Home

Madden 18: Target Passing Blog

This is a discussion on Madden 18: Target Passing Blog within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2017, 10:20 AM   #73
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden 18: Target Passing Blog

One thing about this target passing is it leaves you completely immobile so it's best know where u want to go..so in theory no ratings tied is offset by not being able to move around .if your playing a better defense you may not have many chances to get off the ball.. scrambling then settling into a target pass seems it would be hard to do without QB getting rocked.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2017, 10:38 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

does the new target passing have a distance limit according to the strength of the QB throwing?

it looks like you're supposed to move the cursor to the spot you want to throw it, so does that mean it just won't let you move it past where the qb is able to throw?
Old 07-23-2017, 10:48 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ok, I had no choice but to find some of these responses amusing. Let me preface the following comment by saying I was actually excited for this new "Target Passing" mechanic, EVEN after discovering that the CPU would not be utilizing it, which I have to assume will effectively mean their tendencies will remain exactly the same as 17'..

However, reading that ratings will NOT matter whatsoever from the passing mechanic is very disappointing. What's more disappointing though is that some of you say that it's completely fine and it's a good trade since utilizing this mechanic limits your pocket mobility...seriously?? That sounds like yet another cop out. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though so I digress. I really hope that if not this year (as much of a letdown as that would be) than next year they will make ratings matter because if they don't, then it really will be a "highly touted, big change" that us simulation/offline CFM guys will likely never use. And shouldn't such a "Big" addition be something each section of supporters can enjoy? After all, they DID add the much needed gameplay styles so..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2017, 10:48 AM   #76
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

OVR: 3

This feature is stupid if the CPU does not use it. It still does not solve the defensive anticipation problem on defense. What is the point of having a ball hawking safety if he can't see where the QB is looking. What is the point of changing anything if I can't use this to look off defenders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2017, 10:56 AM   #77
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjoneshbk
Ok, I had no choice but to find some of these responses amusing. Let me preface the following comment by saying I was actually excited for this new "Target Passing" mechanic, EVEN after discovering that the CPU would not be utilizing it, which I have to assume will effectively mean their tendencies will remain exactly the same as 17'..

However, reading that ratings will NOT matter whatsoever from the passing mechanic is very disappointing. What's more disappointing though is that some of you say that it's completely fine and it's a good trade since utilizing this mechanic limits your pocket mobility...seriously?? That sounds like yet another cop out. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though so I digress. I really hope that if not this year (as much of a letdown as that would be) than next year they will make ratings matter because if they don't, then it really will be a "highly touted, big change" that us simulation/offline CFM guys will likely never use. And shouldn't such a "Big" addition be something each section of supporters can enjoy? After all, they DID add the much needed gameplay styles so..
I would love for ratings to matter,but it doesn't but limiting mobility does help reduce cheese factor..if you could target pass and on the move would be silly to me..so for now it's good offset for me..based on what I've read so far this isn't a mechanic that will easily be picked up so even without tying to ratings it's still hard to pull based on movement of target to the right spot.. honestly until the game is in hand I'm not sure of the effectiveness during H2H scenario.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2017, 11:23 AM   #78
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

No ratings tied to it at all? This a feature designed for competitive mode. I see online guys labbing it to death, finding a money route that they throw to over and over again. They'll also be able to pick a team like Minnesota with a great defense and destroy people because Sam Bradford will become a hall of famer.

The news that ratings won't affect this is worse than the news the wr/db mechanics were designed for MUT squads. At least those mechanics are supposed to be used by the ai on some level.
Old 07-23-2017, 11:37 AM   #79
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

I like the sound of these mechanics, but can the visual aspect of it be turned off similar to turning off PCI on The Show?

With some practice, I think I'd prefer a cleaner screen.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2017, 11:40 AM   #80
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
I like the sound of these mechanics, but can the visual aspect of it be turned off similar to turning off PCI on The Show?

With some practice, I think I'd prefer a cleaner screen.

Actually, after reading that the AI does not use it and that the mechanic does not take into account ratings, I'll be keeping this feature OFF and hoping it gets enhanced next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »