Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ) - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #17
Pro
 
SteelD34KC's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
People who have played the game have said they wished it was mapped to the RS. As a qb you throw it to the spot you want it to go. It doesn't matter on the run, standing still, or pressure in your face. You saying "The whole point of it being mapped to the left stick is that it mimicked what happens in the NFL" is wrong and an assumption. Is there anywhere that says thats the reason precision passing is mapped to the LS? A QB on the run just doesn't chuck it up in the air and hopes it lands in the general area. They still try and throw it to the spot they want it to go. Taking away mobility when using it is just flat out bad design.
Even worse design when you factor in the dice roll pass blocking. One second you think oh my line will hold, next second the DE just chucks the Olineman out of a perfectly good block and is in your face before you can figure out how to move.

Im not sure If Ill like it, but I will sure try it.
SteelD34KC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:21 AM   #18
MVP
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Dec 2007
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atax1s
6 out of the 9 passes in that video were stationary passes from the pocket. Here's the thing. You don't have to activate target passing right away. You can roll out of the pocket and THEN hit L2 to bring up the primary. Again, the point of the precision passing is to emulate the rule in the NFL, not the outlier. Believe me, Brady, Rodgers, etc. are outliers.

Also, do you know how difficult it is from a dexterity standpoint to control both sticks AND hit the face button to throw it? Get it into your hands and you'll see why it makes sense the way they did it. How many times have people asked for a skill gap. This mechanic introduces that.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
To your first point, a QB does not roll out then stop so he can throw an accurate pass. Again he needs to avoid pressure and still try and throw it to the spot he wants it to go. There should be an accuracy penalty like people have said because THAT is what happens in real life.

As for your dexterity concern. I do stuff like that all the time in NHL, fifa, and NBA. In NHL i move my player with the LS, have control on my stick with the RS and pass with RT. NBA LS movement, RS dribble, A pass. I don't think people who chose to use the precision passing will have any issue with having to use multiple buttons.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-16-2017 at 08:27 AM.
johnnyg713 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:42 AM   #19
MVP
 
OhMrHanky's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
To your first point, a QB does not roll out then stop so he can throw an accurate pass. Again he needs to avoid pressure and still try and throw it to the spot he wants it to go. There should be an accuracy penalty like people have said because THAT is what happens in real life.

As for your dexterity concern. I do stuff like that all the time in NHL, fifa, and NBA. In NHL i move my player with the LS, have control on my stick with the RS and pass with RT. NBA LS movement, RS dribble, A pass. I don't think people who chose to use the precision passing will have any issue with having to use multiple buttons.


I pretty much agree with everything you're saying here. And, I've argued for it being on the RS, as well in another thread. I think the point about dexterity is that u cant use RS AND press button A at the same time. U will have to move your thumb off RS to then press A button. Now, here, again, I still think I would rather have it be that way, and I think most gamers could aim with RS, and quickly move thumb to button press without losing much on the reticle aim. And, the loss of mobility is a bigger issue, imo, so we're in agreement there, as well, actually. But, in essence, u would lose that 'last second of reticle accuracy' when moving thumb from RS to button press.

Ultimately, it was the same with vision cone, though. Lol. Which I had no problem with and actually enjoyed. Many people didn't enjoy the cone, in general, but it was mapped to RS and then had to push a button to throw (or, yes, u could cheat and double tap a button, but I'm specifically talking about the RS implementation here). And, that allowed u to scramble while 'coning'.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OhMrHanky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:58 AM   #20
MVP
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Dec 2007
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I pretty much agree with everything you're saying here. And, I've argued for it being on the RS, as well in another thread. I think the point about dexterity is that u cant use RS AND press button A at the same time. U will have to move your thumb off RS to then press A button. Now, here, again, I still think I would rather have it be that way, and I think most gamers could aim with RS, and quickly move thumb to button press without losing much on the reticle aim. And, the loss of mobility is a bigger issue, imo, so we're in agreement there, as well, actually. But, in essence, u would lose that 'last second of reticle accuracy' when moving thumb from RS to button press.

Ultimately, it was the same with vision cone, though. Lol. Which I had no problem with and actually enjoyed. Many people didn't enjoy the cone, in general, but it was mapped to RS and then had to push a button to throw (or, yes, u could cheat and double tap a button, but I'm specifically talking about the RS implementation here). And, that allowed u to scramble while 'coning'.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not a game designer so of course there are reasons they mapped it to the LS. However as a player, I already know this will be an issue. Especially to competitive gamers. I don't see them using it because the mechanic is not an advantage. Right now, the way it's mapped, it's a disadvantage.

Couple ways you could still throw without moving your thumbs.

1. Holding LT activates the precision Icon, simply letting LT go triggers the pass.

2. RB or RT are both buttons that could be pass buttons. Just like NHL
johnnyg713 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:04 AM   #21
MVP
 
Godgers12's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2012
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atax1s
The whole point of it being mapped to the left stick is that it mimicked what happens in the NFL. Precision throws come from a clean pocket with feet set for most QBs. Throwing on the run shouldn't be as pin point. Throw in the fact that having played it, I can say that the line creates a better pocket, especially if you ID the mike, so you have time. It's purposefully designed that way and designed to have a steep learning curve. If you don't want to use it then you can still use the old precision passing. Complaining about it before you play with it is just silly.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Tell Aaron Rodgers that.

__________________
Green Bay PackersSeattle MarinersNew York Rangers
Syracuse Orange

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Godgers12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 09:52 AM   #22
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Tell Aaron Rodgers that.


Not all QBs are Aaron Rodgers. That's a false arguing point. It's to mimic the fact that most NFL QBs, even the average ones, are pretty darn accurate from a clean pocket. The problem is when a Palmer or Hoyer etc. has to throw under pressure or on the move. That's why target passing is a pocket mechanic.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Atax1s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:59 AM   #23
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2012
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
No I understand that, but an alternate way to make users stay in the pocket when using target passing is to make sure only the "outliers" can do it, by adding a massive accuracy penalty for throwing with target passing while moving UNLESS the quarterback is truly elite (and making the ball have a more random trajectory, so it can't be figured out and exploited). I mean, there is more than one way to make users stay in the pocket using target passing besides completely removing the possibility.


Listen, I'm just going off of what I played. I enjoyed the fact that it's hard. I enjoy the accuracy penalty for being on the run and not having target passing. Oh, enjoy the big accuracy penalty if you like to drop back 15 yards...

If the mechanic is too hard when you get it, get a hold of the devs on twitter or whatever.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Atax1s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:38 AM   #24
The Defenders
 
jfsolo's Arena
 
OVR: 20
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 8,834
Re: Madden NFL 18 - 10 New Things (iMAV3RIQ)

IMO, the primary purpose for this feature is to introduce a mechanic that is very, very difficult to master, probably hundreds of hours of practice, so that there is a very real skill gap created in the H2H space.

Putting it on the right stick makes it more accessible, which defeats the purpose of why it was created. Now maybe the outcry from the community ends up being so strong that they change it in the future, but for now they want it to have a super steep learning curve.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
I dont get this. Ok nothing against anyone whos buying both or whatever but when I buy a NBA game I want the most accurate and best graphical game possible and by accurate I mean all current players, arenas, equipment. Not some bum from the 80's
jfsolo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 AM.

Top -