Home

Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2017, 11:36 AM   #57
Banned

Brightline's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Depends on what you're looking for.

If you're looking for a deep single-player franchise experience, then sure, Madden isn't for you right now. You'll find better single-player experiences in The Show and NBA 2K, easily. However, Madden's multiplayer online functionality in franchise mode is best in class; the servers are reliable, the streamlining of the mode really helps keep leagues moving (my league got further this past year than any other league I've ever run), the servers are reliable, it's well-balanced experience in a multiplayer context, the servers are reliable... I could go on.

Also, the servers are reliable.
This is very right and cannot be stressed enough. I have been very critical of CFM as a single player in depth franchise mode BUT as an online multiple player mode it is really awesome and a lot of fun.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:40 AM   #58
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Yes I'm not counting servers and online connect ability for CFM. Those things are for any online head to head game. I'm only talking about purely the CFM mode itself.
Server uptime and reliability absolutely matters for online franchise, especially when other games are so hit-and-miss in this regard.

Where do you think all that data your Franchise lives? What hardware do you think the franchise uses to coordinate 32 users interacting with it whenever and wherever they want (and having as many franchises as they want)? How do you think the mode even begins to work in an online capacity? Where do you think the program which runs the multiplayer rookie draft lives?

That's all servers. Without working servers, online franchise doesn't even work. Franchise could have all the bells and whistles in the world, but if they don't work online (which Madden bills itself as an online franchise mode, so they have to), then they're worthless.

Quote:
The CFM mode itself is basically untouched this year it looks like. That is a disappointment.
Again, I agree with this.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:41 AM   #59
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Im disappointed about the CFM news but they had to devote resources for NBA Live. The bottomline is they have a competitor in NBA2k...Madden has no competition. If it did, I don't think this thread would even exist.

Last edited by Kanobi; 06-15-2017 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:06 PM   #60
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

A draft board is a draft board. It's at least something for those guys who can't make a draft. I'll take it

What I want, for my offline CFM, is for the CPU AI to be improved so they are actually a challenge

Also I really hope FA changed. The point system is a terrible concept

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-15-2017, 12:28 PM   #61
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Im disappointed about the CFM news but they had to devote resources for NBA Live. The bottomline is they have a competitor in NBA2k...Madden has no competition. If it did, I don't think this thread would even exist.
Yeah but EA makes so money, as a whole, that they should not have to divert people, resources from one game to help another.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 12:36 PM   #62
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm an offline franchise-only guy, so the lack of franchise improvements is definitely annoying. Although, I am still less annoyed than I was last year, which was supposed to be the year CFM was "overhauled." At least this year, I wasn't expecting much.

It is what it is, I'll vote with my wallet and avoid buying it this year...if the gameplay turns out to be as great as some are making it seem, I will buy a used copy after a couple months.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:43 PM   #63
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
A draft board is a draft board. It's at least something for those guys who can't make a draft. I'll take it

What I want, for my offline CFM, is for the CPU AI to be improved so they are actually a challenge

Also I really hope FA changed. The point system is a terrible concept

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Draft board for online leagues is not going to help that much, simply because you may very well end up with 3 players at same position and you only really wanted 1 of them. Im willing to bet, come about jan or before, people in online leagues will be having an issue with it because of this. You just as well off letting the CPU draft for you. At least you know it will pick you a few good players, even if its at positions you dont need them at, no different than the draft board picking you 2 more HBs , or DTs, or LEs than you needed.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 06-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #64
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Yeah but EA makes so money, as a whole, that they should not have to divert people, resources from one game to help another.
Live has probably been hemorrhaging money for years. It's not selling well and faces a juggernaut in 2K. This was probably a cost saving way to utilize time and development to add depth to Live. Live has to have more depth to even have a shot at recovering. I have Live 16 and the dynasty is awful; rookies look like 50 year old men. EA being a big profitable company does not negate them wanting to save money. I'm guessing that had something to do with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »