Home

Features Across EA- Madden, NBA, NHL

This is a discussion on Features Across EA- Madden, NBA, NHL within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2017, 02:37 PM   #1
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Features Across EA- Madden, NBA, NHL

I have heard a few times in numerous interviews how they pulled John White from Madden to help with NBA Lives' struggling franchise mode. They then went on to say the reason they did it was so that way if a new feature comes out to Madden or NBA, it could be put into the other game as well.

That move has left a lot of CFM players desiring a lot more. However yesterday, EA's NHL 18 released its' features yesterday, including a few features that have made several appearances on wish lists. So with that being said... Could NHL be apart of this feature sharing that Rex and Clint have been talking about?

For NHL's features- http://www.operationsports.com/nhl-1...xpansion-much/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 02:43 PM   #2
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Features Across EA- Madden, NBA, NHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I have heard a few times in numerous interviews how they pulled John White from Madden to help with NBA Lives' struggling franchise mode. They then went on to say the reason they did it was so that way if a new feature comes out to Madden or NBA, it could be put into the other game as well.

That move has left a lot of CFM players desiring a lot more. However yesterday, EA's NHL 18 released its' features yesterday, including a few features that have made several appearances on wish lists. So with that being said... Could NHL be apart of this feature sharing that Rex and Clint have been talking about?

For NHL's features- http://www.operationsports.com/nhl-1...xpansion-much/
Maybe but keep in mind NHL is developed in a different location. Live and Madden are developed in Orlando. NHL is developed in Vancouver. Not saying that teams cant work together in different locations but its much easier if you are in the same studio.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:46 PM   #3
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

Sounds nice on paper but if you screw up once, you've probably screwed up 3 times.

This could be a fantastic move or it could just be another 'limitations' excuse to use down the line. I guess we'll see pretty soon.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:47 PM   #4
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Maybe but keep in mind NHL is developed in a different location. Live and Madden are developed in Orlando. NHL is developed in Vancouver. Not saying that teams cant work together in different locations but its much easier if you are in the same studio.
I was unaware of that.

I should have clarified that the only time I ever played an NHL game was on a PC in about 2003. So I have no concept of how NHL works. I just know it is an EA game.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:57 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I was unaware of that.

I should have clarified that the only time I ever played an NHL game was on a PC in about 2003. So I have no concept of how NHL works. I just know it is an EA game.
Its not rare for people from one team to work on another game. For example, some members of the UFC team worked on NHL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2017, 03:04 PM   #6
Rookie

JJones07's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Does it also have to do with different engines? For example a feature on the ignite engine can't or may be harder to accomplish on frostbite? If next year, or whenever NHL or NBA move to frostbite will it lose the features that are currently in its game? Will they be harder to translate or move to frostbite?

When I'm not playing video games
Old 06-22-2017, 03:21 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
Sounds nice on paper but if you screw up once, you've probably screwed up 3 times.

This could be a fantastic move or it could just be another 'limitations' excuse to use down the line. I guess we'll see pretty soon.

This was my thought exactly.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:26 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJones07
Does it also have to do with different engines? For example a feature on the ignite engine can't or may be harder to accomplish on frostbite? If next year, or whenever NHL or NBA move to frostbite will it lose the features that are currently in its game? Will they be harder to translate or move to frostbite?
It depends on what they are working on. If they are just trying to structure their franchise modes so that they have similar user interfaces and features, I dont think being on different graphics engines matters. If they are using similar graphics and animation engines, than I think it does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »