Home

Madden NFL 18 Blog: Coaching Adjustments

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Blog: Coaching Adjustments within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2017, 01:44 PM   #9
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 18 Blog: Coaching Adjustments

Yoooo... mind blown! They got the AI to use this too???

I've been waiting for this feature to make it's way into Madden for a while... like before my beard started going grey. The NCAA game that first had it was some of the most fun video game football I have ever played.

Couple of things, though... will the playclock stop for you while you're making your adjustments? I would assume/hope so and the screenshot doesn't show the clock ticking but I think that's something to watch.

Also, in the NCAA version, I remember a developer giving out a tip that if you set the Option to conservative to focus on the QB then it had the benefit of the defenders playing their zone coverage better. That was before the new pattern match logic and all but I wonder if that will still hold true.

And I LOVE that the AGGRESSIVE Pass Rush is going to impact fatigue. Great addition. I always prided myself on building a deep defensive line. Looks likes this year it will matter more than ever.

Looks like I got a month to get caught up on my work, because if this is legit, I don't expect to be too productive come late August.
Old 07-28-2017, 02:23 PM   #10
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I like that the cpu AI will use coaching adjustments. One thing I didn't like is that it if it had an impact on a play a banner will drop down and tell you. Hopefully we are able to turn the notification off.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:05 PM   #11
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
It would be nice if you could set these before the game starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it is purposely done within the game and where you can easily change it in the playcalling UI because the situation changes throughout the game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 03:22 PM   #12
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

Love it! This is all I wanted since NCAA was taken away.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-28-2017, 03:30 PM   #13
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

How will this factor into competitive sliders? I'm really not digging this if there's no risk of penalties in ranked games. Also I hope there's a limit of not allowing conservative tackling while strip ball aggressive is enabled (this was a big problem in NCAA).
Old 07-28-2017, 04:20 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
How will this factor into competitive sliders? I'm really not digging this if there's no risk of penalties in ranked games. Also I hope there's a limit of not allowing conservative tackling while strip ball aggressive is enabled (this was a big problem in NCAA).
While I get what you're saying, it does make some sense. We teach athletes at the school I coach at to secure the tackle first (conservative) then strip the ball (aggressive). To imagine both set at aggressive IRL would be like encouraging players to go for the kill shot and then rip the ball out, a totally unlikely scenario.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:33 PM   #15
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I like that the cpu AI will use coaching adjustments. One thing I didn't like is that it if it had an impact on a play a banner will drop down and tell you. Hopefully we are able to turn the notification off.
I understand why a lot of people would want the notifications off, but for me, seeing the "proof" that the CPU is effectively using the adjustments is a preferable scenario. If the sim community collective votes to have it turned off I'll be alright with it though.

Also, maybe increase utilization of the coaching adjustments by the CPU is something that can be tuned for sim style during the year.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 05:41 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I understand why a lot of people would want the notifications off, but for me, seeing the "proof" that the CPU is effectively using the adjustments is a preferable scenario. If the sim community collective votes to have it turned off I'll be alright with it though.

Also, maybe increase utilization of the coaching adjustments by the CPU is something that can be tuned for sim style during the year.
Agree. I like having what the AI is doing not being hidden "under the hood". Less reason to complain about the unknown - the more information we have as the user (and on another level, the customer), the better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »