Home

New Madden 18 gameplay video

This is a discussion on New Madden 18 gameplay video within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #201
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: New Madden 18 gameplay video

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
Ha...its interesting....this thread is loaded with post bashing EA/Rex....calling them clowns...a disgrace....guys contemplating canceling their pre-order based on lack of videos.....i call those posts out as *entitled*...but im the troll here......outstanding, way to turn it around
Yea I've bit my tongue many of times and not responded to the bashing EA/Rex that goes on here cause I figure the mods will handle it. They're usually pretty good about it.

There's so much negativity in this forum that it sickens my stomach. It's one thing to be passionate about a CFM mode in Madden and how much you want EA to improve the mode, but it's entirely different to go off the deep end and bash the company and it's development team.

I mean even last night in Sim's youtube stream, it was said that someone even threatened a dev's family cause of no gameplay videos. I don't know if it was directed at Rex or someone else, but still ..that is ridiculous. People take it way too far and act like little kids.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 07-21-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2017, 10:22 AM   #202
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Yea I've bit my tongue many of times and not responded to the bashing EA/Rex that goes on here cause I figure the mods will handle it. They're usually pretty good about it.

There's so much negativity in this forum that it sickens my stomach. It's one thing to be passionate about a CFM mode in Madden and how much you want EA to improve the mode, but it's entirely different to go off the deep end and bash the company and it's development team.

I mean even last night in Sim's youtube stream, it was said that someone even threatened a dev's family cause of no gameplay videos. I don't know if it was directed at Rex or someone else, but still ..that is ridiculous. People take it way too far and act like little kids.

Careful.....you're sounding like a troll in here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2017, 10:36 AM   #203
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I don't care about the videos, either.

My overall point was that it's the nature of the working at large companies that you need to document every piece of info in triplicates before it goes public, especially if there might be changes to be made.

Rex even mentioned in one of his tweets that it needs to go through a string of approvals.

It's similar to your cable/internet going out. I can never get a specific date or time from cable companies on when they will fix the issue. I can try chat, running up the ladder in management on the phone, facebook, twitter, the standard answer is, they are working on the problem, and no, I'm sorry, I don't know when the issue will be resolved. Always the standard tag line which is corporate policy.

The world is not ending, this morning the sun still rose in the east for me. I'm sure that is where that comment was coming from.

Rex made a error by listing a timeframe, if something pops today, if, that error shouldn't mean a darn thing because he did say on Tuesday, it will be here later in the week. People remember and hang onto dates vs any other information delivered.
I get your point Roadman, but I think you missed mine. You're absolutely right, but when it happens expect that people will be disappointed. I haven't posted anything negative about EA, I don't care if they never put out videos, I liked 17 and I'm going to get 18. Unfortunately I let the troll post get to me and I bit, I should have let it go. Just look at his latest post, once again not constructive and looking for more attention. Like a 3 year old who isn't getting enough attention from mommy and daddy.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:52 AM   #204
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I remember footage coming a day or two late in the Ian days. Once the footage came out, all was forgotten about.

Overall point, people in business makes mistakes, find me a person in business that doesn't make a mistake or an error.

The only difference being Rex has the www for an audience vs internal employees/customers.

I don't think people understand that part of business, at least it appears that way.

Also, there is no need to pull out the us vs them mentality publicly, that stuff show flow to management privately.
And you are entitled to that POV, just like others are to see it differently. By your own admission all this becomes moot once footage is released, no big deal that people express their POVs about it in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
Ha...its interesting....this thread is loaded with post bashing EA/Rex....calling them clowns...a disgrace....guys contemplating canceling their pre-order based on lack of videos.....i call those posts out as *entitled*...but im the troll here......outstanding, way to turn it around

Just scroll through this thread & read some of the comments......embarrassing......... you guys didn't have to pay one dime for these blogs or these gameplay videos EA doesn't owe you anything they're working their arse off trying to make deadline and they put out a guesstimate for the blogs --they missed it by one hour maybe one day & some of you guys flip out . get real

What I see as entitlement is when posters seem to expect or want to only see posts they agree with or feel have merit. There are a host of POVs that get espoused around here I have strong differing opinions and thoughts about but I'm mature enough to understand that's how discussion works. The entitlement comment was trolling, imo, because it didn't elaborate on any reasoning, it came across as if that's all that needed to be said and it was obvious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04

Man I hope your not being serious, even if there is some large amount of negativity specifically in this forum, why that would make a gamer sick to their stomach is beyond me. In general there is a large amount of all manner of things truly disturbing posted on the internet that would make me sick to my stomach that I don't read or engage in. So when talking about a video game and video game forum, Cmon man. I don't get what difference negative, positive or whatever makes anyway, the game is what it is, if you enjoy Madden, you'll enjoy Madden, what anyone posts about it, one way or the other shouldn't matter.

I wish I could enjoy Madden, I certainly wouldn't care less what others posted about it, I'd likely be too busy playing it to notice or post about it as much.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:59 AM   #205
Pro

OVR: 1

There's been several posts in other threads where positive impressions of Madden 17 have been met with "you're kidding", "I don't see how you can say that", and "what?!?". One poster said that, in his opinion, M17 was the best sports game he played out of all '17 sports titles. Multiple posts were then directed towards him and he was basically just wrong for the opinion.

Attacks go both ways here, so I don't understand the victim card of "oh he was trolling he shouldn't do that." Go into a Longshot thread & marvel at the negative trolling there instead of discussing the mode.

There are no victims here, though some would say otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2017, 11:01 AM   #206
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhudey
I get your point Roadman, but I think you missed mine. You're absolutely right, but when it happens expect that people will be disappointed. I haven't posted anything negative about EA, I don't care if they never put out videos, I liked 17 and I'm going to get 18. Unfortunately I let the troll post get to me and I bit, I should have let it go. Just look at his latest post, once again not constructive and looking for more attention. Like a 3 year old who isn't getting enough attention from mommy and daddy.

You keep attacking me....why?

Old 07-21-2017, 11:14 AM   #207
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Enough with this back and forth, man. Discuss the video (without "trolling" or "bashing" etc) in the thread or don't post.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »