Home

Do you still break out past Madden games?

This is a discussion on Do you still break out past Madden games? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2017, 05:46 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Do you still break out past Madden games?

I really wish ultimate team had a more active userbase after the release of the next game. For the entire season, MUT is a race against time, with your team value depreciating every day and your team talent diminishing every day against the competition with new and better players.

It would be cool to spend a few months, maybe through December, building the best possible team with no new higher overall players coming in. Scheme would be far more important. But it's pretty much impossible to do after the release of the new game because the auction house is completely dead. So you could spend a week trying to sell players to pickup coin and another week to get the players you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 08:40 AM   #42
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I played Madden 2007 from (2006 - 2010).

That is the longest I ever payed one Madden title.

Madden 10,11,12,13 were all vile for me. Just a shadow of what I played on PS2 and was really let down by this series.

Right from Madden 25 thru M17 the series for me was back in a big way. And I have played each of those for the full cycle till the next ones release.

I will keep M17 installed because of Iteachpercussions and JohnECools brilliant classic rosters plus I really like M17 a lot.

Like John though I have been pining for the NFL Films music ever since it was removed after Madden 11 I believe? Seriously loved hearing all those amazing themes in the menus.....too bad the games themselves were seriously flawed in too many ways.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-18-2017, 09:33 AM   #43
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I played Madden 2007 from (2006 - 2010).

That is the longest I ever payed one Madden title.

Madden 10,11,12,13 were all vile for me. Just a shadow of what I played on PS2 and was really let down by this series.

Right from Madden 25 thru M17 the series for me was back in a big way. And I have played each of those for the full cycle till the next ones release.

I will keep M17 installed because of Iteachpercussions and JohnECools brilliant classic rosters plus I really like M17 a lot.

Like John though I have been pining for the NFL Films music ever since it was removed after Madden 11 I believe? Seriously loved hearing all those amazing themes in the menus.....too bad the games themselves were seriously flawed in too many ways.
I really can't agree they were t hqat flawed. 10 really raised the bar IMO for graphics and gameplay and that that was the last year the original madden developers left EA after they got ###### for not getting what they deserved. (the story I heard). I really enjoyed 10 and 11 a lot. The sam Spence music really made it more enduring to me. What gameplay quirks made you think it was "vile?" I've never heard anyone say Madden 10 and 11 are vile. haha. but you're entitled to your opinion sir.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:35 AM   #44
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I really can't agree they were t hqat flawed. 10 really raised the bar IMO for graphics and gameplay and that that was the last year the original madden developers left EA after they got ###### for not getting what they deserved. (the story I heard). I really enjoyed 10 and 11 a lot. The sam Spence music really made it more enduring to me. What gameplay quirks made you think it was "vile?" I've never heard anyone say Madden 10 and 11 are vile. haha. but you're entitled to your opinion sir.

10 was the first attempt to go sim after the horrible 06-09 years. I wouldn't say vile compared to those but it was severely lacking in gameplay features I came to expect on ps2. Individual press coverage didn't exist. Fight for the fumble had 2 cut scenes they showed over and over. The overall game speed was pretty slow but the players were still twitchy.

11 was awful. They went back to pick up and play, user control focus and undid half the sim stuff they had added in 10.

Imo those games were only good in a vacuum. Coming from years on the ps2 games and dabbling with APF 2k8 made me very biased to the entire madden series on PS3. Madden 06-11 in particular.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:31 AM   #45
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
10 was the first attempt to go sim after the horrible 06-09 years. I wouldn't say vile compared to those but it was severely lacking in gameplay features I came to expect on ps2. Individual press coverage didn't exist. Fight for the fumble had 2 cut scenes they showed over and over. The overall game speed was pretty slow but the players were still twitchy.

11 was awful. They went back to pick up and play, user control focus and undid half the sim stuff they had added in 10.

Imo those games were only good in a vacuum. Coming from years on the ps2 games and dabbling with APF 2k8 made me very biased to the entire madden series on PS3. Madden 06-11 in particular.
HMM. never thought of games being like that before, but now that I think about it... 10 was very lacking. My main draw to it was the ability right out of the box putting the 100+ NFL legends into my fantasy draft. After that, it they started to tie in that virtual currency stuff.... YUCK!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 01:11 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead

2011 was the first time I played a franchise mode on that gen of consoles (Was always head to head with friends before that). I remember getting to my dorm one night after work and was like "Okay, I'm going to start a franchise and play a game or so a night." I started with the Rams, thinking I would slowly turn the franchise around with Bradford. I even decided to play it on All-Madden. First game? I won something like 56-0 lol. It wasn't even remotely difficult.

Now flashback to a few days ago, I fired up Madden 07 on PS2 and played on All-Madden, my goodness it was difficult. I was constantly having to adjust playcalling, make the right reads as mistakes were punished, the gameplay was fast, it was a definite challenge. Some games were easier than others, some were tougher, as it should be. Not every game felt exactly the same as it does now. The CPU playcalling was different too. The Seahawks would constantly give the ball to Shaun Alexander and run it down your throat, Peyton Manning made a million adjustments at the line, the Rams would spread the ball out to several receivers, Vick scrambled often, I will NEVER be able to comprehend how the game regressed in SO many ways. It's embarrassing and disappointing.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:25 PM   #47
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
Wasn't Madden '09 the one where there wouldn't be any free agents at certain positions? I remember needing either a kicker or punter, went to the free agency section, only to find zero kickers or punters available to sign. I didn't play much Madden '09 because HC'09 ruled my life for a year.
My post was in reference to 09 on the original Xbox. It may have been the final game ever released on that console. I don't remember any free agency issues in that game, as it was based on the 05-06 PS2/Xbox franchise mode.

That being said, I owned 09 for 360 and didn't like it at all. Apart from "EA Backtrack" that was a telestrator explaining how you turned the ball over or how a play broke down (which they got rid of in 10), nothing really stood out to me. My Franchise save corrupted and I traded it in the same day. Oh well, at least snow games looked nice.

The Madden games up until Madden 10 on 360/PS3 were very, very bad. Madden 10 ended up being one of the greatest games in the series IMO and it still holds up really well, even though its animations look awful by today's standards.

Last edited by CarryTheWeight; 08-18-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:29 PM   #48
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
My post was in reference to 09 on the original Xbox. It may have been the final game ever released on that console. I don't remember any free agency issues in that game, as it was based on the 05-06 PS2/Xbox franchise mode.

That being said, I owned 09 for 360 and didn't like it at all. Apart from "EA Backtrack" that was a telestrator explaining how you turned the ball over or how a play broke down (which they got rid of in 10), nothing really stood out to me. My Franchise save corrupted and I traded it in the same day. Oh well, at least snow games looked nice.

The Madden games up until Madden 10 on 360/PS3 were very, very bad. Madden 10 ended up being one of the greatest games in the series IMO and it still holds up really well, even though its animations look awful by today's standards.
Yep. You see what I see in this game . Greatness . I am playing it as I respond to this. You probably agree, the AI in Madden 10 was possibly the best I've seen in a madden game. I'm really Amazed how well it actually holds up, it's actually one of the reasons I kept my old Xbox 360

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »