Home

Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2017, 07:07 AM   #105
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
This gets lost and blatantly ignored by so many...
Exactly. Some seem to think it's a plug and play to put features in. If it were easy, they'd be in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 09:15 AM   #106
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
Exactly. Some seem to think it's a plug and play to put features in. If it were easy, they'd be in.
Quote:
This gets lost and blatantly ignored by so many...
I think you are selling a lot of people short on this conception that "no one knows how hard it is to do x, y, and z."

While all of us aren't pro game devs and don't have all the answers, there is an understanding on how things work. Nothing is "easy" to put into a game. There are the things that the team decide must be put in, and then there are things that take up too much time, people, resources, etc. for the current installment. But you gotta see that the unrest you read about on here, whether it is clearly dictated or not, stems from the decisions of the dev team (which more than likely have been influenced by the "higher-ups") and not the difficulty of how things are implemented. The reality of the situation is:
1. Resources (which is a very general, branching term that can mean manpower, money, technology, and time itself) were diverted already due to the shift to Frostbite. That was a given.
2. More resources were taken to create the MUT team play, which team play has already been said to be very hard to construct and maintain. Meaning that it actually needed more attention than a typical addition. Couple that with players rarely using it initially, it was an easy cut when it was finally removed back in Madden 13.
3. For the past four years, they've been pouring a lot of effort into Longshot. An entire new mode for four editions of Madden drained the team, and it doesn't come to fruition until August.
4. Now we know that the franchise teams of NBA Live and Madden work as a unit, and so at some point a decision was made that major editions cannot be made to Madden until they can be made for Live, which in turn gives some justification to leaving the mode without critical adjustments and just some polishing.
So the disappointment and loud want for this, that, and those CFM features isn't solely that people don't get the difficulty, and are blind and insensitive to the hard work that goes into making a game like Madden. Not at all. But the letdown for any person that loves playing franchise mode, which is a lot of people here on OS, stems from the fact that the mode was purposefully neglected this year. It's been said, not as blatantly, but that is that fact. It was a conscious decision, and not without sound reasons for it. But at the end of the day, very disappointing.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:28 AM   #107
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
I think you are selling a lot of people short on this conception that "no one knows how hard it is to do x, y, and z."

While all of us aren't pro game devs and don't have all the answers, there is an understanding on how things work. Nothing is "easy" to put into a game. There are the things that the team decide must be put in, and then there are things that take up too much time, people, resources, etc. for the current installment. But you gotta see that the unrest you read about on here, whether it is clearly dictated or not, stems from the decisions of the dev team (which more than likely have been influenced by the "higher-ups") and not the difficulty of how things are implemented. The reality of the situation is:
1. Resources (which is a very general, branching term that can mean manpower, money, technology, and time itself) were diverted already due to the shift to Frostbite. That was a given.
2. More resources were taken to create the MUT team play, which team play has already been said to be very hard to construct and maintain. Meaning that it actually needed more attention than a typical addition. Couple that with players rarely using it initially, it was an easy cut when it was finally removed back in Madden 13.
3. For the past four years, they've been pouring a lot of effort into Longshot. An entire new mode for four editions of Madden drained the team, and it doesn't come to fruition until August.
4. Now we know that the franchise teams of NBA Live and Madden work as a unit, and so at some point a decision was made that major editions cannot be made to Madden until they can be made for Live, which in turn gives some justification to leaving the mode without critical adjustments and just some polishing.
So the disappointment and loud want for this, that, and those CFM features isn't solely that people don't get the difficulty, and are blind and insensitive to the hard work that goes into making a game like Madden. Not at all. But the letdown for any person that loves playing franchise mode, which is a lot of people here on OS, stems from the fact that the mode was purposefully neglected this year. It's been said, not as blatantly, but that is that fact. It was a conscious decision, and not without sound reasons for it. But at the end of the day, very disappointing.
But to us football players, who care nothing at all for NBA Live, or storymodes that dont even let us play NFL games. Those reasons are not sound at all.

In fact, there a slap in the face. And Ill say it again, as Ive said before. Do NOT tell us Sim guys that there are features in your Longshot movie that we CFM guys might want, and NOT put them in the game.

Why not just PUT them in CFM?!? I really cant comprehend.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:39 AM   #108
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
I said "so many", not "no one"

There is a distinct difference. It's my observation from being here 12+ years. It was a moment to empathize with a former Madden employee.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-16-2017, 09:44 AM   #109
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
I said "so many", not "no one"

There is a distinct difference. It's my observation from being here 12+ years. It was a moment to empathize with a former Madden employee.
Cool the jets buddy haha. I understood what you were doing, and I never said you meant every one. Just giving a point to the discussion.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:47 AM   #110
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Cool the jets buddy haha. I understood what you were doing, and I never said you meant every one. Just giving a point to the discussion.
My bad thought the quotes were meant to be my post.

I'm a strict CFM guy and want to burn everything else to the ground so I steer clear about getting involved in resource talk for the most part. I should stay that way...

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-16-2017, 09:49 AM   #111
MVP

MajorSupreme's Arena

Quote:
My bad thought the quotes were meant to be my post.

I'm a strict CFM guy and want to burn everything else to the ground so I steer clear about getting involved in resource talk for the most part. I should stay that way...
Too true, heavy bias on my side. Leave that for adembroski and the professionals haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 10:44 AM   #112
MVP

Toupal's Arena

What this all stems back to for me is 2k vs EA.

Why is it that 2k never has excuses? But every year, it is some new excuse for EA?

I would just love to hear what developers at Madden think of 2k's myLeague/ myGM mode.

We see the effort they are going to to compete with 2k by moving John White to NBA Live. And in my opinion, I have not seen Madden make great improvements since it was competing with 2k in football.

I think we are going to keep seeing lackluster releases and features as long as EA owns the exclusive NFL rights, or unless there is MAJOR turn over in that company.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »