Home

Target passing

This is a discussion on Target passing within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2017, 04:57 PM   #1
Pro

tgiordano's Arena

OVR: 5
Target passing

Can someone describe how the passing works, do u use the right analog at all . Is it unlocked like the target like in fever ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2017, 07:18 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Target passing

in this video Rex explains it at 4:40

https://youtu.be/9Bp6gp8sERA?t=4m41s

Old 06-25-2017, 05:27 AM   #3
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

No one has explicitly stated it yet as far as I can tell, but how do you switch receivers POST snap? Do you just drag the icon until it gets closer to a different WR?
Old 06-25-2017, 10:45 AM   #4
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
No one has explicitly stated it yet as far as I can tell, but how do you switch receivers POST snap? Do you just drag the icon until it gets closer to a different WR?

I think Rex mentioned this in some other video, actually. I think u just continue to hold down LT and then u press the button of the specific WR u now want to target. U get a new reticle on that WR, and then u move it, and press that WR button again to throw it.

It sounds too complicated, honestly. Lol. But, as they've said, this is not for everyone. If you're able to throw to your primary, it shouldn't be a problem. But, even switching to one other WR, and then aiming again just takes time. Knowing that, I wonder if it's setup to allow for quickly switching to the next WR and immediately throwing it. Like, will the reticle instantly be on a spot that continues to lead WR based on his route? Or, does the reticle instantly spot the WR body and it u throw right away to that spot.

Like, in the case of a fly route. Let's say your primary is a cross. U press L2, and then see your X WR open on the fly. U press LT + X. Does the new reticle pop up leading the WR 10-20 yards downfield? Or, does it pop up right on the WR and u have to move it upfield 10-20 yards? Because, that will also take extra time.

And, then that leads me to wonder, if that's the case, maybe u would NEVER target pass a fly route, u know? Maybe, that just becomes the mindset. If u start target passing, u see a fly route open X WR, so u let go of L2, and simply bomb it with X lob or something.

Yeah, I can't help but speculate on these things, lol. I'm bored and looking forward to 18 to check this out. And, for me, ultimately, if it ends up being something I only use on short and medium routes, that's cool, too. It will change up the overall dynamic of passing that's been in madden for 20 years. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2017, 02:04 PM   #5
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

I wish this mechanic related to ratings. As of now it's a way to void any accuracy ratings on a sim setting.

I think the reticle should be faster or more accurately with a great QB, and slower or kind of shaky for a bad QB where the spot isn't precise, but in the General area.

I also wonder if there's a way to do a high/low throw with this mechanic. Also, back shoulders would be nice to see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2017, 02:13 PM   #6
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
I wish this mechanic related to ratings. As of now it's a way to void any accuracy ratings on a sim setting.

I think the reticle should be faster or more accurately with a great QB, and slower or kind of shaky for a bad QB where the spot isn't precise, but in the General area.

I also wonder if there's a way to do a high/low throw with this mechanic. Also, back shoulders would be nice to see.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure u can throw low/high, because u r now throwing to a spot. Let's say you're throwing a simple hook over the middle to the TE. I think u basically aim the target 5-10 yards upfield directly over the TE. Then, the velocity of the pass should determine the overall trajectory. That will be something to learn as well, I'm sure. I think, in general, u will often be looking to throw 'over their head' or u will aim the target a few yards downfield so the trajectory is high.

And, obviously, the opposite for low. Same example, u would throw at the player's feet. For high, I'm thinking u gotta overthrow by 5 yards if u bullet pass, but for low, you're probably basically throwing right at the feet of the WR.

And, yeah, if they do the animation correctly (which is always suspect in madden, imo, lol), throwing a true back shoulder fade would be pretty cool, actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-25-2017, 04:02 PM   #7
Pro

tgiordano's Arena

OVR: 5

They should make it unlock and move it to receiver u want. Have the icon in the middle and then on the snap u move it to a spot. Pressing the receiver button twice while moving the icon and then hitting lb button and directing it high or low seems extremely to impossible to get a throw off. I want to be challenged not frustrated.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:36 PM   #8
MVP

prey2god's Arena

It sounds like a gimmick catered for online players. Players will hardly use it in Franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »