Home

Madden NFL 18 Video - Bills vs. Dolphins (SimFBallCritic)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Video - Bills vs. Dolphins (SimFBallCritic) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2017, 11:11 PM   #25
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Madden NFL 18 Video - Bills vs. Dolphins (SimFBallCritic)

We've all heard the phrase...".Plenty of green ahead of him." But my God, that first screen shot takes the freaking cake. And the result is a sack....wow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 02:00 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm not going to beat the dead horse of AI QB, instead I'm going to point out another problem which for me could be equally bad -- AI safety play. Seems like most videos I've watched have some plays where the safety goes blank or something.

This video check the deep TD pass he made in the first half around the 2 minute warning. The SS is in perfect position to break up the pass, but he doesn't. He does absolutely nothing actually.

If this was an isolated incident I wouldn't think anything of it, but like I said, most videos have something like this.

So the two biggest gameplay issues look to be AI QBs and safety play. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Seriously, these are not new problems, I lost track of how many years we've had this. Completely inexcusable.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:31 PM   #27
SC**NC*!

DrStrangepork's Arena

OVR: 5
The shadows seem off in the stadium.*
Old 08-15-2017, 02:52 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrStrangepork
The shadows seem off in the stadium.*
Tough to say without knowing the time of day and time of the year of either the photo or of the game in the video. I'd imagine Frostbite does not change shadows depending on the time of the year, but it does change them depending on time of day.

A game at 4PM will have very different shadows than a 1PM game, and a game in December will have very different shadows than a game in August.

*edit*

Using my eagle eye... (zooming the hell out of the photo), that looks to be Cleveland @ Miami from Sept 25, 2016, and the scoreboard looks like 24 to 24, so that would be the end of regulation (the game ended in OT 30-24). That was a 1PM game that day, so that photo would likely be taken around 4PM or so.

It's actually not too bad. If you run the video to near the last drive of the game, near the end of the 4th, the shadows are making similar parts of the field be in "direct sun" (the crowd, both in game and photo) and other parts in the shade, and the pillar pattern on the ground is actually pretty accurate, just off by about ~30 yards or so. In defense of EA here, they probably work off of photos taken at various times of the year and try to position the light source based on that, so if their research photos are taken in, say, March or April then the sun and shadows would be a good deal different, or even the November sun vs. the September sun.

Last edited by Rebel10; 08-15-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:26 PM   #29
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

OVR: 0

QB scrambling issue.... check
Players warping to the ball... check

Potentially game breaking game play issues... check
Old 08-16-2017, 01:18 PM   #30
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

It will be interesting to see how the intros work out over time. They all look really cool at first but once you get into a franchise and start playing with one team they become stale really fast if there isn't a varying amount of them. Madden 12's were good but stale as hell but I would like to see the return of the flyover for playoff games or even random games throughout the season.

Took less than 30 seconds for terrible AI QB's to show themselves. Blitzing corner coming right at him and of course he sprints right into him. And then the next play is a perfect example of why it's important for the QB's to be aware of what's going on around them. Again, pressure right in his face and he just stands in. If he moves a little bit to his right, he might have a chance at getting the ball off or he might move into the pressure on the right side and have it still be a sack. And then 3rd down, just horrible.

Blocking on the outside for WR screens looks so much better. In M17 the blockers just go out and shuffle in motion and let you get tackled and this is the second or third time I've seen them actively seeking out targets.

Sack at 2:31 looked really odd on the O-Line.

WTH happened on the run at 6:12? Ajayi has the entire field in front of him and looks like he slows down to accommodate the reach tackle animation. That looked really bad.

6:23 I get why he threw it away but nobody should ever run a HB screen like that.

Liked seeing a bunch of inaccuracies but I want to see them on All-Madden before I get too excited over anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »