Home

What console was madden playing on at EA play?

This is a discussion on What console was madden playing on at EA play? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2017, 02:23 PM   #9
Rookie

dk6663's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What console was madden playing on at EA play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Yea not a bad idea. 4K is finally making its way as the standard. Cable is not 4k yet. Not much 4k content out there yet in terms of movies. Just like it took HD a few years to transition. Same thing for 4k. XBOX one X will be 499 plus a solid 4k tv right now can be found for around 799 - 999. Wait a year or two save yourself a few hundred bucks when you'll NEED to upgrade...

.. but then it will probably be 8k...
Sorry, but you can get a good 4K TV starting at $399.99. And as for 4K content, there are just loads of it out there. Also the XBOX One X will upscale making current games near 4K quality
Old 06-16-2017, 02:25 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
I'm thinkng of just holding out for the Xbox one x and grabbing a 4k monitor at that time.

Thanks for the input
Make sure to get a monitor or a TV with HDR. HDR is the best part of 4K IMO. I just got a new Samsung 65" and that's what everyone notices more than the 4K.

And Madden and other games lighting looks amazing this year.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-16-2017, 03:16 PM   #11
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

When Rex and Clint are back at EA headquarters in Orlando, what console do you think they test the game on? My reasoning for asking this is that if it is a ps4 or Xbox one then the game should def look better this year overall and having the ability to have a 4K upscaling gaming console will just enhance that . If it's the other way around ,then I'm afraid that the game will take a hit if playing on the non 4K consoles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2017, 03:19 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
When Rex and Clint are back at EA headquarters in Orlando, what console do you think they test the game on? My reasoning for asking this is that if it is a ps4 or Xbox one then the game should def look better this year overall and having the ability to have a 4K upscaling gaming console will just enhance that . If it's the other way around ,then I'm afraid that the game will take a hit if playing on the non 4K consoles.
What do you mean? Won't they test it on all four consoles?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 06-16-2017, 03:41 PM   #13
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

They will def test it on all platforms, but let's say you walked into Rex's office , what system would he be tweaking and testing as in pass coverages ,blocking, Etc.

For example madden 17 was always being shown on the Xbox one system when game changers would go there. Just wondering what platform is be using as the base.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:50 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
They will def test it on all platforms, but let's say you walked into Rex's office , what system would he be tweaking and testing as in pass coverages ,blocking, Etc.

For example madden 17 was always being shown on the Xbox one system when game changers would go there. Just wondering what platform is be using as the base.
My guess would be the regular PS4 since that's the most common one. But then again, maybe for Rex he wants the absolute best and thus would have an Xbox One X.

So one of those two, can't see much reason to have it be a PS4 Pro or a regular Xbox One really..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »