Home

IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq

This is a discussion on IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2017, 04:38 PM   #1
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaTOAKG_uWQ

Just come out and says the blocking hasnt been fixed, your FB still runs 20 yards up the field and ignores all the time.

Also states those warping WR/DB animations are still in the game.

Answers a bunch of questions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 04:40 PM   #2
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: IS MADDEN 18 WORTH BUYING? - Madden 18 Q&A with iMav3riq

Interesting.....didn't see this happen in any of the E3 gameplay vids. If this junk is still in the game, I'll be cancelling my pre-order and rolling with '17 for another year.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:22 PM   #3
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Lol. That's tough, man. 'If you're a diehard offline CFM fan, u might skip this year.' Lol. A lot of us have been saying that already based on the info that's come out. I'm still buying cause I always want to see the new gameplay, so that doesn't sway me. But, it's interesting and kind of funny to hear him say that. In fact, he says that's like the ONLY group of madden players that might want to skip this year. Lol.

I have to say, I'm a little disheartened with the run blocking info. That is truly one of the most depressing features in the game when u have a hole set up, your FB is leading the way, and completely ignores the man right in front of him. And, a 70 yard TD turns into a 2 yard gain or something. Lol.

And, that has me wondering about the legacy issues that are claimed to be fixed. That, right there, the ignorance of the FB, I'd call it, that, for me, is an important legacy issue I wanted to see addressed. I'm starting to worry that legacy issues are more like, 'there was a small amount of clipping in the graphics when a tackler hit the running back out of bounds. It was hardly noticeable, but it's been there for awhile and we cleaned it up, now.' Lol. U know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
MVP

Without any considerable gameplay footage, there just isn't enough information out there for any of us to make a truly informed decision. Very surprising since I would have thought that they would have wanted to show off the visual improvements of the Frostbite engine?

Being only an offline CFM player, I'm more than happy to play M17 with updated rosters for another year if need be. MUT players will probably buy due to the upgrades made to that feature if gameplay videos released are up to par.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:41 PM   #5
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

It's a videogame. I have firm grip on reality these days...i'll buy it cuz i like playing videogame football every so often.

#Former2KFanboy #AllGrownUpNow #HobbiesAreGood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by K_GUN; 06-23-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 05:41 PM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

He has a overall positive vibe about Madden 18.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:06 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I have no idea if I'm buying. I'm sure I'd have a good time playing it if I buy it, but as a strictly offline CFM player the fact that CFM got so little attention makes me want to keep my money and skip a year
Old 06-23-2017, 07:14 PM   #8
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaTOAKG_uWQ

Just come out and says the blocking hasnt been fixed, your FB still runs 20 yards up the field and ignores all the time.
See this kinda irritates me. He didn't say FB ignores defenders all the time, he said it happens sometimes. Not sure how you got "all the time".

He also didn't say who the FB was, what his blocking was, and who the defender was that he was trying to block.

There are alot of people that:

- See a FB (no matter who it is) and automatically he's supposed to block Von Miller.
- See a FB (don't check his AWR or BLK rating) and wonder why he wiffs defenders

I mean if we see Juszczyk, Tolbert or Felton whiffing alot, then there's a problem.

Just saying.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 06-23-2017 at 07:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »