Home

PS4 No 4K HDR until later patch?

This is a discussion on PS4 No 4K HDR until later patch? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2017, 04:43 PM   #9
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: PS4 No 4K HDR until later patch?

Its a big deal to people who have forked over $3k plus for an OLED in anticipation of finally being able to play Madden in 4k. I never said anybody lied about the 4k not being available at launch, but they certainly conveniently left it out every time I saw the question responded to. I couldnt care less about MUT or any ultimate team mode in any game, so I dont appreciate any company attempting to milk money from people by releasing the more expensive version early. I'll decide what I feel is a big deal and what isn't, thanks for the input though.

Last edited by reverend_heat; 08-14-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:45 PM   #10
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
I'm confused what does out the box mean exactly because games come with an opening day patch now if this is saying it won't be in the first patch then that's not cool but out the box could mean it's just not available until you download the opening day patch.

"Asked about 4K and HDR support, Madden director Rex Dickson told USgamer that PS4 Pro support will be added in a future patch, but would not reveal any further details."

You and I know what that means, its not gonna be in the launch update, if it were, he would have said so when asked the question.

Last edited by reverend_heat; 08-14-2017 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:46 PM   #11
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Nobody is baiting anyone into buying anything. NBA 2K did this last year, and are doing it this year.

And nobody lied about 4K/HDR being supported.

Yes, it sucks it's not in at launch, and it should be. But to break out the pitchforks and torches on this is kinda going a bit overboard. It only effects one system right now, that most people don't even have.

And for all we know it could be in a day one patch.

I'm all for criticizing EA when it's deserved, but this stuff is not a huge deal imo.
I respectfully disagree - this is a question that's seemingly been intentionally dodged for weeks now. We've asked for a clear cut answer on Twitter multiple times only to be told conflicting information, and finally being told it's in.

Not "it's in but will take about two months to implement." This is extremely frustrating and those of us with 4k HDR capable displays it is a big deal as we were definitely lead on to believe that the game will have it at launch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 04:47 PM   #12
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Baffles me that any AAA title released after 2016 isn't 4K/HDR supported.

Old 08-14-2017, 04:47 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 12

Battlfield 1 , another EA product said they would support HDR via patch and im still waiting .

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2017, 04:47 PM   #14
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
"Asked about 4K and HDR support, Madden director Rex Dickson told USgamer that PS4 Pro support will be added in a future patch, but would not reveal any further details."

You and I know what that means, its not gonna be in the launch update, it it were, he would have said so when asked the question.
Well guess I will get Madden when the Xbox one x releases then if I get it at all this year. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:47 PM   #15
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

I hope it is available in the Xbox one S.. She said in the article they are still downloading it..I wasn't expecting hdr on xbox till Scorpio

Last edited by UtahUtes32; 08-14-2017 at 06:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2017, 04:48 PM   #16
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
Its a big deal to people who have forked over $3k plus for an OLED in anticipation of finally being able to play Madden in 4k. I never said anybody lied about the 4k not being possible at launch, but they certainly just conveniently left it out every time I saw the question responded to. I couldnt care less about MUT or any ultimate team mode in any game, so I dont appreciate any company attempting to milk money from people by releasing the more expensive version early. I'll decide what I feel is a big deal and what isn't, thanks for the input though.
Ok, I understand why you are upset. I have a 4K HDR TV as well. So I get it, it sucks. But there is a possibility it could be in with a day one patch, or even day two or three.

As far as the early versions go, that's the new nature of the business. Other sports games are doing it, have done, and will continue to do it. Non-sports games have been doing this for a while.

You can think it's' a big deal if you want, and that's fine. But don't act like this is EA trying to stick it to hardcore Madden fans.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »