Home

CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Team Managers

This is a discussion on CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Team Managers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2017, 06:27 PM   #9
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Team Managers

1. Customize/ Share Draft Classes:
- Give us full control of editing players before the draft. Allow us to set sliders for the quality and depth of the draft class.
- More in depth scouting such as college awards and stats. I want to hear commentary about former heisman winner in my season

2. Assistant Coaches/ Coaching Pool:
- Coordinators and position coaches are a must with the ability to fully edit coaches
- Coaching Free Agency so you can hire/ fire coaches in the middle of the season
- Retired players become coaches

3. Historical Stat/ Award Tracking:
- Season awards and records are viewable all the way back to the NFL beginning 1920 Season.
- Player cards show stats and awards for player by season and what team they were on.
- More records are tracked and they have an actual legacy score to compete with other players for the HOF.

4. Uniform/ Stadium Creator:
- Similar to NCAA's teambuilder website. Let us build a stadium, jerseys, and do relocation from scratch. Let us build our own unique stadium that can be shared and viewable by others.

5. Presentation Update:
- Commentary always needs to be up to date, and I want to see it carry on into year 2, 3 , 4 and plus. If the Bengals win the 2018 Super Bowl, I want to hear them referred to as defending super bowl champs in the 2019 season.
- With that, I want to see the stadiums/ championship banners update with championships
Old 08-15-2017, 06:49 PM   #10
Rookie

1. Playbook Knowledge rating/mechanism - overall gist: players have dominant scheme/prior experience; rookies and free agents with no previous experience have to go thru a learning curve - ties into AWR/PRC; impacts on drafting, free agency, chemistry, depth chart, trades, pre-season, practices, progression/regression

2. Assistant Coaches - w/impact on team building (minimum OC,DC,ST) - impacts drafting, free agency, chemistry, progression/regression, pre-season, practices, depth chart

3. Chemistry - similar to what is in MUT already, more detail the better, positions that rely on chemistry to succeed as a team (QB/WR, RB/OL, QB/OL, LB/DL, CB/S etc.

4. Expanded Contracts - to include multiple types seen in today's NFL as well as RFA, ERFA. (to keep a RPG element - incentive contracts to replace the current goal XP)

5. Customizable Draft Classes - including sliders for customizing
Old 08-15-2017, 07:13 PM   #11
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Hidden or non-numerical ratings system:
- Specific numerical ratings reduce any reasoning for pre-season football, practice, or giving "that one guy" a chance. This also goes for draft scouting, where a scout would give strengths and weaknesses, not a letter grade. Also eliminates user controlled XP system

Team chemistry and scheme diversity:
- Giving players chemstry based on length together or play style would be awesome. I think team chemistry should be separate to offense and defense as well, since they are their own individual units. Also, having schemes applied to players and teams would be amazing. A player going to a bad scheme for should significantly decrease his abilities, unless he's a special player who fits multiple schemes. This would also require defensive and offensive coordinators.

Player roles/Badges:
- So many players are in the NFL that separate themselves from other guys. Wether it be the vocal leader trying to get everyone on the same page, or the special teamer who's only job is excelling at Special Teams. The badges or roles would apply to helping or hurting the team, and give strengths and weaknesses to players outside of just simple ratings.

Injury history and reoccurrence rating:
- We've seen a ton of players have nagging injuries that ruin their career. Unfortunately it's the dark side of football, but would add so much immersion if your star WR tore his ACL in back to back seasons, and you need to scramble for a replacement.

Player emotion/morale:
Adding this would make sure disgruntled players don't re-sign, or happy players re-sign for less. Players could demand trades/hold out or recruit other players to join his current team. It would also lessen the value needed for some players to be traded if they're publicly vocal about being unhappy. Would also see a ratings boost/decline. Also could contribute to early and unexpected retirements.

Last edited by BreakingBad2013; 08-16-2017 at 10:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 07:13 PM   #12
Rookie

Top 5 Features:
1A. Change Pass/Run Ratio Weekly (With 1% Increments, NOT 5s). What's the point of having a 'Training'/XP if you CANNOT change the Pass/Run ratio for the Simmed Game?!?! I MISS THIS. Give it back. I hate seeing my opponent ranked 30th Against the Run and not being able to set my team to say 63% Run to take advantage of that obvious mismatch. Or maybe I have an elite QB and want him to throw a ton so I set my team to 74% Pass pretending I've hired a Mike Leach type as OC.
1B. RFA/ERFA Contracts. I loved this feature in Madden 2004/Madden 2005 and it made me actually have to decide my roster construction. Do I tender Player X at 1 Year for $4.5 Million or let him walk? Do I try to do what the Patriots do and sign somebody else to an offer sheet hoping their team can't/won't match it?
2. Player Statistics Detailed In Career. I'm the type who loved "reuniting" a player to a coach e.g. maybe a LB played under Rex Ryan in Baltimore and is in a FA. Real coaches tend to lean towards their players who "know" the scheme so it'd make sense they'd target such players. This was an easy way to do so & helps with immersion. Or I'd sign that 37 year old QB or RB to try and get them over 40,000 Passing Yards or 100 Rushing TDs.
3. Assistant Coaches. Coordinators matter in the NFL and are the #1s to the HC. They are a MUST in this kind of a videogame that touts it's "what you see." Bill Belichick isn't calling the offense AND defense for the Patriots, it's Josh McDaniels and Matt Patricia. It'd also allow users to 'follow' coordinators and snipe them for HC openings. Also see #2 for 'Stats For Career' included even if it's just a W/L Record.
4. Coach Attribute Boosts (Increase/Decrease Over Career) I'd like to see certain coaches have "boosts" for their team (think HC '09 maybe?). Belichick might have a +2 for Defensive AWR whereas Sean Payton may have a +2 for WR Route Running. It'd make them unique and differentiate them when looking to hire new coaches. Maybe a HC like Jason Garrett sees his Cowboys turn into the 00s Ravens defensively so his +1 Run Blocking changes to +2 Tackling.
5. Free Agency Fit Meter This would tie into the coaches you have but it'd relate mostly to playing style. If a team is a Zone Blocking team, just having the One Cut/ZB isn't very helpful IMO because different players may still fit within the system. Randy Moss would be a 'Vertical' WR probably but he transitioned into a 'Spread' WR when he joined the Patriots. Having a fit meter would help showcase the obvious fits but also let coaches get under-the-radar finds e.g. Vrabel's 3-4 OLB fit with NE after being tried at DE for Pittsburgh.

Last edited by DH523; 08-15-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:03 AM   #13
MVP

1) coaching staffs to include position coachs. Ability to start career as position coach and move up and the ability to move down when fired. Coordinators obviously control their side of the ball and position coaches only control their position in game. As position coach rank rookies and free agents at your position.

2) Dynamic progression/regression system. Shoud not be based on on field results and more randomness. You shoud not be Able to could t on a player being your mlb for the next ten years when you draft him no matter how big a prospect he is.

3) every coach should evaluate talent differently in determining overall. This would help tremendously with free agency and drafting. A players overall should be the average grade of the coach, coordinator and position coach.

4) free agency, players should have different priorities. The point system where only money matters is not good. Free agents shoud consider things like, location, coach style, winning team, media market and many others with every players weighing those factors differently.

5) big decisikns. GM's put out fires. Hold outs, pissed off players, demands for release and trade. Some options to treat star players like star players and have that affect the rest of the team. Promises, depth chart comlaints.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:25 AM   #14
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

1. Better Menus that Respond Quicker
2. When I click on a player card and then go back to my roster I don't want it to reset me at the top of my roster. I want to continue where I left off. This is a major time waster.
3. More interactive college scouting
4. More interactive player development that is more rewarding
5. More interactive trades/free agency discussions (i.e. Fifa 18)
Old 08-16-2017, 10:45 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just want a coaching staff. But I want it done right, not half-assed. Meaning you give us every coordinator, Offense, Defense, Special Teams. You give them the same treatment you give the Head Coaches in the game now. Records and player models in the game. That way when they become a head coach they're in the game and not some generic bull****.

But that's really bare minimum, because position coaches being added and receiving that level of detail is probably too much for them to handle. I would be happy with the bare minimum in this regard because it's been so damn long since Madden has had this. I honestly doubt they even know it was ever there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2017, 10:54 PM   #16
MVP

With GOAT edition out I wanted to check back in and see if any other items need added here. Will probably ask once more time a couple days after official release to give everyone a chance to provide feedback before compiling the stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »