Madden 18 Gameplay details Clint interview (Sports Gamers Online) - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden 18 Gameplay details Clint interview (Sports Gamers Online)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Gameplay details Clint interview (Sports Gamers Online) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football

Old 06-19-2017, 03:04 PM   #17
Wood Layer

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden 18 Gameplay details Clint interview (Sports Gamers Online)

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
We've been asking for "Simulation", now the user will have the option of being in total control of their passing. (Training wheels have been removed!!!)

Not really simulation when everything is dictated by stick skill and not by rating. There has to be a happy medium there and it doesn't sound like this edition of TP includes that medium. If you have a guy who is rated with 90 TPW but 10 short/medium/deep accuracy, then with TP a user can make him the deadliest throwing QB on the planet.....that's not sim IMO.

SOS Crew NFC Philadelphia Eagles

TMW Bengals

Old 06-19-2017, 03:20 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
I think we need to look further down the road. What happens when it is learned and is a viable mechanic to use. Picture going into a playoff game and your opponent is using a third string quarterback and he's hitting on all his TP throws.
I play against the AI, so if my stick skills become that good with the mechanism, I still have 1) the def ratings to tweak and/or 2) Sliders to manipulate my challenge aspect.

If you're talking about H2H, then again, your assumption is that it's a mechanism that's going to be easy for gamers to master, which it will not.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:42 PM   #19
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
But it sounds like Clint is saying that ratings don't have any effect in target passing which is the same as saying ratings don't work in SIM mode (at least for target passing). I obliviously have had no time with the game but a large part of being sim for me is the separation of players abilities. Especially at the QB position. I guess it'll be a wait and see just how impactful this is.
I agree, we speculated that target passing would affect ratings and based on this interview with Clint, it sure doesn't affect ratings when using target passing in CFM.

Based on that information, this isn't something that I will use vs the CPU and now hope is resting that Rex is true to his word, there will be differences ratings wise between Rodgers and Fitzpatrick in sim mode.

Last edited by roadman; 06-19-2017 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:45 PM   #20
XML Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
It's not an "auto" activated feature at the snap, it's user initiated.
When activated, it's no where near as easy as you may be thinking (there will be some complaining that it's too hard/broke/bugged etc..., I promise you)

Throwing pinpoint location off back foot, across body, with def in face and other garbage like this, is definetly over.

TP is definetly not a pick up-n-play mechanism!!!
Gamers that don't put the lab time in will take T. Brady and end up playing like J. Russell.

2nd is if not activated by the user, the old mechanic (ratings) are still in play, just not when TP is activated.

But with Coverages being tuned tighter, you're almost going to have to transition to using TP to be successful in the Passing Game with smaller "windows" to work with.

We've been asking for "Simulation", now the user will have the option of being in total control of their passing. (Training wheels have been removed!!!)

I expect the slider guru's to get a lot of request for slider help in this area. lol
For those of us that play in competitive online leagues this is a disaster. I play with many highly skilled players and if we can spend the time to practice and get this interface down it devalues QBs even more than they already are. EA just doesn't get it. I defend them a lot of the time and then they always continue to ruin things.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-19-2017, 03:49 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
For those of us that play in competitive online leagues this is a disaster. I play with many highly skilled players and if we can spend the time to practice and get this interface down it devalues QBs even more than they already are.
Great point.

I wonder if there will be an option to disable it in online CFM (if not league options, then a "gentleman's agreement" to turn it off in a player's own options).

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2017, 03:56 PM   #22
Wood Layer

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Great point.

I wonder if there will be an option to disable it in online CFM (if not league options, then a "gentleman's agreement" to turn it off in a player's own options).
Hopefully, but in a good league you can have it as a rule to not be able to use it.........unless your opponent can see that you are, then the league will only know if you use it if you are the one streaming.

SOS Crew NFC Philadelphia Eagles

TMW Bengals

Old 06-19-2017, 03:56 PM   #23
XML Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

This is actually really bad. If there is one thing I can picture target passing being extremely easy on is streaks. Every QB will now have 99 deep accuracy. Underthrows and throws out of bounds will never happen. I wish the devs still posted here. I don't think I have ever got a response on twitter.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-19-2017, 03:57 PM   #24
XML Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Hopefully, but in a good league you can have it as a rule to not be able to use it.........unless your opponent can see that you are, then the league will only know if you use it if you are the one streaming.
You won't be able to tell.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

NHL Philadelphia Flyers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »