Home

A couple of things EA should consider in future

This is a discussion on A couple of things EA should consider in future within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2017, 02:56 AM   #1
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8
A couple of things EA should consider in future

Now before I begin I like Deuce's ideas for franchise in Madden.

Madden needs more customization in a couple areas.

The first is in franchise gives us customizable divisions. Example have you wondered what might have been Pittsburgh and Cleveland still in NFC? Well this would let you set that up.

The second one is weather, this one takes a little more explanation. Give us a slider system for weather set up. Now as base is the lighting, set lighting up based on time of year. Example the football calendar is late July until first weekend in February. Next item is for type of day/night, clear, light clouds, medium clouds, heavy clouds, and overcast. Medium and heavy clouds determine how often and how much the field and stadium gets shaded with cloud cover.

Here is where the sliders come in. One slider is for temperature full left is coldest setting full right is hottest.

Next slider gives you fog conditions light fog to extreme (make it interesting)

Last slider is for moisture anything from mist to drizzle, to light/downpour. Now the temperature slider in combination with this slider will determine whether it rain, sleet rain snow mix or plain snow.

Lastly in franchise before starting a game you could have a few options computers generates the original, if you do not like hit a regenerate button or overnight using slider.

Let me know what you think.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom

Last edited by poulka; 07-22-2017 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Mispelled
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2017, 09:48 AM   #2
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

Re: A couple of things EA should consider in future

I probably wouldn't the weather but more options is better, so sure why not

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2017, 08:32 PM   #3
Pro

poulka's Arena

Re: A couple of things EA should consider in future

This weather system idea comes from a cross between madden 02 which had the weather sliders of temperature and moisture. It gave fog as well. Made for some good looking games. The lighting based off time of year comes from project cars 2.

Now I know some have said weather not important to them and to each their own. But to me after seeing the weather combinations I created project cars 2 got me curious as to how madden would look. Now call me crazy when we look at football on t.v. do all games look the same no. But in madden after you play the weather types they start to repeat. Completely not the case in real world football. This also The to say the current is not good, in fact it is rather good considering what it was a few maddens ago. The changes put into gameplay this year along with weather tool could put madden in a unique category among all sports games.

Now this weather will not be a gimmick tool, just like in racing in will impact game play if implemented correctly. What that means is being adjust play calling based on weather. Maybe add another ratings category to players as well. We have seen some players that are fair weather players ex. Desean Jackson. This would bring more strategy and player type management to franchise. I have seen many maddens over the years since madden 94. A madden that would have this among other thing people in OS community have wanted would be a dream madden to me. Literally dream about this a couple years ago in a game, woke up excited only to realize it was a dream.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »