Home

Shots Fired by 2k at "other sports games"

This is a discussion on Shots Fired by 2k at "other sports games" within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2017, 09:34 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Shots Fired by 2k at "other sports games"

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Also , i find it kinda funny some choose to instead just point out the server issues 2k has that madden " dont" have .
Since it's indirectly directed at me I'll answer. I was unable to play 2k online for over a month because I required an update that I could not get because their game wouldn't connect to the update server. It was a common error that there was no guaranteed way to fix. Magically one day after trying for over a month it worked again and I could get back online. That is what I was, and will continue to be, harping on as far as their servers/environment, not the disconnects as you mention.

2k does have a much better mode in MyGM, but why can't we play that same mode online with 29 other guys? If I could play a multi season MyGM mode online with 29 other guys I'd be over the moon.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:38 AM   #34
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Since it's indirectly directed at me I'll answer. I was unable to play 2k online for over a month because I required an update that I could not get because their game wouldn't connect to the update server. It was a common error that there was no guaranteed way to fix. Magically one day after trying for over a month it worked again and I could get back online. That is what I was, and will continue to be, harping on as far as their servers/environment, not the disconnects as you mention.

2k does have a much better mode in MyGM, but why can't we play that same mode online with 29 other guys? If I could play a multi season MyGM mode online with 29 other guys I'd be over the moon.
actually, you would be wrong not directed at any 1 person, ive heard numerous others mention 2k server issues as well. My point was, this statement made was about them getting support ( funds) to be able to create such depth for franchise. Yes more so for offline mode, does madden have it offline or online even close to this? Nope, thats just facts.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

Last edited by howboutdat; 07-28-2017 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:41 AM   #35
MVP

Quote:
actually, you would be wrong, ive heard numerous others mention 2k server issues as well. My point was, this statement made was about them getting support ( funds) to be able to create such depth for franchise. Yes more so for offline mode, does madden have it offline or online even close to this? Nope, thats just facts.
Alrighty then.

Last edited by T4VERTS; 07-28-2017 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Getting side tracked
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 09:50 AM   #36
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Did someone else in this thread mention the servers? I didn't see it until I mentioned it.Seems kind of random for you to only mention that after I posted. Weird, but anyways.

My point was, 2k had the upper-hand to fire shots at EA and CFM but EA can just as easily fire back at 2k over the server issues. I am all for a good feud.

It was more of a question though in reference to MyGM. Why can't they deliver that online? Seems kind of strange.
Its called twitter, there are other places other than OS.

While i agree on the issue with 2k servers, to me if EA goes that route to point that out,it will only seem more like they are trying to deflect the shade just thrown at them. At least Rex owned it, ill give him credit for that. Much better than trying to deflect to " change the subject" , like my 5 year old does when i point out something she has done wrong.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 07-28-2017, 09:52 AM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Its called twitter, there are other places other than OS.

While i agree on the issue with 2k servers, to me if EA goes that route to point that out,it will only seem more like they are trying to deflect the shade just thrown at them. At least Rex owned it, ill give him credit for that. Much better than trying to deflect to " change the subject" , like my 5 year old does when i point out something she has done wrong.
Well it's not so much a deflection as a round about way towards the server issues impact on a full franchise experience, but as you can see I edited my last post we are going to end up down a path that goes off the rails
Old 07-28-2017, 09:56 AM   #38
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Yes it was fair.

I wish this was a spark, but EA isn't blind to what 2K does. They willingly, or are told to, ignore it.

One word.........

Wrong.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 07-28-2017, 10:00 AM   #39
Banned

Brightline's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
One word.........

Wrong.
Wrong as to which part of his comment?
Old 07-28-2017, 10:01 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
Wrong as to which part of his comment?
Well based on Rex tweeting that shots were fired they have acknowledged the shot was taken, and they aren't ignoring it, at least publicly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »