Home

Rex Dickson talks Madden 18, Legacy Fixes, Madden for PC, and much more.

This is a discussion on Rex Dickson talks Madden 18, Legacy Fixes, Madden for PC, and much more. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2017, 11:08 AM   #89
Banned

Brightline's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rex Dickson talks Madden 18, Legacy Fixes, Madden for PC, and much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
The single license was a NFL driven decision. They only wanted to manage a single developer (because the NFL wants to have it's hands in everything), so they sold it off to EA. I always found it funny EA takes the brunt of the force, but it is in fact the NFL who created the monopoly.

If the NFL woke up tomorrow and said no more single license, EA isn't going to stop making a game.
Correct all around. NFL not EA at fault here.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:19 AM   #90
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
The single license was a NFL driven decision. They only wanted to manage a single developer (because the NFL wants to have it's hands in everything), so they sold it off to EA. I always found it funny EA takes the brunt of the force, but it is in fact the NFL who created the monopoly.

If the NFL woke up tomorrow and said no more single license, EA isn't going to stop making a game.
There is plenty of misinformation in this post so I'll just post this link in response. http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...&postcount=159

That's just my little synopsis of the issue and there is also a Pecover vs EA court document that can be looked up to better understand the matter.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:29 AM   #91
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
There is plenty of misinformation in this post so I'll just post this link in response. http://forums.operationsports.com/fo...&postcount=159

That's just my little synopsis of the issue and there is also a Pecover vs EA court document that can be looked up to better understand the matter.
Big, there were even emails posted on OS from EA officials proving EA was asking for an exclusive license.

Both the NFL and EA are responsible. We all should blame both, not just one or the other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2017, 11:32 AM   #92
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
I wrestle with the 'logic' even.

EA wouldn't *dream* of not releasing Mass Effect for PC. Or Battlefront. Battlefield. The Sims series....

I understand the sales differences. Console probably out-sells 8:1. But you can't tell me Madden PC wouldn't sell. There's no way they'd take a loss on Madden if they're not losing on the other titles.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

It would sell. The question is how much of the sales would just be people buying it for pc instead of console, versus, how much woukd be additional sales? They figure they would be taking sales from themselves so are unwilling to spend the money to do it.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:39 AM   #93
MVP

Quote:

Even if it was a total nfl decision it doesn't mean that ea does not now operate as a monopoly and makes its business decisions based on that.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:53 AM   #94
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal

My explanation may have been off based on context of what I was told. I assume now what I was told from someone in the industry (not EA) was more based around the renewal and current deal over the initial proposal. What I was told is the single license as it is today is driven by the NFL because they like only managing a single developer. Now how it came about appears to have been driven by EA, but the NFL today very much likes only having to deal with one game developer who they can tell not to put concussions in the game and such.

Last edited by T4VERTS; 06-27-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:23 PM   #95
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Rex Dickson talks Madden 18, Legacy Fixes, Madden for PC, and much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
It would sell. The question is how much of the sales would just be people buying it for pc instead of console, versus, how much woukd be additional sales? They figure they would be taking sales from themselves so are unwilling to spend the money to do it.

A sale is a sale.

I'd pay MORE for a PC version, that's the consensus of the PC community based on what I've read the last few years.

And it's a superior platform in comparison to the consoles.

There are very good reasons to port the game over. As it has been said, they don't have to based on their circumstances.

Loyal consumers are the losers here.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 06-27-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2017, 12:33 PM   #96
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Seriously folks, after a decade or more, does it really matter which came first the chicken or the egg debate?

All of us know that OS doesn't appreciate going down that same beaten path year after year for more than a decade.

Try to keep the talk on point and on topic moving forward from this post.

Thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »