Home

Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Videos From E3 (Off-Camera)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Videos From E3 (Off-Camera) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2017, 01:27 PM   #121
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Videos From E3 (Off-Camera)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
I remember seeing the first E3 video of NFL 2k on Dreamcast, it showed a punt from what appeared to be a broadcast view (from the side) and as the ball went up in the air, the camera panned with it and showed the entire top sections and above/sky of Joe Robbie stadium in Miami, I just sat there with my mouth open, seems funny now but at the time OMG
I remember!!!
A Broadcast View that showed so much while the ball made its path on a simple Kick Off.

I'm still pushing for this to be done in Madden.

Gamers have gotten so use to playing from the "Practice Field" view for the past decade plus, that we have no idea how much gameplay immersion is sacrificed based on the current Cam angle/view.

I was able to tinker with the 360 version, and got the Cam angle to pull back from the side. (Press box depth)

**Seeing more of the Stadium and crowd from this angle while playing, along with the new commentary is mind blowing.

I'm banging my head to try and comprehend why the Broadcast Cam is not being fleshed out with the Play-by-Play Commentary as an option?

Still Tweeting Rex & Co to take a look.

But yeah, I remember having the same reaction (jaw dropped and dumbfounded)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2017, 02:01 PM   #122
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0

Whatever the reason, it inevitably raises suspicion when gameplay is concealed from the public. If the implementation of Frostbite was worth stalling production as it seemingly has done then you'd have expected them to be releasing as much material as they can be. I'm also a bit concerned by the fact that we're hearing so much about a story mode that on the surface seems incredibly limited in terms of actual gameplay. I've read that we won't actually play an entire game in the mode even if you play it all the way through.

If they are prioritising games like NBA Live and NHL then that means they're taking us for granted which is equally worrying.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 06-24-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:05 PM   #123
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm pretty sure MLB the Show 17 didn't show real gameplay until February and it came out in March.

I know 2K does the same thing.

I get Madden has shown gameplay earlier, but this seems to be the norm in the industry right now for sports games.
Old 06-24-2017, 05:08 PM   #124
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Videos From E3 (Off-Camera)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I'm pretty sure MLB the Show 17 didn't show real gameplay until February and it came out in March.

I know 2K does the same thing.

I get Madden has shown gameplay earlier, but this seems to be the norm in the industry right now for sports games.

Rex even mentioned this in his interview with the 4 Verts how they are taking the 2k approach of hitting us heavy with content the month before release. He also said there were some surprises and things yet to be revealed still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2017, 11:34 AM   #125
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
I was hoping Frostbite would deliver a more realistic environment but it still seems that players stand on the sidelines staring ahead like zombies, celebrations are still mostly individual players doing their thing. But obviously I can only go off of the few clips shown here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Not to mention sideline players STILL don't have names on the back of their jerseys & player models are still generic SMH. Not a deal breaker but it does kill immersion every time i see it.

I too was hoping that Frostbite would at least give them the ability to upgrade the sidelines / Living Worlds. They said the sidelines are interactive this year which is a nice touch but why are we still dealing with generic sideline player models in 2017? Not a good look at all for Madden especially when a game that came out over a decade & 2 generations ago (APF2K8) was able to have names on the sideline players jerseys.

Also where are the cheerleaders? It may sound trivial but cheerleaders are a huge part of the NFL experience. I know gameplay is most important but the point is these things were done in previous football games so there's no reason that Madden should continue to neglect these areas year after year. EA has never been able to nail the "little things" that keep you immersed. Guess we're going to have to wait for the PS5 to get real sidelines 😕
For me this has become a deal breaker. It hurts "MY" playing experience/immersion so much, that I can't support the game anymore until the bench players and sidelines in general are given the presidential treatment.

Other than that and possibly my pointless post, I definitely see and agree with the pro's that were listed and Madden in general has made good strides in improving the football X's and O's, but I will wait to purchase this series again once the bench players and sidelines aren't so much an eyesore and immersion stopper.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2017, 12:16 PM   #126
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Longshot trailer was a joke and that shows absolutely no gameplay.

You would of thought that how the game looks graphically ,they would of shown it on stage to ign or gamestop.

Once again . It is proven that they showed gameplay footage back in the day. Which clearly proves they approve of marketing the game that way. We also know from multiple sources that gameplay was captured.

Here we are almost 2 weaks removed and no one has uploaded what they captured. Is there an embargo that we don't know of?

To be fair, how do you know they were invited by IGN/Gamespot/whomever to show off gameplay?

A site like IGN streams during the day at E3 now, but they have a LOT of games to cover...and frankly, almost all of them are more interesting to your average gamer than another year of Madden. I'm not saying this is the case, as we don't know either way; maybe IGN asked for a live gameplay demo and EA declined, and maybe they didn't ask EA to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 06-27-2017, 02:24 PM   #127
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

On the assertion of Tiburon "concealing the game":

EA PLAY and E3 were literally both open to the public this year. EA PLAY admission has been open to the public every year it has happened so far, and admission was completely free both years to boot. Thousands of people who are not part of the EA Sports Game Changers program have played Madden 18 already. Heck, I have played the game already, if only briefly.

I get the complaints over lack of footage for those who couldn't make these events, but to say Tiburon has been hiding the game just isn't true at all.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:51 AM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just want to know why the heck we still have that terrible "snipershot to the back" collapsing animation whenever a tackle has been made. Isnt that something that could have or should have been fixed by this new "amazing" Frostbite engine? Still looks as though the life gets sucked out of a player the moment they collapse - then stay dead for a few seconds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »