CFM - mini games vs CGI - Operation Sports Forums
Home

CFM - mini games vs CGI

This is a discussion on CFM - mini games vs CGI within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2017, 02:01 PM   #1
MVP
 
OhMrHanky's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
CFM - mini games vs CGI

With everything going on, coming out between longshot and what we might like going into CFM from longshot, etc, I was just curious what this community's opinion might be on this. And, I say this because we know longshot has combine and 7 v 7 drills, so I'm really curious in this specific question to the community.

Would u rather have:
1. 7 v 7 drills in CFM in some kind of tutorial mode that also affects weekly ratings (similar to what we have, today, I know, but just throwing that in as an additional item linked to 7v7). The ratings bump, of course, would not be huge (also, similar to what we have now with weekly training), but it would exist.
OR
2. Would u rather have a more interactive CGI experience inside CFM? Something like better overall interface instead of GUI. I'm thinking maybe, coach talking to u, scouts talking, and/or more importantly to me, interactive weekly information (weekly wrap up show of some type).

Those are your only 2 choices. Lol. I'm not trying to get into a 'what do u want in cfm' thing, here. I'm more curious to gauge the communities want or desire for more 'play mini game' stuff or more 'outside CGI immersion' stuff, maybe.

I may not be explaining this perfectly, but maybe,
1. Extra 'stuff' that has u play mini games
OR
2. Extra 'stuff' that adds immersion without u playing mini games.

The reason I think I'm asking this is that, I, personally don't want more mini games. I know I won't play more mini games. I just want to play the weekly games. Occasionally, I might play the skills trainer, so it's nice to have in there, but I, honestly, just don't use it enough.

However, I would absolutely love a weekly wrap up show. That is something I would watch every 'week' of the season. And/or, I can't think of how, exactly, they might add other immersion, but if they thought of something cool that had u interacting with your coach every week, or your agent, maybe? During contract negotiations? Make those more immersive so you're actually speaking with a CGI agent? And, they can break down the dollars and cents more?

The more I thought about this, the more it sort of comes down to:

1. Mini-games
2. CGI - interaction

Just curious.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OhMrHanky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 02:05 PM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2016
Re: CFM - mini games vs CGI

2. CGI..weekly recap and best game ever in #CFM immersion

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
RudyBrown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:08 PM   #3
MVP
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Dec 2007
Blog Entries: 5
Re: CFM - mini games vs CGI

Every year, when you load up the game the first time, they have you play the Super Bowl with all those cut scenes. I want to play that every game.
johnnyg713 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:08 PM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2011
Re: CFM - mini games vs CGI

Definitely #2 CGI interaction. Possibly weekly shows or watching the combine or a virtual draft so you could be in Radio City Music Hall, or Philly, or wherever they will have it from now on. I do not want to compare games but exactly what 2k does for the drafts, contract negotiations with players etc.
footballfan25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:13 PM   #5
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: CFM - mini games vs CGI

Ugh....those are the two options...?

- Minigames are OK provided that a) you can sim them and b) any benefit the user is able to get can be achieved by the CPU-controlled teams

- CGI stuff....nah; it's why I never played that one mode on NBA 2k....don't remember what it's called. Opening scene and I am talking to the owner about goals and crap....I quite literally shut off the mode at the point and never touched it again. For me, this stuff adds nothing at all to the overall mode when a simple UI easily suffices and gets you into the game more.

So....with those options, I will take the minigames (with the caveat that they are able to be simmed).
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:15 PM   #6
MVP
 
OhMrHanky's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Re: CFM - mini games vs CGI

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Every year, when you load up the game the first time, they have you play the Super Bowl with all those cut scenes. I want to play that every game.


Lol. Wow. Don't get me wrong. That could be cool, actually. And, is an interesting thought. I think that would be tough to create, but in essence, they could create a 'Play the Moments' version of this? So, some of the code is there, imo. They could do a 'rough sim' of some plays, and then have a scripted play to run similar to the intro stuff.

Yeah, actually, that might be an interesting option for them, the more I think about it. I have a feeling it would be hard to make dynamic enough so that I didn't see the same thing over and over. But, if they could find a way to make this dynamic so the CPU is actually sort of able to generate different scenarios all the time, yeah, I could see this being appealing to some.

And, again, it's sort of a Play the Moments thing, so perhaps it wouldn't be as difficult to layer something on there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OhMrHanky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #7
MVP
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Dec 2007
Blog Entries: 5
Re: CFM - mini games vs CGI

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Lol. Wow. Don't get me wrong. That could be cool, actually. And, is an interesting thought. I think that would be tough to create, but in essence, they could create a 'Play the Moments' version of this? So, some of the code is there, imo. They could do a 'rough sim' of some plays, and then have a scripted play to run similar to the intro stuff.

Yeah, actually, that might be an interesting option for them, the more I think about it. I have a feeling it would be hard to make dynamic enough so that I didn't see the same thing over and over. But, if they could find a way to make this dynamic so the CPU is actually sort of able to generate different scenarios all the time, yeah, I could see this being appealing to some.

And, again, it's sort of a Play the Moments thing, so perhaps it wouldn't be as difficult to layer something on there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it's definitely set up for that. I could envision things like you not doing certain drills in practice and you get to a situation in the game where a player in the huddle goes, "man i wish we practiced this." Or vice versa where you did practice something and you get to a point in the game where you need to use it.

OR players talking crap on twitter then there's a scenario in the game where the player confronts you..

OR a player is upset he doesn't get the ball much and you have to make a decision in the game where he comes up to you and says "hey throw me the ball". If you don't then there will be even more controversy the next week.

Bunch of stuff.
johnnyg713 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:23 PM   #8
MVP
 
OhMrHanky's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Re: CFM - mini games vs CGI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Ugh....those are the two options...?

- Minigames are OK provided that a) you can sim them and b) any benefit the user is able to get can be achieved by the CPU-controlled teams

- CGI stuff....nah; it's why I never played that one mode on NBA 2k....don't remember what it's called. Opening scene and I am talking to the owner about goals and crap....I quite literally shut off the mode at the point and never touched it again. For me, this stuff adds nothing at all to the overall mode when a simple UI easily suffices and gets you into the game more.

So....with those options, I will take the minigames (with the caveat that they are able to be simmed).


Lol. Ugghhh!! Lol. Right on, man. No, that's exactly why I asked the question this way or only posited the 2 choices. Because, I sort of feel like that's a generic breakdown in choices the devs might face.

And, as much as I, personally, want a weekly wrap up show, I'm with u on some other CGI aspects that I would skip over. I would prob skip over talking to the coach and whatnot. But, I might like the agent stuff. That might interest me some.

The other CGI I thought of, and was also mentioned by Lexicon in the other thread:
What about CGI video footage of top draft prospects? I think that would add immersion and be cool, actually. To see some wicked hits by an up and coming safety or something. A big INT return by a wicked fast CB or something.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OhMrHanky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 PM.

Top -