Home

Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2017, 09:03 PM   #89
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Even with the extra 650M a year they are getting from MUT?
Is it really that much?
Old 06-15-2017, 10:02 PM   #90
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
It seems like CFM won't be a major focus next year either. I say that because Frostbite Transition will still be a major focus next year, this year it was mainly visual changes. Longshot will be a main focus because they have to figure out which route to go from where it ends this year.

I seen in this thread and others where others compare Madden to NBA 2k and The Show. I believe if NBA 2k or The Show would have done something similar to Longshot(instead of career mode with cutscenes), it would have been received more positively because their Dynasty/Association mode is already at a high level. Madden's Franchise isn't bad at all. It just isn't deep. Even though I don't play Online at all, but it seems like Online Franchise would be better choice to play since you are playing with others. You don't see many people complaining about My Player improvements taking away from Association. If CFM was deep and established, than you wouldn't hear as much complaints about Longshot(besides no NFL games)
I'm not sure I would go out on a limb and say that at this point.

There is a new video at the top of the forum and the GCer is not a CFM player, but he said at the GCer meeting Shop, Smitty and Sim were very focal on CFM getting some TLC next year and beyond.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:22 PM   #91
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Is it really that much?
That's been reported. I don't buy it. MUT gives it a ton of value for EA, but you don't think the NFL takes a healthy cut of that too?

Madden is the NFL's largest non-television license and they take a royalty. Compound that with Madden being one of the few games selling majority physical, retail copies, which is another $20 bucks off the top... Madden needs MUT to compete with the industry.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-15-2017 at 10:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 10:38 PM   #92
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Even with the extra 650M a year they are getting from MUT?

Oh, cmon! $650 million??!! Really??!! Geez, for that, I think they could've afforded another developer instead of letting White go to NBA live for their CFM. Lol

And, don't get me wrong, to the others arguing, 'well, the NFL takes some of that,' etc, etc. That's still a healthy number for a mode, frankly, that doesn't need to exist. And, b4 any others chime in on that statement, I'm simply saying that for any sports game, u don't have to have a card collecting game to exist. U only need a gameplay mode. Lol. So, the fact that they built a completely extraneous mode that makes them that much money, wow, they really should blow out CFM to gather more football and sports fans that continually boycott the game. They'd probably make even more off MUT that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2017, 10:47 PM   #93
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Oh, cmon! $650 million??!! Really??!! Geez, for that, I think they could've afforded another developer instead of letting White go to NBA live for their CFM. Lol

And, don't get me wrong, to the others arguing, 'well, the NFL takes some of that,' etc, etc. That's still a healthy number for a mode, frankly, that doesn't need to exist. And, b4 any others chime in on that statement, I'm simply saying that for any sports game, u don't have to have a card collecting game to exist. U only need a gameplay mode. Lol. So, the fact that they built a completely extraneous mode that makes them that much money, wow, they really should blow out CFM to gather more football and sports fans that continually boycott the game. They'd probably make even more off MUT that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm going with the former Associate Designer at Madden on this one.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:56 PM   #94
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm not sure I would go out on a limb and say that at this point.

There is a new video at the top of the forum and the GCer is not a CFM player, but he said at the GCer meeting Shop, Smitty and Sim were very focal on CFM getting some TLC next year and beyond.
I'm sure that Franchise will not be in the same position next year. But, I honestly don't see CFM getting a big improvement because of Longshot and Frostbite. I hope I'm wrong.
But I do think there is a chance that next year could be the start of great things to come for CFM. Hopefully they can lay off of MUT development next year. Frostbite foundation has been set, so they will be now fully developing Frostbite through every aspect of game. Longshot will obviously took a lot more resources in coming years. Hopefully Madden can get back Devs that had to help with Live. But I do think they will get back on path with improving CFM next year
Old 06-15-2017, 11:18 PM   #95
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm going with the former Associate Designer at Madden on this one.
Eh, I don't know for sure. It's all second/third hand from me. That is a massive chunk of change and it changes the dynamics for sure. Everything I post is a somewhat more informed opinion to some extent. I learned just how right this community's instincts can be when I was working there.

But it's still not a hugely profitable game one a unit-by-unit basis.

I will throw this out there; regardless of money, resources are limited by practicality. You can't make a baby in 1 month with 9 women, and underlying architecture is 80% of any feature. If you doubled the Madden team today, they'd be maybe 20% more productive. Maybe. FAR better to allocate those resources to rewarding existing team members with higher salaries and keeping the best people rather than adding redundant bodies.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-15-2017 at 11:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 11:24 PM   #96
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

You know, the more i think about it, i think some of this is a ploy to a degree.

For example last year it was formation subs...."no formation subs this year sorry". Then they get formation subs in a patch and look like heroes. Is that completely true? I dunno, but i find it hard to believe they dont play some of this up and we end up getting some kind of franchise improvement with continuous development....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »