Home

Is it worth owning a PS4 or Xbox One for two sports games?

This is a discussion on Is it worth owning a PS4 or Xbox One for two sports games? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2017, 03:34 PM   #33
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is it worth owning a PS4 or Xbox One for two sports games?

I own xbox one for all games but mainly fifa and a ps4 for The Show and Madden. Definitely worth it.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:44 PM   #34
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

I have only played sports games so I basically had a ps3 to play madden and wwe...then after I saw the updated versions of both on ps4 I took the jump and haven't looked back best choice I ever made.

Now I have started playing other games as well like battlefield, uncharted etc... So def worth it.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:46 AM   #35
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersBaby
I currently own a high end PC and love playing games on there. I also own an Xbox 360 and play Madden on that as well as MLB2k13. I update the rosters and am pretty much satisfied.

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on a PS4 but not sure if it is worth it to spend $300 total for two games, Madden and the Show, when I can just play my 360 sports games and get updates on those.

Thanks!
Yes. I'd get PS4 though since it has a few gems outside of sports (such as The Last of Us Remastered). But the newest version of XBox is the most powerful console ever made, so there's that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2017, 09:02 AM   #36
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
I currently own a high end PC and love playing games on there. I also own an Xbox 360 and play Madden on that as well as MLB2k13. I update the rosters and am pretty much satisfied.

I am thinking of pulling the trigger on a PS4 but not sure if it is worth it to spend $300 total for two games, Madden and the Show, when I can just play my 360 sports games and get updates on those.

Thanks!
Yes, it's 100% worth it.

I got a PS4 just for the Show after being an XBOX 360 owner. But if you're still on previous gen console and aren't playing the new Madden then I'd say it's doubly worth it for you.
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 06-30-2017, 08:48 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:

Thanks!
for madden and the show? sell the xbox and buy a PS4.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:27 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 1

i have a 360, i bought a xbox one for madden because of all the features that werent on the 360 version
i bought a ps3 for hc09 and ncaa14 because of the dvd region thing here in europe so xbox version was not feasible
however im over 50, no kids and my partner likes it that she can play on the 360 while im on one of mine (we bought a second tv to enable this). i would not advocate buying a new system unless the money is available and isnt needed for something important
Old 07-02-2017, 05:22 AM   #39
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I have both a 360 and a PS4. Granted, the 360 is basically only to play NCAA 14.

I mainly play madden on the PS4. The better half enjoys playing the lego batman with me sometimes. Otherwise, that's about all I use it for, and yes, it's worth it to me.

If you're happy with what you've got, stick to it. If you really want to upgrade, look at it in terms of value for entertainment. For me, its cost per hour. Will I get my value?

I have probably played over 150 hours of Madden 17 since I bought it, and that's conservative, and 100 hours of Madden 15 (got that with the PS4). Essentially, it has cost me less than $2 per hour of gaming (probably under $1, really), and the more I play, the less it costs. You can't find entertainment that cheap anywhere else, really.

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »