 2k and Visual Concepts decided to go with more realistic animations and less player control and madden and EA decided for more player control and less realistic animations (and foot planting, acceleration and deceleration).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 02:34 PM   #152
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

I think the difference is there never really has been a penalty for immediately taking control the qb in madden and dropping them back an extra 5 yards or whatever. With the instant release defenders are given when the do eventually beat the blocker, it's almost necessary:

In the other game, doing that meant the des had a direct path to you. You learned to step up or move around to keep blockers between you and the defense quickly or took a lot of sacks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »