Home

John White 1 Hour CFM Interview (T4Verts)

This is a discussion on John White 1 Hour CFM Interview (T4Verts) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2017, 12:09 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: John White 1 Hour CFM Interview (T4Verts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
This is correct. Anything built on XP (unless it is somehow drastically changed in a way I cannot really come up with) is just not going to really be a sim mode.
A major problem with XP is you accrue it in unrealistic ways. It is accrued through reaching goals/stats. All variables that could have been used for realism is just multiplier to goals/stats.

There is an option to have the CPU spend XP, but the way it's accrued is so unrealistic. It's this part that makes progression and franchise so shallow..
Old 08-15-2017, 12:13 PM   #74
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I agree, thats why I think trait combinations are a good way to really let these guys feel different.
To me the best way to differentiate would be animation libraries for each position and having certain tiers that can get the animations.

We need much more variation with regards to animations.

Just to add: I do appreciate your interview and what you do.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-15-2017, 12:19 PM   #75
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3

I get that there are others not from OS who have a desire of what should be in the game and I get that the suit and tie guys have their own mindset of what brings in the money, but couldn't we argue that NBA 2k has for the most part added what OS people were wanting to have and as a result they sell about the same as Madden? Most people praise the game and it's well liked in the sports gaming world. And they're a basketball game mind you!

What I'm trying to say is if Madden took this same approach for one year, they could really test the waters and see how the sales go with a 2k mentality.

If they are going to sell the game no matter what happens every year because they hold that exclusive license then why not give it a shot and see what happens?

Let MUT get a change of looks and give CFM some love, I bet people will still drop a crazy amount of cash on that mode like they did before regardless.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go find a fountain that I can throw a penny into.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Boling4Humor; 08-15-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 12:23 PM   #76
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I agree they could try, but that is why they have the Duece mock up, too.

And the NBA sells more because they are worldwide vs NFL mostly sells in NA.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:27 PM   #77
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree they could try, but that is why they have the Duece mock up, too.

And the NBA sells more because they are worldwide vs NFL mostly sells in NA.

Very true. I just think that exclusive license carries a lot of guaranteed sales so there really isn't too much of a risk as what it's made out to be.

But I'm no business guru so you could be right Roadman.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:29 PM   #78
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
I've been commish of a league since 2011 and feel exactly the same. I was shocked to hear John say he never heard we want those types of options. How can you have a fair playing field if you can't make sure everyone has the same user assist settings or none at all?
The commissioner should have the following options for each "User Assist" setting:
Set on
Set off
Follow user settings

There's no reason that should have to be detailed any further. The commissioner should have the control to override anything that could make gameplay easier.
Yeah this has been something online commishes have been asking for for two years now. So i dunno about the he never heard that before .....

It just needs to be an optional setting for commish.Lock things in place in the league settings. Or let them set it to make it optional per user in league.

As for them not listening, i mean they have added things in people in this forum have asked for. The real issue it, its normally only 1-2 things per year tops. Then they spend alot of time it seems on UI ( that even after years of this still isnt up to speed) and then they throw in some things to make things " more accessable" . So i see that , from their business standpoint. However that does not make me feel like they can not afford to put more resources into the most played mode and improve it more than that each year.

I do actually like the play live now addition and i can see where it will be used in numerous ways for people. For me, i dont have my fav team in our league, so i can run with my eagles at any point of the season. Like say in week 5 they blow a game on bad playcalling, ill be going in and fixing that and running what i thought they should have won. For casual fans of madden, it could be a cool feature for them picking up with their fav team at anytime , and finishing their season for them. I get it.

I just think people want to see more funds/focus on franchise by them showing more improvements year to year. When half of what you do most years ( not this year but years past) is merley UI changes, and they dont really make people happy, you have spent alot of time on something thats not really that good. People want to see features added back to this mode.I think that is where to boat gets missed often.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 08-15-2017, 12:31 PM   #79
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
They did this and they determined a large amount of people wanted play now live, but as you see those here do not necessarily appreciate that. Remember this group here isn't the majority of CFM users, in fact it is a small minority of the total population. As he explains many people play CFM different ways, and what one group sees as an essential feature is unnecessary and a waste to others.

By proposing ideas and people/CFMs attaching their name to it, they can better start framing out what demographics really want what. I get that some people are dejected with the advancements over the last couple years, but in other groups the advancements have been big hits. It is just hard to really get perspective without seeing how many people actually play CFM and how few are actually vocal about it here or on social.

I'm not trying to be combative here, so I hope it doesn't sound that way. . But, I have to question what other sources of info does ea use for 'CFM ideas'? U say, and others often say we are the minority here on OS. But, I have a feeling we actually do represent the majority of CFM 'ideas'. Simply meaning, we're more 'passionate' about it, so we post and discuss it. Where are these other CFM ideas coming from? There's plenty here and this appears to be the main forum for anything madden related. If I google search for 'madden cfm', I'll probably find this forum. Lol. U know?

So, just to restate, not really trying to be argumentative. But, simply trying to be objective and rational. I'm not sure not all CFM people want we want here, but my guess is that the majority of anyone who wants to play a franchise in any sport wants to play a full season, draft, etc. And, my guess is also that they see some ideas here and think, 'wow. That would be a awesome!'

So, anyways, I really wonder about the whole 'minority CFM ideas' that exist on a forum like this. I tend to believe we are simply more vocal about what the majority probably wants.

Good interview, though. U tend to ask quality questions and I can hear in your voice when u want to press a little further but know it won't get u, anywhere. Lol.

And, I like white, I'm sure he's trying. This year, longshot really was the big deal, so it is what it is. But, it's also tough to hear, 'we couldn't get that in this year. We're looking at that for the future.', etc, etc, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2017, 12:35 PM   #80
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous

The dude probably spent days making that post which hits pretty much every nail on the head of what we want, and as such a dissatisfied and frankly desperate customer base we don't care which order these things are introduced.

(Raises Hand) I do. I loved every bit of Deuce's post, and I do want all of those things, but there are things in it that I, personally, want before other things he listed.

For example, I'm a franchise presentation nut...if I had to choose one, I would like a weekly wrap up show BEFORE a coaching carousel. Mind you, I do want a coaching carousel in the game, but a wrap up show is a bigger priority to ME. This is what Verts is saying...yes, the community has made 100 page wishlists for years, but there's no way for EA to know what the TOP things are when 100's of gamers ask for dozens of things in wildly different orders of importance. He's saying if we could all actually agree on specific things, then we have a better chance of seeing it in the game.

So y'all need to get on the wrap up show idea :P

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »