Home

Madden NFL 18 is available via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!!

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 is available via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 07:03 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 18 is avialable via EA Access. Post Your Impressions Here!!!

Sim allpro 7 mins... Im not gonna type some long winded review. In short same old crap! Just more shadows and a bit darker lighting. Sim mode is a joke, who they trying to fool? Kody Kessler was a stud omg! Not what i was expecting from sim mode same as 17 not much different. Looks like im skipping for now. Very dissapointed. Same old same old boring boring. Done! One more thing same money plays still money slants, etc.. Cpu def is terrible and i held zeke to 28 yards lol!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited by TDKing; 08-16-2017 at 07:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 07:07 PM   #42
Rookie

jarvis1104's Arena

OVR: 0

Anyone know what download percentage you need to do anything other than the Falcons/Pats game?
Old 08-16-2017, 07:11 PM   #43
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

First thought...this game looks AMAZING!!! Second thought...man I wish this was NCAA Football 18!!
Old 08-16-2017, 07:19 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Sim allpro 7 mins... Im not gonna type some long winded review. In short same old crap! Just more shadows and a bit darker lighting. Sim mode is a joke, who they trying to fool? Kody Kessler was a stud omg! Not what i was expecting from sim mode same as 17 not much different. Looks like im skipping for now. Very dissapointed. Same old same old boring boring. Done! One more thing same money plays still money slants, etc.. Cpu def is terrible and i held zeke to 28 yards lol!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

From what I'm seeing, CPU on sim is easy to stop on the ground, impossible to stop in the air. All QB's play like superstars, corner routes are wide open, doesn't look good at all. Across the three games I've seen, CPU QB completions were around 80-85%. I've seen nothing that makes me want to play it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2017, 07:25 PM   #45
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Played against the Colts. Luck drops back, throws it into the end zone towards the WR who made a cut across the back and just as I think he's overthrown the WR slides across to grab it. Slides. Literally slid five feet. Disappointing to say the least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2017, 07:29 PM   #46
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

For me its way to early for any real impressions. I played one full sim CFM regular season game with 6 minute quarters on slow and one of those play the moment pre-season games on normal. Both on Default settings.

-QB Accuracy was funny to me. In the first game with Alex Smith I saw him miss two "deeper" throws to open recievers, they were organic looking misses. I thought that was pretty cool. In the Regular season Game I went with Pat Maholmes. He had more arm strength that Smith and missed some throws as well an out and a drag. But he was really good on deep balls so much so that a member of my CFM who was watching made some remarks that got me thinking. Maholmes may have been too accurate. In the game if not for 5 drops he would've been 21 for 24.

-Other side of the coin, Tom Brady wasn't robo qb but he made some Robo QB throws...one that stuck out to me, being pressured he rolls left, throws to the middle of the field (across his body) while getting blasted from behind but throws a perfect instride dime to his reciever 20 yards down field...made me want to scream.

-Zones. Something about them felt very Madden 17. Safeties and dark blue zone defenders seemed to be just slow on breaking on balls and more specifically receivers in their zones that they should be. Now I will give ground that KC doesn't have all the best defensive backs in the world, but one play in particular involve Marcus Peters. He was the deep zone defender and I was the shallow defender we were on the left side lined up with 2 offensive players. I took the short and Peters should've closed hard and fast on the other receiver who was the deepest player in his area and he didn't at all he just waited for the ball to be throw and got there a half step too late to make a difference. (https://clips.twitch.tv/ImpossibleSmallDolphinRickroll) Stuff like that happened a few too many times for my tastes with defenders like Eric Berry and Derrick Johnson.

-Agile ball carriers felt absolutely lethal in space, I had a nasty juke on a long run (https://clips.twitch.tv/ProudHeartle...oiseHumbleLife) a sick stutter step on a kickoff return (https://clips.twitch.tv/FurryShyRingCurseLit) and another nice spin, but I am too lazy to find the clip. KC has a lot of high agility ball handlers and you could really tell in space. It was a nice surprise.

Like I said not much of an impression but after my first full game those are the things that stick out to me and the lasting impressions I will have until I play it again later.

Edit: The Brady throw: https://clips.twitch.tv/TemperedAbra...thalStrawBeary

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 08-16-2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:37 PM   #47
Pro

I was playing cfm and i saw 80/60 auto subs in franchise.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:42 PM   #48
Rookie

I've only played 3 online Games so far, Still gotta learn a few things....Don't want to blame the game quite yet, But i've noticed on Competitive the A.I. is rather ditzy and when you do user moves it may feel OP but then again it maybe just bad play by me. But Carson Wentz should not be scrambling like Cam newton and breaking tackles.... L. Blount pulling off Spins and Jukes like Darren Sproles puzzled me a little. but like i said i could be just playing scrub like seeing as I haven't touched Madden since the NFL season ended.

Still trying to manage and see any issues with pass Coverage. I use the Broncos , with the 2 shut down corners , and its still pretty easy to pull off extravagant passing plays with them. But like i said , could be just user error ....

Now i have noticed a few play action Bugs, where the RB just goes off to his route, while the QB does the PA animation , so the fake is never ever there .

Not really to fond of the fact that Every RB can Juke anyone. (Still Tripping off L. Blount Juking like he's a speed back thru my defense. But then again it is Competitive online, "Where Stick Skills are King"

Those are my Gripes so far, I really only play for Online H2H , Don't really Care for other modes until i'm bored with Online H2H

Never really play any games in CFM , I just like building the team the next season and simming to see if my choices will get me to the playoffs, then i'll play

Haven't gotten past the first MUT challenge, Haven't started it, I wanna be a MUT guy, but i feel like MUT is mostly for the players who have no skill, or lack skill , because Team Building takes 0 of it .... so I rarely Touch it ,

As i Play more i'll give more feedback and compare with what you guys notice
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »