Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster) - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 06-14-2017, 10:58 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
So again, the reality is EA builds the game THEY want. And the game they want to build is one of the highest selling sports games out there. Madden 17 sold over 2.2 million units last year. Wouldn't surprise me if it jumped to 2.5 million for 18.
It's the only football game on the market what's your point?
Old 06-14-2017, 10:58 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Am I understanding this correctly. One of the reasons they chose to not do much with cfm this year is because their resources were tied up working on a basketball game?

How in the world is that even an issue? This is a company with deep pockets, and the only one with the rights to make an nfl game. And they skip an entire cycle of development on franchise mode in part because of a basketball game?

I have to believe pulling in additional resources to do both would have been an option. I just cant believe we are hearing the ball wasnt moved forward on franchise mode due to a basketball game. Thats very disappointing. Hoping there is more to this and that they have some cfm surprises yet to reveal.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:02 PM   #27
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0

You guys taking it to the Devs, go join them. I'm not sure you all understand how much goes into making a video game. If they're adding a new mode to "reveloutionize" Madden, and fixing legacy issues, and gameplay, then stop complaining. Idk why anyone expects a perfect and brand new game every season. This isn't fallout 4 or one of these once every 4-5 year games. They have to build a game every year. Fixing old code, writing new code, fixing new code, writing new code, testing, fixing, testing, hearing everyone complain about everything, fixing code, dealing with marketing etc.

Gameplay every year should be #1-#50 on what needs fixed/improved list.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:24 PM   #28
Just started!

Quote:
So again, the reality is EA builds the game THEY want. And the game they want to build is one of the highest selling sports games out there. Madden 17 sold over 2.2 million units last year. Wouldn't surprise me if it jumped to 2.5 million for 18.
The NFL shield is what sells Madden, and thats the main problem.

And here is what I dont get....almost every year, EA and Madden fans make the "short development cycle" excuse for them...but they are charging $60 for the game EVERY SINGLE YEAR....same as triple A games that have been in development for 5+ years. Not sure how so many seem to find that to be an acceptable excuse year after year.

If EA were selling the game for $30 or even $40, the development cycle argument would be excusable. For a full $60 every single year...it really isnt IMO.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:08 AM   #29
Pro

lgxjames's Arena

OVR: 14

How many years will we continue to hear things like this...
Old 06-15-2017, 12:21 AM   #30
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Like someone else in this thread mentioned, if the gameplay is as solid as they're saying, I'm good with minimal franchise tweaks and additions this year. And I'm a sim/coach mode kinda player also.

I thoroughly enjoyed M17 last year rebuilding the Browns, and played it more than any other Madden game.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:19 AM   #31
Pro

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
There's no one to blame. Here's the reality. Madden doesn't have everything you want this year. It's not going to have everything you want next year. And it won't the year after that. No video game is perfect and will always need improvement.
But Shopmaster specifically said "it's higher than that" about what the devs wanted to do and what they were told to do, so there is someone to blame. It's not as simple as "no videogame is perfect" .

So apparently the devs wanted to add things but could not.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 01:26 AM   #32
Rookie

lbj273's Arena

I thought they have been working on M18 for the past 2 years alongside the other versions to get ready for the move to Frostbite. If so how is it that the reasoning for nothing happening in CFM is so bloody NBA Live can catch up? That's absurd

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »