Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster) - Page 9 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 06-15-2017, 11:52 AM   #65
MVP

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden 18 Franchise PSA (Shopmaster)

The run-around with CFM is just comical. A few years back it was the fact that not many people were playing it so we have to get people playing before we see significant improvements. Which then turned into more people playing it but if it was too hard for a 12-year old to enjoy it and come in, it's not worth making features any deeper or better. And now that we've arrived to that point, tons of people are playing it and the mode has been dumbed down enough for every user to be able to understand it and.....well you see NBA Live is coming back this year so we decided to take a year off and try to get their franchise up to speed. But the fact that they'll now be under the same architecture with a game that has been successfully running itself into the ground for the last ten years is supposed to now suddenly instill confidence and faith that "big, BIG things are coming?"

And then after all that you're likely going to come back next year and tell me that if I really want the mode to get better I have to start paying?

"When a game is so hard to play and so unapproachable that you can't get that 12-year old to enjoy it and come in, it's kind of not worth diving in deeper and making the feature better for you guys."
- Former Head of CFM
Old 06-15-2017, 11:53 AM   #66
Rookie

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0

Wow. I'm not surprised but at the same time I'm extremely disappointed. There's every chance I might not buy it after owning every version since Madden 95. I could dissect every bullet point in that first post - the NBA Live one being the most obvious to criticise - but what's the point at the end of the day.

If I had to sum it up with one word I'd say 'shameful'.

(apparently, the storyline mode doesn't actually involve playing full games either? geesh...)
Old 06-15-2017, 12:08 PM   #67
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

So then why take resources to a series that works that every year sells well, to give it to one that historically has done more than a flop, the ea gets drunk with the basket, maybe for them is a fixed nail, but with the 2k there is no story.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:10 PM   #68
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
The run-around with CFM is just comical. A few years back it was the fact that not many people were playing it so we have to get people playing before we see significant improvements. Which then turned into more people playing it but if it was too hard for a 12-year old to enjoy it and come in, it's not worth making features any deeper or better. And now that we've arrived to that point, tons of people are playing it and the mode has been dumbed down enough for every user to be able to understand it and.....well you see NBA Live is coming back this year so we decided to take a year off and try to get their franchise up to speed. But the fact that they'll now be under the same architecture with a game that has been successfully running itself into the ground for the last ten years is supposed to now suddenly instill confidence and faith that "big, BIG things are coming?"

And then after all that you're likely going to come back next year and tell me that if I really want the mode to get better I have to start paying?

I second , third and 4th this entire statement. Run Around, excuses.Can not even begin to tell me EA is hurting so bad they could not afford to hire a team for NBA Live. Which im still not getting, they made NBA Live 16, said they been working on 18 for 2 years, what happened to the team they already had? Or even the budget they already had going had a team on NBA Live and a team on Madden.So no matter how you slice it, they cut us out basically to save money, as if they arent raking in the billions as it is.That is what is most frustrating to me. Its always wait , wait , wait.Yet im supposed to feel bad for them because after all " businesses are meant to make money". No s#$T .Who dont know that? But last i checked they are making more than enough to fund CFM just a tiny fraction more out of their profit and still be doing really ,really, really, really well. So please dont come with that BS for those about to type it.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:12 PM   #69
The Defenders

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I've Tweeted them several times to expand upon the Broadcast Cam that was supposed to immerse gamers like never before or at least throw in Custom Cam option.

I tried playing FIFA from the same Cam view as Madden and it's not the same.

Custom Cam could add a breath of fresh air by allowing the gamer to customize to a perspective they like to play from.

I just can't understand how folks can watch the game on tv then enjoy playing Madden from a different perspective/angle while at the same time asking that the game simulate what the see on tv.

Here's to hoping though.
Maybe it got included and is being kept on the down-low as a surprise like Player Editing.
Speaking for myself, I want the game to simulate the football concepts that we see on TV, not the POV that we watch the game from. Same thing with basketball.
I dont get this. Ok nothing against anyone whos buying both or whatever but when I buy a NBA game I want the most accurate and best graphical game possible and by accurate I mean all current players, arenas, equipment. Not some bum from the 80's
Old 06-15-2017, 12:15 PM   #70
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I agree with most of what everyone is saying here but also let's not kid ourselves. People want to compare to The Show and NBA 2k, but those games have issues too.

MLB The Show's franchise mod wasn't touched at all last year and it was cause "they have a small team". Not sure if people remember that.

NBA 2k17 has the franchise mode but honestly not THAT much was done last year either, and the gameplay of NBA 2k has it's own plethora of issues. The presentation is what shines in NBA 2k.

I mean I get it people want to try to compare to other games, but each game shines in it's own way.

People want a complete rehaul of CFM in Madden and that's just not happening. Each year they will add things but people are expecting miracles. Also remember what Swami said it his video?

The features in Longshot would be amazing if they were put in CFM and the devs want people to give them feedback so they can maybe add them in.

I'm not happy about the minimal changes either but some of you are setting yourselves up to be disappointed year in year out.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:27 PM   #71
Always

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Draft board for online leagues is not going to help that much, simply because you may very well end up with 3 players at same position and you only really wanted 1 of them. Im willing to bet, come about jan or before, people in online leagues will be having an issue with it because of this. You just as well off letting the CPU draft for you. At least you know it will pick you a few good players, even if its at positions you dont need them at, no different than the draft board picking you 2 more HBs , or DTs, or LEs than you needed.
Man in '16 I had the CPU draft me two HB's in the 1st/2nd and I had 4 HB on the roster and I absolutely did not want a HB.

Give me the draft board

At least I get a sense of control
Old 06-15-2017, 12:46 PM   #72
Rookie

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I agree with most of what everyone is saying here but also let's not kid ourselves. People want to compare to The Show and NBA 2k, but those games have issues too.

MLB The Show's franchise mod wasn't touched at all last year and it was cause "they have a small team". Not sure if people remember that.

NBA 2k17 has the franchise mode but honestly not THAT much was done last year either, and the gameplay of NBA 2k has it's own plethora of issues. The presentation is what shines in NBA 2k.

I mean I get it people want to try to compare to other games, but each game shines in it's own way.

People want a complete rehaul of CFM in Madden and that's just not happening. Each year they will add things but people are expecting miracles. Also remember what Swami said it his video?

The features in Longshot would be amazing if they were put in CFM and the devs want people to give them feedback so they can maybe add them in.

I'm not happy about the minimal changes either but some of you are setting yourselves up to be disappointed year in year out.
The line in bold is what baffles me about Madden. There are franchise wishlists every single year and there's a community manager and so forth whose job it is to articulate what the community wants to the development team. And then there's Twitter. I don't believe for one second that the Madden devs want feedback on prospective features when they already know what people want to see added to the game. It's just an excuse to buy them more time and what happens next year? "We didn't get much positive feedback so that's it..." Said features never get added to the game.

How much coding would it need to add the Pro Bowl game?
The Hall of Fame game?

This is supposed to be THE game of the NFL. "If it's in the game" and all that...

Last edited by RogerDodger; 06-15-2017 at 12:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »