Home

Leaked madden 18 e3

This is a discussion on Leaked madden 18 e3 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2017, 02:59 AM   #49
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Leaked madden 18 e3

Holy cow! First, watching a QB turn and reset, that I don't think I have seen in Madden. Second, seeing a left tackle do more than just hug the defensive end, wow.

These things look great so far, low quality of the vid notwithstanding.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:00 AM   #50
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I basically wanted them to improve their players' posture (i.e. physically standing up straight) first, and fix the overly protruding knee caps, unfortunately, that part of the player model still looks the same. Maybe next year or in the future. Saw some better player to player interaction animations though.

?? Madden player models - buckled knees, 120 degree L-shaped legs, protruding knee.??
Yes I can't stand that!!! I'm sure they look amazing close up. But overall I think they're still the same.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:41 AM   #51
MVP

underdog13's Arena

It's sad seeing some of you guys bash the madden community.

Having customer's that are eager to breakdown videos isn't a bad thing, it means you have customers who are excited for your product.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 10:45 AM   #52
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Holy cow! First, watching a QB turn and reset, that I don't think I have seen in Madden. Second, seeing a left tackle do more than just hug the defensive end, wow.

These things look great so far, low quality of the vid notwithstanding.
Yeah I really liked that too. Looked really good. I'm a huge advocate for better and more QB animations.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:57 AM   #53
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I don't think that was necessarily a mistake by the AI. I think the guard and the fullback were supposed to block who they actually blocked by design. It's just that the LB was blitzing and it was a counter play which took too long to develop. This left the hole open for the LB to come through unblocked. Which is why you sometimes get burned by the blitz.

In a standard run play that back side backer would have to chase down the play if he blitzed.

Now, the one thing you can say is wrong in this situation is that the FB probably should have taken the blitzing LB since he was the first immediate threat because of the counter. But I am sure that type of thing is not programmed into the game properly. Or at least didn't work there.
Its never worked. For years our FBs, Lineman and TE's completely ignore ANYTHING but what the play is designed for. There is no AI there, its just scripted.

I understand plays like this happen, especially with a young, or inexperience fullback and TE. But for him to literally run right by the blitzing LB and for the TE to just wander on past the LB without even looking at him? What the heck is the awareness attribute even for?
Old 06-14-2017, 10:59 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
It's sad seeing some of you guys bash the madden community.

Having customer's that are eager to breakdown videos isn't a bad thing, it means you have customers who are excited for your product.

Uh...it's not that...I love reading LBzrule's constructive criticism breakdown of Madden videos. I don't love seeing people rip to shreds a new game without any constructive criticism.

There's an utterly huge difference in those two things...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-14-2017, 11:03 AM   #55
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Uh...it's not that...I love reading LBzrule's constructive criticism breakdown of Madden videos. I don't love seeing people rip to shreds a new game without any constructive criticism.

There's an utterly huge difference in those two things...
Does anybody like seeing that? The only place I'm seeing that is youtube comments, and those are well... Youtube comments.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 11:55 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Does anybody like seeing that? The only place I'm seeing that is youtube comments, and those are well... Youtube comments.

I see a ton of comments on OS Madden forums that are unfounded, non-constructive criticism. No it is not to the level anywhere near what is on Youtube thanks to the moderators but i still see a lot of people here who are only happy if they can be negative and dismissive of Madden.

It seems some peoples greatest joy in life is finding something Madden does wrong (or more likely what they perceive to be wrong) and quite honestly, it's truly pathetic..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »