Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster) - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 06-15-2017, 07:49 AM   #41
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondsolution

Let's hope they show CFM the love in 19
They wont, its time to just acknowledge that and stop wishing. Tired of wishing , waiting, hoping, and getting crap for it. Im not getting any younger . Been waiting since madden 13 when they was gonna make Franchise CFM and this great mode..... still have yet to see it .No reason to think next year will be better.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 08:25 AM   #42
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13

Well, this thread has been disappointing read. My issue with lack of CFM improvements is this: While gameplay upgrades take a lot of testing and resources and is, in fact, a core component of CFM, most of the CFM improvements involve no video or graphics. It's just behind the scenes, under the hood type stuff. Draft boards, trade logics, situational football, substitutions, etc are just algorithms in the background. I'm not saying it's just easy but certainly not the resource hog that video interactions are.

Be Good Or Be Gone
Sent from Galaxy S8+
GT roll2tide
Let's play Madden or Fifa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 06-15-2017, 08:31 AM   #43
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
So again, the reality is EA builds the game THEY want. And the game they want to build is one of the highest selling sports games out there. Madden 17 sold over 2.2 million units last year. Wouldn't surprise me if it jumped to 2.5 million for 18.
I wouldn't use the fact that they are one of the best selling sports game as confirmation that they are doing a bang up job. They are not the top selling sports game despite being by far the biggest sport in the country. It is not even close. Add that in with there being no college game and no other nfl game and if they were doing an equAL job to other sports games their u.s. sales should be double any other sports game.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:41 AM   #44

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

As someone who is purchased every Madden since the SNES days, I have to say that Madden just isn't for me anymore. I'll save the long drawn out post about what CFM is missing and what I would like for them to add in the future because a) it's been done Ad nauseam and b) frankly typing it is a waste of time.

The bottom line is I just can't go from playing a franchise that is deep and immersive like NBA 2K's to Madden's that has been stuck in neutral for a decade (not putting the blame all on this dev team for that, but it is what it is). I'm just over the "wait until the future" stuff. Obviously, CFM wasn't a priority to them and even if game play is the best it's ever been a shallow, restricted CFM just doesn't cut it for me anymore. Hopefully, Rex and his team eventually get CFM where it needs to be, but the past few years has my faith in CFM as low as ever.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-15-2017, 08:50 AM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreatOne21
The NFL shield is what sells Madden, and thats the main problem.

And here is what I dont get....almost every year, EA and Madden fans make the "short development cycle" excuse for them...but they are charging $60 for the game EVERY SINGLE YEAR....same as triple A games that have been in development for 5+ years. Not sure how so many seem to find that to be an acceptable excuse year after year.

If EA were selling the game for $30 or even $40, the development cycle argument would be excusable. For a full $60 every single year...it really isnt IMO.
I agree. They get revenue from each year whereas other games do 4 years of work for revenue once. Everything else being equal, to spend the same on labor they should have 4 times the staff of 4 year games. To me they keep using the cycle as an excuse when it seems they just don't have enough people working on it. That is a business decision. They have done cost benefit analysis and the results is without competition they make more money by paying less people.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:55 AM   #46
Pro

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
As someone who is purchased every Madden since the SNES days, I have to say that Madden just isn't for me anymore. I'll save the long drawn out post about what CFM is missing and what I would like for them to add in the future because a) it's been done Ad nauseam and b) frankly typing it is a waste of time.

The bottom line is I just can't go from playing a franchise that is deep and immersive like NBA 2K's to Madden's that has been stuck in neutral for a decade (not putting the blame all on this dev team for that, but it is what it is). I'm just over the "wait until the future" stuff. Obviously, CFM wasn't a priority to them and even if game play is the best it's ever been a shallow, restricted CFM just doesn't cut it for me anymore. Hopefully, Rex and his team eventually get CFM where it needs to be, but the past few years has my faith in CFM as low as ever.
Well worse, and even more maddening (See what I did there? ) is that Rex basically came out and said, full on without any apology that resources were taken from CFM to fund NBA Live (Who gives two flying donkey wankers?) and Longshot.

The game sells because of the NFL Shield, and its the ONLY football game. But then you add in a mode, which we will have to wait a whole YEAR to advance. That lasts what? An hour? Two hours? And you took away people working on the mode that more then 60% of your user base plays?

Wow. Just. Wow.

Last edited by SteelD34KC; 06-15-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:00 AM   #47
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Well worse, and even more maddening (See what I did there? ) is that Rex basically came out and said, full on without any apology that resources were taken from CFM to fun NBA Live (Who gives two flying donkey wankers?) and Longshot.

The game sells because of the NFL Shield, and its the ONLY football game. But then you add in a mode, which we will have to wait a whole YEAR to advance. That lasts what? An hour? Two hours? And you took away people working on the mode that more then 60% of your user base plays?

Wow. Just. Wow.
Yep, I agree with most of the sentiment, CFM was put on the back table, yet, again. Like Sim said, the developers need to know that people aren't happy about it.

On a side note, I'd rather Rex be transparent about it(although I know it doesn't help) vs hiding the reasons or being facetious about the whole thing.
Old 06-15-2017, 09:01 AM   #48
Pro

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yep, I agree with most of the sentiment, CFM was put on the back table, yet, again. Like Sim said, the developers need to know that people aren't happy about it.

On a side note, I'd rather Rex be transparent about it(although I know it doesn't help) vs hiding the reasons or being facetious about the whole thing.
Oh yeah, but Rex also said in one interview that CFM is in the best place its ever been. That they have been revamping and building CFM for years. And now its time for other things to be built up...

Really? CFM is in the best place its been?

I agree with you, I like they come out and tell us, but man do I want to when I hear them say it lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »