Home

Clint Oldenburg Answers Community Questions with Ryan Moody

This is a discussion on Clint Oldenburg Answers Community Questions with Ryan Moody within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2017, 11:55 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Clint Oldenburg Answers Community Questions with Ryan Moody

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I'd agree with that but multiple times during the interview he said how there was no timeline he could give for adding certain features. To me thats not telling us what to expect thats not really giving us anything. If anything it put doubt in my mind that things like first down line/goal line awareness would ever be added. He didn't even say they're working on it or they really want it to make it into the game or anything like that. Its better then telling us its going to be in and then not having it or giving us a terrible version of it, sure, but its definitely not something I personally would applaud them for. "It will be in the game eventually at some point" Isn't really a bold answer.

It tells me it's not in the game THIS year. And right now the only Madden game I (and the devs) care about is Madden 18 So I know what to expect.

Yes, "no timeline" could mean maybe next year or maybe 10 years from now, but it told me "not this year." So I applaud the honesty.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 06-22-2017, 12:01 PM   #10
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
It tells me it's not in the game THIS year. And right now the only Madden game I (and the devs) care about is Madden 18 So I know what to expect.

Yes, "no timeline" could mean maybe next year or maybe 10 years from now, but it told me "not this year." So I applaud the honesty.

Very fair point. I guess the thing is in the past I've heard them say things like 'we couldn't get that in this year but we really want to get it in the game next year' which provided some optimism. The answers we got this time about certain features being added to the game which a lot of people want (such as first down/ goal line awareness) were a lot more vague, which puts at least a little but of doubt in my mind about how serious they are about getting these things into the game compared to the ones where they say they are trying to get it in as soon as they can.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:20 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Very fair point. I guess the thing is in the past I've heard them say things like 'we couldn't get that in this year but we really want to get it in the game next year' which provided some optimism. The answers we got this time about certain features being added to the game which a lot of people want (such as first down/ goal line awareness) were a lot more vague, which puts at least a little but of doubt in my mind about how serious they are about getting these things into the game compared to the ones where they say they are trying to get it in as soon as they can.

I can certainly understand that...perhaps they are taking this approach, instead of "it's on our list to hopefully get in next year", so that they upset fewer people if they can't get it.

I can think of several features where they've said "this is high on our list to try for next year", and then next year rolls around and they either couldn't do it, or it was half-realized, and it led to a lot of anger and outbursts online. A lot of posters took "it's high on our list to try to do" as "it's high on our list and we WILL do", if that makes sense. So perhaps this is a new approach. Not allowing any chance for giving false hope, that way if they can get something in it's a pleasant surprise.

Just conjecture on my part, but part of marketing is definitely geared towards how you *present* your message, along with the actual message itself. I could also be wrong :P But it's how I interpret the message this year. Take the target passing...could you imagine the outrage when 18 hits EA Access and nobody knew ahead of time how it actually works? It'd be Mass Effect: Andromeda all over again.

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 12:24 PM   #12
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Best Way to be heard by Clint
-Get a video
-Get as many details as possible in a very objective manner

I am sure he is specifically refering to game play, because I don't know how to make a video of non-existent things like custom draft classes or create a jersey.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:27 PM   #13
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

I guess its safe to say that pass blocking in general is a legacy system that needs overhauled which is why we still have nano detection and binary win/loose outcomes at the line. Wonder whats taking them so long to fix it.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:07 PM   #14
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Off-setting penalties, hes not sure when they will be added to the game. says he can't give a 3 year plan. says not a high priority. wants penalties to be based on user actions not players traits.
Why can't they just make it to where when you're playing on competitive that penalties would be based on user actions and when people play on Simulation penalties would be based on player traits?
Old 06-22-2017, 01:09 PM   #15
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Why can't they just make it to where when you're playing on competitive that penalties would be based on user actions and when people play on Simulation penalties would be based on player traits?
Because Stick Skillzzzzzz

I think I have to just accept Madden for what it is going forward. They clearly aren't taking the game in a direction I would personally like, and I have no other options other than not playing a football game anymore. They got me.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 01:20 PM   #16
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

The QB play action stuff gets me. It's not the biggest deal in the world. But, it just kills me the last several years playing with Matt Ryan who is one of the best play action guys, the blitzing LBs just never bite on the RB to make the play worthwhile. And, I've tried it on 2nd and 2, 3rd and 1, 1st and 10, lol. U name it, I've tried it. I've had games where I'm runnning the whole game, got them on their heels, I call a play action and SACK!! Lol.

So, that's another one of those little things I'd like to see improvement on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »