Home

ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION)

This is a discussion on ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2017, 06:40 AM   #25
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ITS TIME FOR CHANGE (PRESENTATION)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd113
So. If by week 3 you're ganna skip it anyways.

Why should anyone put any effort into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I don't skip the presentation in, say 2k17, because it's that stuff which stops it getting stale. After a while every game of Madden begins to feel like it's exactly the same as the last one. So why should they put the effort in? Because it would keep people like me playing the game longer. There's a reason why they put NBC presentation packages and ESPN packages into their NHL and NBA games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 09:55 AM   #26
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

also the daylight for 4:30 games and Super bowl need to be addressed. the Sun shouldnt be out during the second half of a 4:30 game. Also last time I checked when they kickoff the super bowl its always dark. There shouldnt be any daylight at 6:30 in February!
Old 08-14-2017, 06:07 PM   #27
Rookie

I thought that american football is the number 1 sports in usa? (correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm from europe)

what is so heavy to implement realistic NFL immersion and broadcast style, like you watch a NFL game?

When i play CFM, it feels like i just play "play now" games with the same antiquated sequences all the time and a boring ticker...another aspect is the lazy commentary....it feel's static, not dynamic at all....Where is the heart and passion to this great sport?

Tiburon did a great job in the PS2 Era and i loved the older Madden games, but they lost their focus and got into the wrong direction.... NBA2K is light-years ahead in presentation and deep offline expierences (not everyone plays online).... Don't understand me wrong, NBA2K is not perfect ...but holy cow...it's sad that EA and Tiburon show not more interest to NFL like 2K do/did it with the NBA license...

Last edited by Theo_Fleury; 08-14-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:45 PM   #28
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo_Fleury
I thought that american football is the number 1 sports in usa? (correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm from europe)

what is so heavy to implement realistic NFL immersion and broadcast style, like you watch a NFL game?

When i play CFM, it feels like i just play "play now" games with the same antiquated sequences all the time and a boring ticker...another aspect is the lazy commentary....it feel's static, not dynamic at all....Where is the heart and passion to this great sport?

Tiburon did a great job in the PS2 Era and i loved the older Madden games, but they lost their focus and got into the wrong direction.... NBA2K is light-years ahead in presentation and deep offline expierences (not everyone plays online).... Don't understand me wrong, NBA2K is not perfect ...but holy cow...it's sad that EA and Tiburon show not more interest to NFL like 2K do/did it with the NBA license...
Yup! Your guess is as good as ours. I'm not sure if it's passion on the devs part that is the problem. It seems they have people in the way that they need to convince to give them the freedom and resources needed to make these things happen. It's clear EA is pushing them to spend a lot of time on modes that are meant either for EA to make extra money after the consumers initial purchase, (MUT) or modes that are strictly for promoting and to advertise the game (Longshot). That's why I believe we see a lot of gimmicky modes constantly being introduced in Madden. The Core audience has most definitely been forced taken a back seat this year.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:58 PM   #29
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato06
Yup! Your guess is as good as ours. I'm not sure if it's passion on the devs part that is the problem. It seems they have people in the way that they need to convince to give them the freedom and resources needed to make these things happen. It's clear EA is pushing them to spend a lot of time on modes that are meant either for EA to make extra money after the consumers initial purchase, (MUT) or modes that are strictly for promoting and to advertise the game (Longshot). That's why I believe we see a lot of gimmicky modes constantly being introduced in Madden. The Core audience has most definitely been forced taken a back seat this year.
So suits are telling the devs to put in lackuster presentation, sound and effects? Neither of us is in the board room with them, but I highly doubt it. For a company that likes to "blind" its consumers with shiny "back of the box" style distractions, making the game less sensory is not on the suits' annual checklist:

"Look at the lighting!"
"Just wait until you feel the game in your hands!"

The devs just lack the skills/talent/passion. IMO.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-16-2017, 02:13 PM   #30
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
So suits are telling the devs to put in lackuster presentation, sound and effects? Neither of us is in the board room with them, but I highly doubt it. For a company that likes to "blind" its consumers with shiny "back of the box" style distractions, making the game less sensory is not on the suits' annual checklist:

"Look at the lighting!"
"Just wait until you feel the game in your hands!"

The devs just lack the skills/talent/passion. IMO.
I hear ya, im just taking educated guesses based off what I read and see every year. Obviously im not int he meeting rooms with the Devs and EA so my guess is as good as anyones. Read this article below about Mike Wang who left NBA2k and went to EA sports then left and went back to Visual concepts (2K). He doesnt come out and say it, but he basically says the Devs and the management are not on the same page over at EA. Granted this was 5 years ago, but it gives a little insight on what the differences are between the companies and what "could" be part of the problem. He doesnt go into great detail but you can read between the lines.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...franchise.aspx
Old 08-16-2017, 03:19 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
I hear ya, im just taking educated guesses based off what I read and see every year. Obviously im not int he meeting rooms with the Devs and EA so my guess is as good as anyones. Read this article below about Mike Wang who left NBA2k and went to EA sports then left and went back to Visual concepts (2K). He doesnt come out and say it, but he basically says the Devs and the management are not on the same page over at EA. Granted this was 5 years ago, but it gives a little insight on what the differences are between the companies and what "could" be part of the problem. He doesnt go into great detail but you can read between the lines.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...franchise.aspx
nice article. had never seen that b4 but that was the impression I had and also pretty much the gist of what one of the former EA employees in our forum expressed. companies that are run seemingly like EA tend to burn out their best talent. Developers, Programmers and designers are artists; they're creative people. When you try to force a creative mind into a little box, they quickly lose their desire to work for that company and become frustrated.

I do think the door swings both ways tho. I can see where EA would tell the Devs the overall budget (resources) and direction (Long Shot) of how (new marketing decisions this year) and who (casuals) they want to market the game to. And I'm sure they give their 'opinions' when they have them. But I just don't see them making such micro decisions like how players enter the field or how much wasted space there is in the UI.

At some point, responsibility has to fall to the Dev level tho. It's like when a football team has a bad owner and/or GM. The Head Coach is trying to do the best with what he's got and personnel decisions made out of his control. But when the team doesn't win, who goes first? It's not right in many scenarios, but the Head Coach is expected to make the best out of what he is given. Those decisions determine his fate. The very best coaches, or luckiest, can still win under extreme circumstances. And if the team is making enough $$ that the owner is satisfied, that owner may let the Head Coach be mediocre for quite a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 03:25 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
12 years later and never even an attempt at creating a weekly run down or sports center type show. There is nothing that will connect you to what's happening in your own franchise by having a weekly show that you can actually sit down and watch for 5 minutes to see all the scores/weekly highlights/weekly awards/playoff picture/and draft projections.

To be fair, Madden 10 & 11 on 360 & PS3 had weekly wrap up shows. It was called "The Extra Point" and featured Fran Charles and....I forget her name. It just didn't have highlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »