Home

Madden 18's Most Underrated and Overrated Players

This is a discussion on Madden 18's Most Underrated and Overrated Players within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2017, 02:09 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 18's Most Underrated and Overrated Players

Beasley led the league in sacks but his pressure numbers were not great. He will probably fall off this year. Donald is the best lineman in the NFL, and aside from Watt it's not really close. Interior lineman generally don't get huge sack numbers, but look at his total pressures and run defense.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:55 PM   #18
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeReaves
The Gronk kool aid is strong in here. Best player you've ever seen???
I wouldn't say best player, as that title still belongs to Lawrence Taylor and Barry Sanders or me. But I would say Gronk is the best tight end I have ever seen.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:11 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

Overrated: Philip Rivers (84 Overall)

Just on name alone, it almost feels weird calling Rivers overrated at a meager 84 overall. Unfortunately, Rivers was close to a career low last year with 21 interceptions and 60 percent completion rate. The worst part of it was that he lead the Chargers to a sour 5-11 record, which was their worst in years. There's little doubt to me that, as it stands, Rivers is the most overrated QB on the Madden 18 roster.
Somebody help me out here, was the author of this article in a coma the year before when the Chargers went 4-12?
Old 08-11-2017, 07:22 PM   #20
MVP

young22's Arena

Lol Gronk the best player you've ever seen? He's not the best player in his era, not even the best player in the league. I don't think he's ever really been the best player in the league. Not even if you take quarterbacks out of the discussion.

Also, Donald is not overrated. He's right with Mack and Watt in terms of defensive impact.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-12-2017, 02:46 AM   #21
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

I stoped reading after the first one. Anyone who doesn't know that Aaron Donald is the best lineman in football is ********. He is an interior lineman, sacks are very unimportant to him.*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2017, 03:03 AM   #22
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Definitely disagree with a lot in this write up. I wouldn't say Gronkowski is overrated at all, when he plays he's easily the best tight end in the league and one of the best players in the NFL. He has an injury rating, and it should be very low, but when he plays he's one of the best.

I wouldn't say Marshawn Lynch is underrated at all, for someone who hasn't played since 2015, didn't eclipse 1000 yards or even five TDs, Marshawn is very generously rated. He's a 31 year old running back who had a less than stellar season a few years ago and had one of the most punishing and tolling running styles in the NFL. Lynch is one of my favorite players and I would love for him to do well, but calling him underrated when you look at the circumstances is wrong in my opinion.

I would have to wait and see what Cam Newton's individual ratings are before I can really decide on him. He's an amazing runner, but besides one (extraordinary) outlier year he's been a very average passer. His physical and running stats should be high, but his throwing accuracy shouldn't be. If that's how he's rated in Madden 18 and he comes out to an 88 I'd say he's properly rated.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 08-12-2017, 08:09 AM   #23
Rookie

If this is going to be your headline article at least do some research.
Aaron Donald is the most dominant interior defender of the last two years by nearly all metrics. As a DT the author has him compared to DEs who often face single man coverage and can attack from the blindside. Donald has his 28 sacks from the interior where most times he faces the center and a guard,
He has now moved to edge rusher so comparing his stats to other edge rushers is ignorant and irrelevant.*
Donald may well be overrated as he is now a DE and this may impact his effectiveness but the fact that the author didn't even mention this shows that he should *not be writing articles.*
You've lost credibility with your lack of research. Your opinion can be validated but you were lazy in putting this piece together.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:58 PM   #24
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix without a doubt is underrated. 2nd team All Pro, made the Pro Bowl, and led all safties in picks last season. And all that is good enough for is an 82 OVR and 79 zcv. Are you kidding? Yet Byron Jones and his 1 career INT, who hasn't proven anything in the NFL is an 84. Just baffling. Almost forgot the ratings guy is a Cowboy fan, which explains it. Wouldn't doubt it one bit if he underrated the Packers out of spite. Because you know we beat them in the playoffs.

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »