Home

John White 1 Hour CFM Interview (T4Verts)

This is a discussion on John White 1 Hour CFM Interview (T4Verts) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2017, 11:09 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: John White 1 Hour CFM Interview (T4Verts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
They did this and they determined a large amount of people wanted play now live, but as you see those here do not necessarily appreciate that. Remember this group here isn't the majority of CFM users, in fact it is a small minority of the total population. As he explains many people play CFM different ways, and what one group sees as an essential feature is unnecessary and a waste to others.

By proposing ideas and people/CFMs attaching their name to it, they can better start framing out what demographics really want what. I get that some people are dejected with the advancements over the last couple years, but in other groups the advancements have been big hits. It is just hard to really get perspective without seeing how many people actually play CFM and how few are actually vocal about it here or on social.
I definitely appreciate Play Now Live. I love the concept. But it's an add on "feature" and not something that is authentic to what an NFL Franchise does. If Franchise was up-to-date and innovating/leading the pack, then things like Play Now Live are applauded universally. But when sooo much is needed elsewhere in the mode, the appreciation is muted b/c it appears to have taken away from deepening the mode.

As an example of what I mean, take formation subs. That was supposedly the #1 fan requested feature last year. They said they'd build upon it. It adds multiple layers of depth and strategy to the mode. I'd at least expect that with no new features this year, something, anything, would have been done to add more depth. Instead we get another mechanism to speed up the process. Play Now Live skews the perception of priority.

Last edited by deu22ces; 08-15-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:12 AM   #58
MVP

Quote:
I believe it only starts preseason week 1 this year because of the system just being implemented this year. I could see it allowing for the past year in next years version.
Disappointing yet again. With all due respeCT I don't care about next year. When they won't even bother making punting work expecting anything in the future is an exercise in futility. Maybe, it makes since to pick up the game in January and start a franchise then for this feature.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:15 AM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Disappointing yet again. With all due respeCT I don't care about next year. When they won't even bother making punting work expecting anything in the future is an exercise in futility. Maybe, it makes since to pick up the game in January and start a franchise then for this feature.
I'm pushing hard to get the wind issues corrected as a continuous development update this year.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:23 AM   #60
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
They did this and they determined a large amount of people wanted play now live, but as you see those here do not necessarily appreciate that. Remember this group here isn't the majority of CFM users, in fact it is a small minority of the total population. As he explains many people play CFM different ways, and what one group sees as an essential feature is unnecessary and a waste to others.

By proposing ideas and people/CFMs attaching their name to it, they can better start framing out what demographics really want what. I get that some people are dejected with the advancements over the last couple years, but in other groups the advancements have been big hits. It is just hard to really get perspective without seeing how many people actually play CFM and how few are actually vocal about it here or on social.
As someone who has been active on this forum for nearly a decade now and having seen multiple dev teams come and go - this is bull****.

If they are getting their statistics the same way Ian Cummings did, which is their monitoring of our play time, how can they know what we want when they never give what we say we want?

Play Now Live sounds great. I would play it if the rest of the mode had any depth. This is the fundamental issue. The same things have been outlined, requested, over and over and over, and they still have not been delivered.

I last owned Madden 16 and was appalled when I tried to adjust my depth chart and set subs in my team management and still couldn't. THIS WAS ON PS2 MADDEN.

A large majority of things people are requesting from the mode at the very LEAST are things that were in PS2 Madden. A large majority of things we still request were things that were in PS3 Madden that just needed to be tweaked or built upon. Instead it is removed or broken and there is literally no excuse.

People play CFM different ways sure, but sorry to mention 2k but just look at what their MyLeague mode is, while not only creating a story based MyGM mode this year. Their whole MO is to give us the tools to play the game how we want.

If EA cannot learn from their rivals then they are quite frankly stupid. It doesn't take advanced analytics to know that people are gonna be mad when things they enjoyed about a mode are taken out on a yearly basis only to be repackaged in an inferior, less use-able way and marketed as a new feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeDunkz
Unfortunately they have shown us time and time again that it is loud and clear they have no idea what we want in the game. So we do kind of have to constantly remind them it seems.
you have far too much patience. its quite frankly hopeless in my opinion.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:27 AM   #61
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Get with people and tell them that's what you all want over other things then. The issue seems to be there are literally 100 things people want, but what is the order of those things? You can't trust a random person tweeting John to represent the deeper community demands. That's why some of the work people are doing to try and organize these desires is important. Everyone wants something but whats the order of importance? As I said someone wanted play now live, but because it is so low on other peoples desire list it isn't appreciated as delivering what "people want".
if the entire OS community were to like, recommend and 5 star Deuce's CFM post, would we still be expected to then break down which order we want those things introduced in a year by year basis?

This is wilful ignorance. That is in no way our responsibility and EA need to sort themselves out or pay us to design the frickin mode then.

The dude probably spent days making that post which hits pretty much every nail on the head of what we want, and as such a dissatisfied and frankly desperate customer base we don't care which order these things are introduced, we just want to see them build towards an overall vision that makes sense, isn't half assed and represents the NFL in as accurate a way as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 11:29 AM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
if the entire OS community were to like, recommend and 5 star Deuce's CFM post, would we still be expected to then break down which order we want those things introduced in a year by year basis?

This is wilful ignorance. That is in no way our responsibility and EA need to sort themselves out or pay us to design the frickin mode then.

The dude probably spent days making that post which hits pretty much every nail on the head of what we want, and as such a dissatisfied and frankly desperate customer base we don't care which order these things are introduced, we just want to see them build towards an overall vision that makes sense, isn't half assed and represents the NFL in as accurate a way as possible.
Deuce's blog is in play, but what part of it should be first? It's not all going to just pop up in one or even two releases. That is more my point, it was a great large picture proposal but everyone has to get on board with where do you start or else be okay with anything is okay.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:35 AM   #63
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Next year will be Next year & Next year will be Next year & Next year will be Next year.....
Old 08-15-2017, 11:39 AM   #64
MVP

To the people that say it's hopeless, I can empathize with that feeling. I simply just refuse to give up on something I care about.

If you don't try, you can't succeed. You can fail a thousand times before, but breaking through one time can change the way we play. That is what I am trying to do, help facilitate change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »