Home

CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Player mode

This is a discussion on CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Player mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2017, 04:35 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Player mode

In an attempt to better align the OS community on what features they are looking for in CFM I am conducting a survey to send to John White at EA. John has identified the four ways he believes a majority of players play CFM. The point of this specific thread is to determine the Top 5 most desired features for people playing CFM in a “Player Mode” focused way. This means that you play in a CFM by yourself as an individual player on a team for a single, or multiple seasons. If you play in multiple CFMs and play them differently, or think you fit in multiple categories, please fill out a separate submission for each thread.

If this fits your style of play please reply to this thread using the below template. When naming your features be as specific as possible, saying better contracts is too vague. I will compile the lists later and group them into larger groups, but if we start with more specific responses it gives more flexibility to combine them later. Make sure the order reflects your feelings on the importance of these being in the mode in your mind.

Top 5 Features:
1. (Feature) – (Explanation not to exceed three sentences)
2. (Feature) – (Explanation not to exceed three sentences)
3. (Feature) – (Explanation not to exceed three sentences)
4. (Feature) – (Explanation not to exceed three sentences)
5. (Feature) – (Explanation not to exceed three sentences)

Please do not add any other comments, or thoughts, on other people’s responses. The idea of this is to have a central location that we can easily develop lists that will be compiled and sent to John down the road.

If you have any questions please feel free to DM me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 05:25 PM   #2
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Re: CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Player mode

Great Idea!
Top 5 Features:
1. Combine – The best part of Madden superstar mode was being able to participate in a combine, which affected your stats
2. Draft – It's not realistic being able to select what team you want to play for. Nice, but not realistic.
3. Make the contract mean something – Currently signing a big contract means nothing in Madden. IT would be nice if the contract total was converted to a Madden currency to be used for purchasing exclusive shoes, Accessories, Gloves, training with legends, etc
4. More customization – Currently player mode feels like a glorified player lock. Add the ability to change your celebration, tunnel entrance, run style. Make the players feel unique
5. Specialization commentary – I feel like LongShot will be a step in the right direction.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:55 PM   #3
MVP

With GOAT edition out I wanted to check back in and see if any other items need added here. Will probably ask once more time a couple days after official release to give everyone a chance to provide feedback before compiling the stats.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:13 PM   #4
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

i use CFM as a 32 team fran offline where i edit fix charts contal everything

for CFM
Combine just like longshot to be used for the draft class in offseason
assiating coaches they were i think Mad 04-11
maybe make the crowd matther like camra shake feet stomp play art move on the road

and add the weather channel like in ncaa 14
Old 08-23-2017, 12:14 AM   #5
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

1. Draft enhancements- pro day, combine and team workout. Make my performance change my draft grade and what team selects me.

2. Rookie training camp /OTA/game planning - needs to be player and position specific. It's currently a player locked coach CFM. Every play of every game needs to be focused on my player. Drive goals should be focused on me.

3. Computer AI - thanks to DB press controls its fun to be a CB1. Until you realize the CPU runs the ball and never throws your way. Then it's boring. Players need to be targeted on defense and always be the first read on offense.

4. Gameplay - most users play lb and safety because in h2h matches it's the easiest position to see and switch to a player toward the ball, if necessary.

We play player mode to be a DL/WR/DB/TE. These are positions that require unique camera angles. Currently strife is inadequate to play DB in man coverage. Not using it causes you to run aimlessly near a WR. This needs to be tightened up so you run with the WR. Maybe the proximity is based on McV

5. Development- drive goals and game goals should be player specific not team specific. As a DB I had a "sack" goal but the CPU called zone plays all quarter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2017, 12:30 AM   #6
Banned

1. Gameface- It is the single most immersive aspect of any single player mode. If we can't get it in the game please give us a reason.

2. full name commentary- I want to hear commentators saying my unique name. Even if EA puts 50 First names and 50 last names that is a good starting point.

3. Build a history- If I made the pro bowl last year, let the commentators mention that. If I'm the 3rd highest rated RB, have the commentators talk about how My Player is fast becoming one of the top players in his position.

4. Highlight reels- let the users save certain replays and add them to highlight reels so that if I'm in my 8th year, I can go into my highlight reels package and watch all my great rookie plays. (Adding a music option even better)

5. Allow users to upload their own photos as player profiles. An easy alternative if gameface is not an option, allow me to upload my own photos so when I see myself in any news feeds or out of play I'm seeing my actual face.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:09 AM   #7
MVP

One last bump here to try and get anyone else who may have missed this thread before I start compiling data for John.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:01 PM   #8
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
One last bump here to try and get anyone else who may have missed this thread before I start compiling data for John.

Status update on the results of this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »