Home

Feature request

This is a discussion on Feature request within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #1
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
Feature request

I would love to see Madden incorporate (during the half time show or during stoppages) highlights/replays from others games around the NFL during the season.

NFL2k5 had this with the ESPN Weekly Wrap Up and it was pretty incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xVVVKym0Cw

How difficult do you think this would be to add this to the game?

Last edited by Peter_OS; 08-14-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 10:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Feature request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_OS
I would love to see Madden incorporate (during the half time show or during stoppages) highlights/replays from others games around the NFL during the season.

NFL2k5 had this with the ESPN Weekly Wrap Up and it was pretty incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xVVVKym0Cw

How difficult do you think this would be to add this to the game?
Lol....good luck with this. It's been brought to their attention a million times. They have no intention of doing ANYTHING that might resemble "that other game." And they are hell bent on the EA Sports presentation which IMO sucks the immersion out of the game at every turn.
I feel confident in saying it isn't in their plan, and perhaps never will be. They already think everyone needs to button skip even the replays to speed the game up. For them, it's about getting the game set up and played in the shortest time possible.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2017, 10:28 AM   #3
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Id love to see this happen as well. I think I read somewhere that one of the biggest issues is online franchises. Getting those highlights into the wrap up show would be difficult.

I could even except simple box scores with the top performers for each team, injury updates, trades, playoff scenarios, no watch, etc. Granted I would love to have actual highlights from games, but jsut having a 5 minute weekly rundown would keep thing immersed.

I know 2k5 had it, heck I even enjoyed watching the box scores flash onto the screen each game in tecmo super bowl. It wasn't great but it was easy way to see who wins and who played well vs going into schedule and clicking on each individual game for a box score.

For Madden immersion is your own imagination or at least 10 clicks in 10 different areas away.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:03 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

I feel like NCAA Football had something like this but I can't really remember. Of course Googling 'NCAA Football highlights' gets you nothing relevant

I'm fine without "real" video highlights, it's a cool feature but not one that I really need. I would like to see them "interrupt" the game to show scores from around the league. That is something that NCAA had and it was great. It was nice that they did it during the regular flow of the game, not just at the half, because a lot of times I skip the half-time show because after one or two games it's pretty redundant.

This would be a good feature though just seems years away. I would also be happy with a compromise of just fake clips... Like, even if the clips didn't match up to the simulated results of the game, I think it would help immersion. Some people would probably complain about it (e.g., 'the highlight shows Dak to Dez for 80 yard, but in the stats Dez only had 4 receptions for 42 yards!') but even if done half-way, it would help CFM mode feel more like you're playing in a league, and not an isolated game.

Last edited by Rebel10; 08-14-2017 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Not going to happen.. longshot part 2 & NBA live will take up resources.. or mut maybe .. or some random feature that no one asked for .. I could go on and on... There's endless excuses ..

Hopeful for Madden 2030 tho.. im confident that will be a great game

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 12:40 PM   #6
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

It would be nice to have if I have time to watch it. Like during a weekend game. I'm starting to feel like I'm a minority because I spam X to get through the halftime show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-14-2017, 12:49 PM   #7
MVP

I would rather see static box scores of other games during halftime that the "highlights" of my game I already have seen when they happened. Something like the "Extra Point" in Madden 10 would also be worth my time. Now I just button through halftime. At least then I get to hear the announcers say something funny about being rushed back.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:07 PM   #8
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20

I know this request has been brought up before, and I'm sorry for bringing it up again. I know the developers of the game read these forums. Would be a pleasent suprise to see this added for Madden 19. We can only hope.

I've been gaming since the NES days. I'm not a big fan of the NFL and only play NFL games on occasion. Presentation, single player franchise mode and gameplay is pretty big with my sports gaming. This would just add to the game, and make it even better!

The same can be said about EA NHL, Fifa and the NBA Live series.

I hope the developers are listening..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »