Home

Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Videos From E3 (Off-Camera)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Videos From E3 (Off-Camera) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2017, 12:14 AM   #65
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Videos From E3 (Off-Camera)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
At this point it is just mind boggling. Madden has NEVER been even close to this late in the cycle without releasing ANY gameplay videos or blogs. I don't understand their strategy (as a marketing manager myself). It is clear they have much less information to release than usual due to Frostbite and Longshot, but we are a week away from July with nothing.
Serious question: Will this effect sales in any way? The game has zero competition. No other major sports title is released within 3 weeks to a month of the game.

If EA decided to drop videos in mid July would that cause one person to not buy the game?

I get that we are used to being marketed to in a certain way. I get that we want to see what gameplay improvements there are. But I never understood why other sports games market their games 3-4 months before release. The goal should be to get people excited about the game near release not in June, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 12:27 AM   #66
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Do they even have anything? I thought I recalled hearing that there was no off-screen or capturing allowed period at the event. If they had something it'd be released by now like it was last year but the fact that nobody was allowed to record and Rex talked about videos coming from a community influencer capture event some time in late-June and most likely July would lead me to believe that nobody has anything in the way of raw gameplay to release at this point.
According to moonlight swammy, they have footage and others have stated as well that they captured footage. Rex Dickson pointed out in an interview that he hinted that the Xbox one x and ps 4 were still being tweaked graphically. That is why I think there is such a delay. I am patient. My post wasn't to complain it is to shed light on maybe why. But it is concerning that nothing has come out after over a weak....
Old 06-23-2017, 12:35 AM   #67
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Serious question: Will this effect sales in any way? The game has zero competition. No other major sports title is released within 3 weeks to a month of the game.

If EA decided to drop videos in mid July would that cause one person to not buy the game?

I get that we are used to being marketed to in a certain way. I get that we want to see what gameplay improvements there are. But I never understood why other sports games market their games 3-4 months before release. The goal should be to get people excited about the game near release not in June, right?
Wrong ,most of this community and other sights are buying the game even if the players were barefoot. ( lol... prob not) but you get our dedication. The point is a respect level for us the supporting community that could not attend E3. And having more eyes from this community critiquing the game from quality videos could also aid and expedite the process of catching bugs and glitches before launch. It's no secret that EA reaches out to this community for insight. It just seams that you could appease the masses as well as be efficient at troubleshooting if you threw us a video here and there.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:36 AM   #68
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
According to moonlight swammy, they have footage and others have stated as well that they captured footage. Rex Dickson pointed out in an interview that he hinted that the Xbox one x and ps 4 were still being tweaked graphically. That is why I think there is such a delay. I am patient. My post wasn't to complain it is to shed light on maybe why. But it is concerning that nothing has come out after over a weak....
Gotcha, I wasn't aware anyone had said they had captured footage. I honestly think it's because of NBA Live. They want to go all-in and know Madden hype takes away from their hype and they need all the help they can get. They really, really don't want NBA Live to be a dud and flop again and I'm sure they know they could put out absolutely nothing and Madden would still sell in droves. I'd bet they're fully willing to lose Madden sales if it means they were purchasing NBA Live instead.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:37 AM   #69
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

You bring up a good point actually. If they said the graphics are still being optimized for the 4K consoles then it stands to reason they would want to show off that gameplay and not gameplay with for lack of a better term, inferior graphically.

I doubt this is the only reason as I'm sure there are marketing reasons as well. But you always want to put your best foot forward. So I can see this being a factor.

I'm just as anxious to see gameplay as everyone else, but try to have patience. When they are released we won't care anymore. lol I guess that's a weird way of looking at it.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:48 AM   #70
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

I def hear ya. But that's the logic I keap coming back too. But Roadman brings up a good point . If Rex is having these guys capture gameplay in late June /July then that makes since it prob wasn't possible at EA play because of the type of venue it was.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:12 AM   #71
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Wrong ,most of this community and other sights are buying the game even if the players were barefoot. ( lol... prob not) but you get our dedication. The point is a respect level for us the supporting community that could not attend E3. And having more eyes from this community critiquing the game from quality videos could also aid and expedite the process of catching bugs and glitches before launch. It's no secret that EA reaches out to this community for insight. It just seams that you could appease the masses as well as be efficient at troubleshooting if you threw us a video here and there.
How is it disrespectful? I've been to E3 and the version they show at E3 isnt the retail version so what benefit do they get in showing videos of an unfinished product to the entire world?

Also is the point of showing the video to promote the game or to troubleshoot? If its to promote the game, if i'm EA the videos I show are going to have very few if any bugs/glitches in them so there isnt going to be anything to trouble shoot. If its to troubleshoot, they have a team of gamechangers and a huge QC team that already do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 01:20 AM   #72
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

EA has a marketing plan/strategy this year that is different from usual, and we're all impatient, that's the bottom line, lol. When the footage drops, none of this will matter. No one is gonna change their mind to purchase this game because the footage dropped later than usual. EA has us by the nuts, and they know it, lol......

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »