Home

ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION)

This is a discussion on ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2017, 12:44 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION)

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
I agree that the intros should be saved for big games. Better than not having them tho. I just wish they'd change up the scoreboard. That would go a long way to making the game feel new. In game presentation has been the same for 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
Agreed. I wish Madden would go the MLB: The Show route and implement multiple TV broadcast packages (ideally mimicking the ones on FOX, CBS, NBC, etc.) sooner rather than later.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 08-11-2017, 11:42 PM   #18
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcandlestickpark
Agreed. I wish Madden would go the MLB: The Show route and implement multiple TV broadcast packages (ideally mimicking the ones on FOX, CBS, NBC, etc.) sooner rather than later.
The game intros to MLB the show are second to none! I think they do the best job out of anyone. That is another game though where i wish the playoffs had more hype. Crowd is way too quiet during playoff games. Another aspect of presentation that I wish EA would improve on as well. Crowd needs to be louder and crazier during playoff games. Would love to see the screen shaking on every play.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:51 AM   #19
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykelmosinee
CFMers are NOT their focus audience anymore. Online h2h AND MUT are. And primarily MUT. It's all about the Benjamins now, and MUT more than makes up for the lost revenue from declining sales.
They put minimal resources (people and money) into development, make a few improvements, and watch the profits roll in.
They even pull people from what already is a skeleton development crew to work on another game knowing it won't matter, because there are enough people into MUT and the tourneys that they cannot possibly fail.
That, and the fact that there's not any competition, and likely never will be.
Let's be brutally honest here, Madden 2005 was the end of drastic improvements and real innovation, as it was the last time they HAD TO step up their game.
The death knoll for us...the hardcore sim gamers. Now it's about dumbing everything down so little Timmy can score 100 points a game in as little time as possible.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
you just made me feel like im fighting a losing battle.....*sigh* It seems like Madden is turning into an APP that you just download and they just want these kids to keep buying "coins" for 1.99 to keep playing the game so EA can get rich...
Hopefully those modes are far enough along now that we can start seeing some real improvements again. Really hope someone from EA is reading this thread.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:24 PM   #20
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

had to edit the post to highlight that the teams in the Madden intros are running onto a lifeless empty field. Just another example of lifeless presentation that hopefully they will improve on in the future.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:07 PM   #21
MVP

prey2god's Arena

I don't want to be the guy that brings up the proverbial 2K example, but seriously, why can't we get highlights like that of 2K5 when Chris Berman presents it during halftime?

12 years and still couldn't integrate that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2017, 11:27 PM   #22
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
I don't want to be the guy that brings up the proverbial 2K example, but seriously, why can't we get highlights like that of 2K5 when Chris Berman presents it during halftime?

12 years and still couldn't integrate that?

12 years later and never even an attempt at creating a weekly run down or sports center type show. There is nothing that will connect you to what's happening in your own franchise by having a weekly show that you can actually sit down and watch for 5 minutes to see all the scores/weekly highlights/weekly awards/playoff picture/and draft projections.

Rather than having to navigate through a bunch of menus to get your information it was all there for us by just hitting the Y button, sitting back and letting the information come to you without lifting a finger. It was Genius on 2K's part!
Old 08-12-2017, 11:45 PM   #23
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
12 years later and never even an attempt at creating a weekly run down or sports center type show. There is nothing that will connect you to what's happening in your own franchise by having a weekly show that you can actually sit down and watch for 5 minutes to see all the scores/weekly highlights/weekly awards/playoff picture/and draft projections.

Rather than having to navigate through a bunch of menus to get your information it was all there for us by just hitting the Y button, sitting back and letting the information come to you without lifting a finger. It was Genius on 2K's part!
Exactly! I was full immersed especially with my created self making plays while Chris Berman was announcing it during a highlight. Why can't we have this? This should have been discussed during meetings on how to improve Madden.
Old 08-13-2017, 06:23 AM   #24
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

I played the NBA Live 18 demo and seeing the ESPN presentation, it's an absolute crime that EA shows no interest whatsoever in incorporating that - OR NFL Network presentation - OR BOTH - into the videogame. Details make a massive difference, presentation keeps the game fresh, realistic, informative and stops it becoming stale.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »