Home

Target Passing In SIM Mode

This is a discussion on Target Passing In SIM Mode within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should target passing in Sim Mode be tuned to take into account QB's accuracy att?
Yes 100 90.09%
No 11 9.91%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2017, 12:04 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Target Passing In SIM Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Or dont play sim mode if you want johhny football to play like aron rodgers? Just a thought. Kinda why we supposed to have dif modes we were told.Ratings should matter in sim mode.No one is saying it should not be useful, but are saying it should not be something , if practiced enough, to help a lower QB look and play like an elite one. If people want user skill to reign, there is a mode called competitive mode for that i was told.

Listen, it's really hard. You're not going to be able to move the cursor all over the field and dot everywhere. IF, and I mean IF, it turns out that everyone is so good at it that it becomes a problem, then you can open your traps about it not being sim and get it patched. Until you've used it and seen for yourself how difficult it is to use, then stop preemptively complaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 12:13 PM   #42
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atax1s
Listen, it's really hard. You're not going to be able to move the cursor all over the field and dot everywhere. IF, and I mean IF, it turns out that everyone is so good at it that it becomes a problem, then you can open your traps about it not being sim and get it patched. Until you've used it and seen for yourself how difficult it is to use, then stop preemptively complaining.

This has no bearing on the argument. Until you've played it for awhile and get the hang of it your reaction is knee jerk. Ratings of a QB shouldn't have to wait until someone gets good at the actual mechanic. Go to practice mode, pick offense only and practice for a couple hours. It won't take long
Old 08-17-2017, 12:20 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michapop9
This has no bearing on the argument. Until you've played it for awhile and get the hang of it your reaction is knee jerk. Ratings of a QB shouldn't have to wait until someone gets good at the actual mechanic. Go to practice mode, pick offense only and practice for a couple hours. It won't take long

I've been playing the game since yesterday and at EA play. I have actual experience with the mechanic. But by your ridiculous logic, my reaction (having played the game) to the reaction of those calling for adjustments to a mechanic (who haven't played) is knee jerk? Come on kid. Really? I'm done lol. That's so dumb.

Old 08-17-2017, 12:31 PM   #44
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I've been playing the game since yesterday and at EA play. I have actual experience with the mechanic. But by your ridiculous logic, my reaction (having played the game) to the reaction of those calling for adjustments to a mechanic (who haven't played) is knee jerk? Come on kid. Really? I'm done lol. That's so dumb.

I'm not sure who's a kid. Why are you so angry? If you have trouble using it why would it matter to you whether a qbs accuracy ratings matter with it or not? It's not knee jerk to think ratings should matter with a mechanic whether it's hard or not, its a philosophy. It's obviously not a philosophy ea shares at the moment or in the foreseeable future and many here disagree with it (about 95%). We'll see what happens
Old 08-17-2017, 12:39 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:

Simulation mode should be where ratings matter above all else. A user controlled kicker with 20 kick power shouldn't be nailing 60 yd field goals. A user controlled CB with 10 catch rating shouldn't have 5+ picks a season. And a user controlled QB with 50 QB ACC shouldn't have the same accuracy as a QB with 95 accuracy when using target passing.

If ratings don't matter that what is the difference between players?

If it is already hard, why do you care if it is harder for the worst QB's in the league than it is for the best QB's?

Are you worried that you won't be able to gun sling with your third string rookie QB if ratings matter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #46
Rookie

Okay, pal. Whatever you say. Obviously you know everything. Good for you. Must feel nice to only allow for yourself to be right despite a complete lack of experience with what you're already complaining about.

Old 08-17-2017, 12:43 PM   #47
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

The question is if people want ratings to be taken into account when using target passing.

It's 55-3 in favor of ratings having an influence

At this point all we've been told by EA employees is that the ratings are negated when target passing is utilized

The difficulty of the feature is irrelevant at this stage and to this particular poll/question

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-17-2017, 12:44 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deiied
Simulation mode should be where ratings matter above all else. A user controlled kicker with 20 kick power shouldn't be nailing 60 yd field goals. A user controlled CB with 10 catch rating shouldn't have 5+ picks a season. And a user controlled QB with 50 QB ACC shouldn't have the same accuracy as a QB with 95 accuracy when using target passing.

If ratings don't matter that what is the difference between players?

If it is already hard, why do you care if it is harder for the worst QB's in the league than it is for the best QB's?

Are you worried that you won't be able to gun sling with your third string rookie QB if ratings matter?

I honestly don't care and if it turns into a problem, then it's fair to want it adjusted. My issue is that most of you haven't even played yet. You have no idea how difficult it is. You can't even move the QB while doing it. He will literally be stuck in place while using the mechanic. My issue is you already complaining about something you haven't used. It's like complaining about the spread at a buffet while you're still in the car.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »