Home

Sim or competitive mode?

This is a discussion on Sim or competitive mode? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2017, 12:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sim or competitive mode?

Which will you guys play? I assume most on this site are sim. Not sure where I fall. I like a more realistic game where players are not limited to a handful of cheeze plays cuz they are the most efficient. On the other hand when playing for bragging rights against buddies it is disheartening as hell when u get those games where you call the right coverage multiple times but ur teams drops it because of the "randomness" of sim. Another example, Im not sure if Im right, I played a buddy who had 2 99 speed reciever. The only way I could defend it was to call man defense every play not in the red zone or else he could beat me deep on either side. I think the computer punished me for calling the same play over and over. My players dropped pics and his recievers were making most catches against double and triple teams. That **** is bunk.
Long story short. I think I would like to play Madden 18 on competitive mode w agreed upon sim rules. What do yall think?

Sent from my SM-A710K using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2017, 01:38 AM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Re: Sim or competitive mode?

I will be trying Sim first; I hope that the tendency of the CPU defenders to hit stick is toned down, for one. Seems the main way for the game to get QB completion percentages in line with the NFL is to have a lot of knock outs from big hits every other play.

I just recently went back to playing CFM because MUT is just not worth it at this time, especially since I changed from Xbone to PS4 and thus lost all my progress about 3 months ago. Certain issues in CFM bother me, and it is generally associated with the randomness; penalties for example, seem almost too coincidental to be random - seems a lot of times when I make a big offensive play, there will be a penalty; holding especially. The bad throws seem to almost always happen when throwing to a receiver who is almost embarrassingly open.

It is these little tendencies within the randomness that may push me to play on Comp. mode. And I prefer not to mess with sliders any more; did that for the last 10 years or so, and just tired of it.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:40 AM   #3
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

I will play nothing but sim mode, regardless of head to head or against the computer. Football (or any sport) is as much about the "crazy" plays as anything else.
Old 07-21-2017, 04:00 AM   #4
Pro

Interesting question. I'm assuming you can play either in CFM? If that's the case, I'll probably create two CFM's (1 sim; 1 competitive) and see which one I like more. They both have their plus/minus.

Not to hijack Sonofthedudes post, but I'm curious, with the separation of modes, do sliders still exist?
Old 07-21-2017, 04:40 AM   #5
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Really hope head 2 head ranked allows for a sim search option. I don't care if it's buried deep in the menus just give us the option. I shouldn't have to go through the hassle of starting/organizing a CFM or play the CPU just to play the game the way it's intended to be played.

Omitting penalties is omitting a huge aspect of football (remember how bad poor refs affected the game during the lock out).

I'll be very upset if we're not given that option. If we are I'll be jumping for joy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2017, 06:54 AM   #6
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

This is a hard question since we haven't even tried the game yet.

But if sim is what sim should be it will be the ONLY thing I use. I strictly play offline franchise and want to "feel" the ratings of the players. If my 3rd string QB is in I shouldn't be able to do the same as I can with my 1st stringer.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-21-2017, 07:04 AM   #7
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Being a coach mode player, sim is the obvious choice for me. Sim with the indepth scouting tool.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:07 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Most likely competitive mode since I play mut and online only. I like sim play but not when I'm playing for 100k.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »