Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ) - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2017, 11:59 PM   #9
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
I have to complain about the precision passing mechanic. You hype this brand new throwing mechanic but make it way too inconvenient to use. It's one thing if you make a mechanic hard but don't make it possibly penalize you if you chose to use it. Taking away the QB's mobility to avoid pressure. If you polled 100 madden players what stick the throwing reticule should be controlled with, I bet 99 would say RS. Use common sense, its like the team who designed it said "lets put it on the LS. What? RS? No. No too many sports games use the RS"


The whole point of it being mapped to the left stick is that it mimicked what happens in the NFL. Precision throws come from a clean pocket with feet set for most QBs. Throwing on the run shouldn't be as pin point. Throw in the fact that having played it, I can say that the line creates a better pocket, especially if you ID the mike, so you have time. It's purposefully designed that way and designed to have a steep learning curve. If you don't want to use it then you can still use the old precision passing. Complaining about it before you play with it is just silly.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Atax1s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:49 AM   #10
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atax1s
The whole point of it being mapped to the left stick is that it mimicked what happens in the NFL. Precision throws come from a clean pocket with feet set for most QBs. Throwing on the run shouldn't be as pin point. Throw in the fact that having played it, I can say that the line creates a better pocket, especially if you ID the mike, so you have time. It's purposefully designed that way and designed to have a steep learning curve. If you don't want to use it then you can still use the old precision passing. Complaining about it before you play with it is just silly.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah but here is the reality of NFL pockets:

Tom Brady


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXb-VTrg3Mg&t=1m45s

Now obviously only a couple qbs can do that, and Brady isn't known for a mobile qb, but that was throwing a leading, precision pass while drifting to the left under pressure from two angles while falling to the ground.

That seems to be exactly what you'd need target passing mapped to the RS for. And as for not everyone being Brady, just give an accuracy penalty to people doing it without arguably the best qb ever.



Of course I bring this point up knowing there is a line between balanced gameplay and realism that might not be crossable. Perhaps plays like what Brady made there will have to forever remain out of the game in the interest of balanced play?
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:55 AM   #11
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Yeah but here is the reality of NFL pockets:

Tom Brady


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXb-VTrg3Mg&t=1m45s

Now obviously only a couple qbs can do that, and Brady isn't known for a mobile qb, but that was throwing a leading, precision pass while drifting to the left under pressure from two angles while falling to the ground.

That seems to be exactly what you'd need target passing mapped to the RS for. And as for not everyone being Brady, just give an accuracy penalty to people doing it without arguably the best qb ever.



Of course I bring this point up knowing there is a line between balanced gameplay and realism that might not be crossable. Perhaps plays like what Brady made there will have to forever remain out of the game in the interest of balanced play?
Also I should point out two things from that video:

1- the 49ers got pressure on him all day despite the Pats having a good line and the 49ers ranking low in sacks. Make pass rush more ferocious!

2- Brady shows what elite qbing is all about. He's not throwing a million checkdowns. He's escaping the pressure and still throwing down the field dimes despite getting clobbered. Not every qb shouod be able to do that. Brady is a true Robo QB and he should reflect that, but other qbs simply CANNOT do those things.

So hopefully the game shows a real difference between Tom Brady and Matt Barkley. Sim mode seems to address this, so I hope Brady plays like Brady and Barkley like Barkley.

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 03:01 AM   #12
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Yeah but here is the reality of NFL pockets:

Tom Brady


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXb-VTrg3Mg&t=1m45s

Now obviously only a couple qbs can do that, and Brady isn't known for a mobile qb, but that was throwing a leading, precision pass while drifting to the left under pressure from two angles while falling to the ground.

That seems to be exactly what you'd need target passing mapped to the RS for. And as for not everyone being Brady, just give an accuracy penalty to people doing it without arguably the best qb ever.



Of course I bring this point up knowing there is a line between balanced gameplay and realism that might not be crossable. Perhaps plays like what Brady made there will have to forever remain out of the game in the interest of balanced play?


6 out of the 9 passes in that video were stationary passes from the pocket. Here's the thing. You don't have to activate target passing right away. You can roll out of the pocket and THEN hit L2 to bring up the primary. Again, the point of the precision passing is to emulate the rule in the NFL, not the outlier. Believe me, Brady, Rodgers, etc. are outliers.

Also, do you know how difficult it is from a dexterity standpoint to control both sticks AND hit the face button to throw it? Get it into your hands and you'll see why it makes sense the way they did it. How many times have people asked for a skill gap. This mechanic introduces that.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Atax1s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 03:50 AM   #13
Pro
 
Black Bruce Wayne's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2015
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Dude, seriously. Can not ONE of them pretend to be professional?
If is not Shopmaster , SimFBallCritic, Smitty, Sports Gamers online, or Smooth then I can't watch
Black Bruce Wayne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:40 AM   #14
Rookie
 
cuoreceltico's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2015
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

Another useless video *yawn*
__________________
Baseball and Soccer are so boring
cuoreceltico is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:15 AM   #15
MVP
 
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2009
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atax1s
6 out of the 9 passes in that video were stationary passes from the pocket. Here's the thing. You don't have to activate target passing right away. You can roll out of the pocket and THEN hit L2 to bring up the primary. Again, the point of the precision passing is to emulate the rule in the NFL, not the outlier. Believe me, Brady, Rodgers, etc. are outliers.

Also, do you know how difficult it is from a dexterity standpoint to control both sticks AND hit the face button to throw it? Get it into your hands and you'll see why it makes sense the way they did it. How many times have people asked for a skill gap. This mechanic introduces that.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
No I understand that, but an alternate way to make users stay in the pocket when using target passing is to make sure only the "outliers" can do it, by adding a massive accuracy penalty for throwing with target passing while moving UNLESS the quarterback is truly elite (and making the ball have a more random trajectory, so it can't be figured out and exploited). I mean, there is more than one way to make users stay in the pocket using target passing besides completely removing the possibility.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 06-16-2017 at 06:17 AM.
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:06 AM   #16
MVP
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Dec 2007
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atax1s
The whole point of it being mapped to the left stick is that it mimicked what happens in the NFL. Precision throws come from a clean pocket with feet set for most QBs. Throwing on the run shouldn't be as pin point. Throw in the fact that having played it, I can say that the line creates a better pocket, especially if you ID the mike, so you have time. It's purposefully designed that way and designed to have a steep learning curve. If you don't want to use it then you can still use the old precision passing. Complaining about it before you play with it is just silly.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
People who have played the game have said they wished it was mapped to the RS. As a qb you throw it to the spot you want it to go. It doesn't matter on the run, standing still, or pressure in your face. You saying "The whole point of it being mapped to the left stick is that it mimicked what happens in the NFL" is wrong and an assumption. Is there anywhere that says thats the reason precision passing is mapped to the LS? A QB on the run just doesn't chuck it up in the air and hopes it lands in the general area. They still try and throw it to the spot they want it to go. Taking away mobility when using it is just flat out bad design.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-16-2017 at 08:09 AM.
johnnyg713 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.

Top -