Are the Dev Blogs Already Spoiled? - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Are the Dev Blogs Already Spoiled?

This is a discussion on Are the Dev Blogs Already Spoiled? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 06-18-2017, 01:09 PM   #25
Rookie

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are the Dev Blogs Already Spoiled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
You're talking about CFM improvements correct? Not the fact that the game has been improved in almost every other area with major updates...
I am mostly talking cfm yes. But as a whole, without playing the game it's impossible for me to say the game has been improved. Sure, it's been changed and legacy issues resolved but until we've had a chance to play the game and see the difference, I'll stand by my statement.

That being said, I am sure I will end up getting the game at some point.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-18-2017, 02:20 PM   #26
Rookie

Americas Team's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I want the legacy issue blog. I think Rex said 30 or 40 small legacy fixes, and that sounds fantastic (it's the main reason I'm more thumbs up than down after E3).

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
I want to thumbs up this but I cant do thumbs up on my mobile app anymore for some reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-18-2017, 02:30 PM   #27
Rookie

Americas Team's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
Rex has stated that the presentation team was focused on Longshot, but there should be significant commentary expansion.

I think from the videos we've seen, there hasn't been a huge change in presentation. It looks a lot like pregame has been played with, but graphics/banners/other in-game stuff doesn't look like it's been touched.
Speaking of presentation I really want custom playable camera angle options and a new play calling menu, those haven't been touched in years. Madden seems to have the if it aint broken don't fix it mentality, other games seem to have the continue to improve mentality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-18-2017, 03:05 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx
I am mostly talking cfm yes. But as a whole, without playing the game it's impossible for me to say the game has been improved. Sure, it's been changed and legacy issues resolved but until we've had a chance to play the game and see the difference, I'll stand by my statement.

That being said, I am sure I will end up getting the game at some point.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Operation Sports mobile app
I mean to say this game is just a roster update is overlooking:

A whole new story mode
3v3 mode
Whole new Frostbite Game engine
Precision Passing Mechanic
Coaching Adjustments (Best on Best and ID the mike, plus more)
WR/DB mechanics (overhauled interactions)
New Hit stick mechanics
Reach tackles
Interactive Sidelines
And more, not to mention the legacy issues

Will these features all work well and be perfect? Probably not, But to say you won't be missing much if you skip on madden 18 is pretty bold.

Madden 18 seems to be a pretty big jump for a yearly sports title.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-18-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:35 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 2

Johnny...I think you hit on it for me. I just do not expect these changes to be truly a step forward. Maybe they will lead to something, but I see most of these things taking a few years to get right. That is just how things have gone.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
Johnny...I think you hit on it for me. I just do not expect these changes to be truly a step forward. Maybe they will lead to something, but I see most of these things taking a few years to get right. That is just how things have gone.
I get the hesitation but wait for some hands on time with the game. What were the big improvements from 16 - 17? I didn't buy it because from what I remember the things were, special teams being worked on, new commentary team, and gap assignments plus CFM improvement (if you even want to categorize those as major improvements.) 18 is adding 6-9 legitimate updates to the game. More so than any prior madden in recent memory. All these features have me saying "Wow I think I'll buy this year."

What do you need for it to be a legitimate step forward?

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-18-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:06 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 2

Things that work, but very few of the items you listed are wow factors for me. Coaching adjustments and WR/DB interactions are all that I think will be huge leaps forward. I am not sure the move to frostbite will be this great leap. I did not feel like there was much of a difference in FIFA.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2017, 05:16 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
Things that work, but very few of the items you listed are wow factors for me. Coaching adjustments and WR/DB interactions are all that I think will be huge leaps forward. I am not sure the move to frostbite will be this great leap. I did not feel like there was much of a difference in FIFA.
Have you seen the leaked vids? Frostbite improvements are pretty evident in graphics and animations. Not to mention guys who have played the game say the feel is much improved also. I mean to each his own but almost every single aspect of football has been addressed in madden 18.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 06-18-2017 at 06:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »