Home

Clint Oldenburg Answers Community Questions with Ryan Moody

This is a discussion on Clint Oldenburg Answers Community Questions with Ryan Moody within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2017, 11:29 AM   #1
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Clint Oldenburg Answers Community Questions with Ryan Moody

- Player warping has not been removed, but has been made 'much better'

- They've been focused on pass coverage for a while, they think its good now. they are still working on making a bigger disparity from rookie and veteran players and how they react to things.

- Said the play action legacy system was in place before he got there. Says its not a bad system but its not one he would have used. trying to fix bugs but haven't had a chance to do a complete overhaul yet. was tuned a little in M18.

- Wind meter will be fixed 'hopefully this year'. says he will check on it before launch.

- Off-setting penalties, hes not sure when they will be added to the game. says he can't give a 3 year plan. says not a high priority. wants penalties to be based on user actions not players traits.

- M18 will still have the penalty for roughing the passer when you hit the QB below the knees.

- They want to give users the tools to make sure one play can't be overused in online play. gave example of ID the mike can help stop blitzes.

- Says at some point players and defenders will have awareness of the first down line/goal line as they continue to improve things but he doesn't know when it will be. doesn't have a timeline.

- Asked to sell Madden 18 with one sentence he said this is the 'Madden for everyone'.

- Referenced this post and said he agrees with it http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...community.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 11:38 AM   #2
Banned

Brightline's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Clint Oldenburg Answers Community Questions with Ryan Moody

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710

- They've been focused on pass coverage for a while, they think its good now. they are still working on making a bigger disparity from rookie and veteran players and how they react to things.
l[/url]
Pass coverage and QB accuracy are two sides of the same coin and need to be treated that way. So if coverage is "pretty good" on a given play but the QB can routinely throw perfect lasers then there is a still an overall problem.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:41 AM   #3
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
Pass coverage and QB accuracy are two sides of the same coin and need to be treated that way. So if coverage is "pretty good" on a given play but the QB can routinely throw perfect lasers then there is a still an overall problem.
Don't have the source on me right now but I have seen tweets that said they tuned QB accuracy and it will be much more realistic on the new Simulation setting.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:42 AM   #4
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Quote:
Don't have the source on me right now but I have seen tweets that said they tuned QB accuracy and it will be much more realistic on the new Simulation setting.

This is something I think we need to see in action given that this was an advertised feature int he past.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:43 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline

How many perfect lasers have you thrown on Madden 18? I myself haven't played it yet.

I appreciate the honesty here, personally. There was a time when things would have been overpromised & under-delivered. This team at least tells us up front what to expect, I applaud them for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 11:47 AM   #6
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

- Off-setting penalties, hes not sure when they will be added to the game. says he can't give a 3 year plan. says not a high priority. wants penalties to be based on user actions not players traits.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-22-2017, 11:50 AM   #7
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
This team at least tells us up front what to expect, I applaud them for that.
I'd agree with that but multiple times during the interview he said how there was no timeline he could give for adding certain features. To me thats not telling us what to expect thats not really giving us anything. If anything it put doubt in my mind that things like first down line/goal line awareness would ever be added. He didn't say they're working on it or they really want it to make it into the game or anything like that. Its better then telling us its going to be in and then not having it or giving us a terrible version of it, sure, but its definitely not something I personally would applaud them for. "It will be in the game eventually at some point" Isn't really a bold answer.

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 06-22-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:54 AM   #8
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
How many perfect lasers have you thrown on Madden 18? I myself haven't played it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Your point is that since i didn't play Madden 18....? Re-read my post; coverage and accuracy go hand in hand so IF accuracy is an issue then passing/coverage is a problem regardless of fixes to coverages

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »