Home

Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2017, 09:42 AM   #145
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Im disappointed about the CFM news but they had to devote resources for NBA Live. The bottomline is they have a competitor in NBA2k...Madden has no competition. If it did, I don't think this thread would even exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Yeah but EA makes so money, as a whole, that they should not have to divert people, resources from one game to help another.
It's not about the amount of people (where money would solve everything)...it's who those people are and the specific and invaluable talents, experience and knowledge they bring to the table.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2017, 09:55 AM   #146
MVP

OVR: 0

Thanks for the synopsis Deuce. Much appreciated. Disappointing for CFM and feature improvements. Would have liked to have seen Game Plan play call selections increased from 9 to 24 plays per window, as well as the ability to actually call plays from Game Plan in practice mode. Situational practice is also long over due. Season schedule logic also needed looking in to. Story Mode was clearly the focus this year.

Last edited by edgevoice; 06-17-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #147
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
That's exactly what usually ends up killing it for me. The way I'd describe my outlook is that I'm not looking to play games, I'm looking to play seasons. And basically everything you do outside of games is stuff that I feel needs to be a done significantly better because it's all very uninteresting and boring IMO. GamePlanning is all-around too shallow as is scouting. I really don't like the way injuries within Big Decisions are handled. And then re-signing negotiations are always easy as pie so there is no sense of actually really doing anything more than deciding whether to keep a player or let them go. So basically once I do a few GamePlan drills (which I'd honestly rather never do at all) it's just Play Game>Scout>Advance...Play Game>Scout>Advance. Throw in issues with CPU-Playcalling on the field and then their trade, draft, and overall roster logic off-the-field and it makes keeping me interested for multiple seasons a lot harder.
Deuce, agree 100%. Have the same feeling when I play the mode. It feels like everything put into the mode is simply 'check in the box', meaning it's put in to say it's merely 'in there', not to say that it was put in properly with depth and logic. The mode is robotic and tedious because of that. Everything requires a 'work-around' or you have to concede strategy to get a sense of any realism and balance from CPU teams.

I spent my teens and early 20's playing the mode exhaustively and try every single year to get back to wanting to play multiple seasons but just can't keep the desire past 1 off-season anymore. And the time required to invest in 32 team control just doesn't exist anymore for me. Heck, the excitement starts to fade after spending 30 mins just to get control of the 32 teams. Lol.

And for all the talk about how they want us to ignore the OVR rating anymore, would be nice if the CPU looked at anything but the OVR when making its decisions. And Deuce, among your many great posts, the one with the CPU drafting 5 QBs in a single draft was just painfully comical.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:40 PM   #148
MVP

Toupal's Arena

As the original post states, we as franchise players need to come together. No more offline vs online, no more sim vs competitive. Especially after this year when I feel like everyone lost.

Nothing annoys me more on these threads than when someone shares and idea or feature they want in the game, and then someone comes along and says "Well I'd never use that." or "That wouldn't be worth the time or resources."

In my opinion, there is no such thing as a bad addition to a game, as long as you give users the ability to customize and play the game how we want.

Custom Draft Classes- Don't like them? Don't use them
O-Line injuries- Don't like them? Adjust your injury sliders
Team Relocation- Don't like it? Turn off team relocation
Legendary Players/ Teams in CFM- Don't like it, don't use it.
Historical Stat/ Record Tracking- Don't care about it? Then no harm done if it is added

We need to come together and get our voices heard so we can all get the franchise mode we deserve and have waited forever for.

I want to believe that our voices are getting heard through OS, but due to EA's recent track record, it is almost as if they aren't listening.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:16 PM   #149
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
As the original post states, we as franchise players need to come together. No more offline vs online, no more sim vs competitive. Especially after this year when I feel like everyone lost.

Nothing annoys me more on these threads than when someone shares and idea or feature they want in the game, and then someone comes along and says "Well I'd never use that." or "That wouldn't be worth the time or resources."

In my opinion, there is no such thing as a bad addition to a game, as long as you give users the ability to customize and play the game how we want.

Custom Draft Classes- Don't like them? Don't use them
O-Line injuries- Don't like them? Adjust your injury sliders
Team Relocation- Don't like it? Turn off team relocation
Legendary Players/ Teams in CFM- Don't like it, don't use it.
Historical Stat/ Record Tracking- Don't care about it? Then no harm done if it is added

We need to come together and get our voices heard so we can all get the franchise mode we deserve and have waited forever for.

I want to believe that our voices are getting heard through OS, but due to EA's recent track record, it is almost as if they aren't listening.
I get the impression....and have so for many years...that the developers themselves want what we want and push for it....but they have to abide by what the higher-ups want added or removed and have to get whatever that is, done in a certain amount of time.

Other publishers..2k....Sony....I don't think they limit and restrict the creativity and innovation of the devs the way EA does. But I could be completely wrong here. But this is just the general conclusion I've drawn personally.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:16 PM   #150
Rookie

EA doesnt have go ask us if we want CGI across the board in all mode it should be common sense. That way you balance out all modes and not show favoritism to one mode cough cough MUT. Like someone said earlier I'm going to vote with my money and not buy this year .

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-17-2017, 05:05 PM   #151
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
I get the impression....and have so for many years...that the developers themselves want what we want and push for it....but they have to abide by what the higher-ups want added or removed and have to get whatever that is, done in a certain amount of time.

Other publishers..2k....Sony....I don't think they limit and restrict the creativity and innovation of the devs the way EA does. But I could be completely wrong here. But this is just the general conclusion I've drawn personally.
I agree with you. I believe it's obvious there's passion in Rex and this Dev team to deliver a great game. The ability to convey and extract that passion from those that perhaps lack it, we don't know. The gameplay push is evident.

And to be fair, b/c i've posted a bit lately that sounds critical...is the Franchise mode better than the cliff it fell off after M12? Yes, it's certainly better now opposed to then. Is it playable? Yes. Will improved gameplay take some frustration out of played games? Yes, if it's as advertised.

My frame of reference comes into play with where we should AND could be with AI logic and authenticity.

Btw, to also chime in with the guys who mentioned they'd rather have less features in favor of more presentation and dynamic commentary. I agree there too. IMO, there's a difference between 'Features' and 'Authenticity'. Authenticity is an obligation I feel EA has when they purchase the NFL license and promote the moniker of "If it's in the game..."

For Authenticity, things like logos and team names obviously have to be exact, as-is across the board. Whether we like them or not, they should be in the game. And things that have layers of complexities, like multiple types of contracts, Restricted Free Agency, 5th year options, etc. should have sliders or auto functions. They should NOT be absent from the game with the excuse that its' overwhelming for 'casuals'.

Features are a different animal. Some, like full player editing, are fantastic and belong in any Franchise to use or not. I agree with the guys who brought it up with something like 'Big Decisions' as example that's pawned off like it's something new and stamped on the back of the box. Absolutely unnecessary and misleading. Features can be a waste of time and resources. Authenticity should be an obligation. IMO, of course.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2017, 06:37 PM   #152
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deu22ces
I agree with you. I believe it's obvious there's passion in Rex and this Dev team to deliver a great game. The ability to convey and extract that passion from those that perhaps lack it, we don't know. The gameplay push is evident.

And to be fair, b/c i've posted a bit lately that sounds critical...is the Franchise mode better than the cliff it fell off after M12? Yes, it's certainly better now opposed to then. Is it playable? Yes. Will improved gameplay take some frustration out of played games? Yes, if it's as advertised.

My frame of reference comes into play with where we should AND could be with AI logic and authenticity.

Btw, to also chime in with the guys who mentioned they'd rather have less features in favor of more presentation and dynamic commentary. I agree there too. IMO, there's a difference between 'Features' and 'Authenticity'. Authenticity is an obligation I feel EA has when they purchase the NFL license and promote the moniker of "If it's in the game..."

For Authenticity, things like logos and team names obviously have to be exact, as-is across the board. Whether we like them or not, they should be in the game. And things that have layers of complexities, like multiple types of contracts, Restricted Free Agency, 5th year options, etc. should have sliders or auto functions. They should NOT be absent from the game with the excuse that its' overwhelming for 'casuals'.

Features are a different animal. Some, like full player editing, are fantastic and belong in any Franchise to use or not. I agree with the guys who brought it up with something like 'Big Decisions' as example that's pawned off like it's something new and stamped on the back of the box. Absolutely unnecessary and misleading. Features can be a waste of time and resources. Authenticity should be an obligation. IMO, of course.
Therein lies the problem...the core problem, imo. Madden has no direct competition!! We can point to The Show and NBA 2k as the standards for franchise mode, presentation and gameplay elements all we want....we can unite the online and offline Madden community all we want....

but as long as we can NOT point to an NFL 2K18 and/or an NFL GameDay 2018 as viable threats to Madden's market and being more worthy of our football gaming $$$ ...then the EA higher-ups really do not need to listen to us and aren't obligated to do any more than what THEY deem necessary to make the game "better" and/or "different" than last year.

If we all wanna unite behind somethin....Madden features is NOT it! We all need to unite and find some way to end exclusivity of the NFL/NFLPA license with EA and restore competition and consumer choice in the NFL-licensed football gaming market! Especially now that there's proof of Madden being put on the back burner due directly and indirectly to lack of true competition.

And I'm gonna leave it at that before I get banned.

Last edited by Kanobi; 06-17-2017 at 07:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »