Home

As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play.

This is a discussion on As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2017, 04:07 PM   #345
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: As a community we cannot accept the current CPU QB play.

Here's another great example of horrible QB play.

Cam Newton gets out of the pocket, breaks a tackle and has nothing but green ahead of him to run and instead throws across his body 30 yards downfield for a pick.

Horrible CPU AI. Won't be buying unless they fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQK8...tu.be&t=17m23s
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2017, 04:40 PM   #346
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Can someone tell me if they've seen any other QB's besides Cam Newton throw across their body like that when they're running toward the LOS? I swear I've only seen videos of Cam doing it but I may be wrong.

Also, someone with the full game, can you list Cam's QB traits?
Old 08-21-2017, 04:53 PM   #347
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, with the retail version, is it the issue the same as in the EA Access version? We are getting reports it's improved with a patch?

I meant, Qb's standing in the pocket like statues and not taking off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Yea I think the issue with QB's scrambling but when they get to the LOS, they throw back across their body like that is more frustrating than anything else.
I can't speak to the EA Access version, the only thing I've played is the full version so I'm not sure. It's something that's been noticeable from the beginning though. Here's the play I mentioned earlier from Cam:

Spoiler

Could have very likely had the first down there and you can also see a bit of the statue nature at the beginning.

Another issue I've seen a bunch is on screens. When they run them correctly the screens are great for the CPU but it seems like it's 50-50 on whether or not they actually throw the ball. The Panthers ran two in the game I just played and both resulted in sacks:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Screens are a play that IMO I don't think should ever result in sacks so if anything there I'd rather see him chuck the ball 20 rows out of bounds than ever take a sack.

There was another play where Cam did a great job of avoiding my user rusher and looked like he was going to scramble but ended up running right to a defender and also again tried to throw right as he got to the LOS:

Spoiler

And then here's one last one that's just a basic statue sack:

Spoiler

Not a terrible one but just no movement at all. When it happens on All-Pro it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as it does on All-Madden and it's likely because user pass rush is much better on All-Pro so there's not as much time to throw or for them to stand around. There's plays on All-Madden where they'll get 7 or more seconds to just stand there with no pressure whatsoever so oddly enough it's more of an issue on All-Madden.

Another thing I've noticed is that in a lot of the clips I've recorded of it happening it's on four verticals and curl flats which isn't really surprising I guess but it's been a common theme on more than a few of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
Thank you for pointing out all madden was played with default sliders. The same for all pro correct?

I hope others that post data when the game is released also outline their settings so the fix can be replicated consistently. Based on your feedback and EAs promise to tune modes independently I'm extremely tempted to completely ignore a lot of sliders for the promise of proper tuning
Correct. I've wanted to switch sliders up but have held off because it seems pointless at this point when there is likely going to be major changes to defense coming. But every game I've played has been Play Now on default All-Madden or All-Pro and I totally agree with what you're saying. On Simulation I'd like to see QB Accuracy tuned way down to the point where the base 50 creates a ton more inaccuracies among all QB's. At 50 right now I feel like there's no reason to even consider going anything over that and if I was making changes the first thing I would do is knock it down to at least 25. There's a few here and there but most incompletions are drops from my experience.

Last edited by DeuceDouglas; 08-21-2017 at 05:15 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:08 PM   #348
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Can someone tell me if they've seen any other QB's besides Cam Newton throw across their body like that when they're running toward the LOS? I swear I've only seen videos of Cam doing it but I may be wrong.

I saw Dak, Tyrod, Russell and Mariota do it as well in all the games I played.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:33 PM   #349
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

I've seen Wilson and Rodgers do it just off the top of my head. I know it's happened more than a few times to me though.

And here's Cam's traits:

Old 08-21-2017, 05:42 PM   #350
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I've seen Wilson and Rodgers do it just off the top of my head. I know it's happened more than a few times to me though.

And here's Cam's traits:

Glad you mentioned this because Cam having the "Balanced" trait seems a bit odd to me. Maybe the game expects him to get his yards through option plays?

For reference, he was Scrambling style in M17.

Winston is balanced too, which is who Mill is playing against right now.

Last edited by bcruise; 08-21-2017 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:15 PM   #351
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I can't speak to the EA Access version, the only thing I've played is the full version so I'm not sure. It's something that's been noticeable from the beginning though. Here's the play I mentioned earlier from Cam:

Spoiler

Could have very likely had the first down there and you can also see a bit of the statue nature at the beginning.

Another issue I've seen a bunch is on screens. When they run them correctly the screens are great for the CPU but it seems like it's 50-50 on whether or not they actually throw the ball. The Panthers ran two in the game I just played and both resulted in sacks:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Screens are a play that IMO I don't think should ever result in sacks so if anything there I'd rather see him chuck the ball 20 rows out of bounds than ever take a sack.

There was another play where Cam did a great job of avoiding my user rusher and looked like he was going to scramble but ended up running right to a defender and also again tried to throw right as he got to the LOS:

Spoiler

And then here's one last one that's just a basic statue sack:

Spoiler

Not a terrible one but just no movement at all. When it happens on All-Pro it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as it does on All-Madden and it's likely because user pass rush is much better on All-Pro so there's not as much time to throw or for them to stand around. There's plays on All-Madden where they'll get 7 or more seconds to just stand there with no pressure whatsoever so oddly enough it's more of an issue on All-Madden.

Another thing I've noticed is that in a lot of the clips I've recorded of it happening it's on four verticals and curl flats which isn't really surprising I guess but it's been a common theme on more than a few of them.

Correct. I've wanted to switch sliders up but have held off because it seems pointless at this point when there is likely going to be major changes to defense coming. But every game I've played has been Play Now on default All-Madden or All-Pro and I totally agree with what you're saying. On Simulation I'd like to see QB Accuracy tuned way down to the point where the base 50 creates a ton more inaccuracies among all QB's. At 50 right now I feel like there's no reason to even consider going anything over that and if I was making changes the first thing I would do is knock it down to at least 25. There's a few here and there but most incompletions are drops from my experience.
Man, can someone send this to Rex!?!

Bring back Tuck & Run Traits, Bring back Fluid traits
See:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...6pq37vVGg5BZjg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2017, 11:42 AM   #352
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

can anyone post on how this is after the day 0 patch?? im very curious as i don't want another Madden 15 sack issue that goes unaddressed because the devs say they don't see any issue....

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »