Home

Why are we being asked, once again, to make detailed lists of what we want in Madden?

This is a discussion on Why are we being asked, once again, to make detailed lists of what we want in Madden? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2017, 08:45 AM   #33
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why are we being asked, once again, to make detailed lists of what we want in Mad

I will give Madden credit. They have added requested features we have asked for in the last few years.

However each season they add one or two things and hopes that holds us over.

Well clearly it hasn't, and a lot of people are angry. We know what sports games are capable of, because a lot of our requests are from previous Maddens or other sports games.

Yet they act like they have the budget of an Indie Game, and about as many people working on Madden as there are people that work at a Starbucks shop.

I know they have the tools, money, and resources. So what is it they are lacking???
Old 08-18-2017, 08:49 AM   #34
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Why are we being asked, once again, to make detailed lists of what we want in Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
One of the developers in the past knocked out 80% of a long list that OS people put together.

It's been done before.

And this is why OS can't have developers here because I'm sure the same attitudes would prevail behind a computer screen.
It's truly amazing people don't read prior post before hitting the keyboard, absolutely amazing.

It's all about the timing, priorities and resources. They don't always align with other people's priorities.

And, you do what your bosses tell you to do.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:00 AM   #35
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
It's truly amazing people don't read prior post before hitting the keyboard, absolutely amazing.

It's all about the timing, priorities and resources. They don't always align with other people's priorities.

And, you do what your bosses tell you to do.
I read the 80% comment, however I have no idea what Madden that even could have been.

Timing for what? Another NFL game to come out to push them?
Priorities... Like NBA Live taking priority over Madden.
Resources that NBA Live took away,

I accept they can't make everyone happy i one year. However it is hard to make anyone happy when you do nothing to change CFM, and then turn around and sell it for the same price as last years.

I am not blaming the developers by any means, however there is some unknown entity at EA that is directing these guys to make the unpopular decisions they have made. The same entity puts guys like Rex and Clint in a bad position every year, and they find themselves having to explain the games short comings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 09:10 AM   #36
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncereBlackout
My wishlist changes with every release of madden. I'm assuming based on your post that yours does not?

I'm almost all aspects of life this happens. I'm glad it's annually instead of weekly, monthly and quarterly like at work.

It's not uncommon to recalibrate after making an update or recent change. This is no different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think a lot of us have had the same Madden wish list for about 10 years.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:11 AM   #37
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
I read the 80% comment, however I have no idea what Madden that even could have been.

Timing for what? Another NFL game to come out to push them?
Priorities... Like NBA Live taking priority over Madden.
Resources that NBA Live took away,

I accept they can't make everyone happy i one year. However it is hard to make anyone happy when you do nothing to change CFM, and then turn around and sell it for the same price as last years.

I am not blaming the developers by any means, however there is some unknown entity at EA that is directing these guys to make the unpopular decisions they have made. The same entity puts guys like Rex and Clint in a bad position every year, and they find themselves having to explain the games short comings.
I wasn't referring to you.

Unpopular at OS, absolutely, I agree, but outside of OS, (Twitter) there is praising of the game this year. I haven't seen much negative except for the zones and the QB statues that happen on 4 verticals.

Most of those comments and reviews are centered around gameplay.

Last edited by roadman; 08-18-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-18-2017, 09:20 AM   #38
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Quote:
I wasn't referring to you.

Unpopular at OS, absolutely, I agree, but outside of OS, (Twitter) there is praising of the game this year. I haven't seen much negative except for the zones and the QB statues that happen on 4 verticals.

Most of those comments and reviews are centered around gameplay.
My bad Roadman...

Trust me I get the praise from the game. I can't tell you how many review sites I have read regarding this as the best sports (not just football) game.

This disappoints me, because it only encourages the direction they have been going in. And that is ignoring CFM.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:48 PM   #39
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Interestingly enough, they listened a few years ago when an OS poster made a Stadium Inaccuracy Thread that got stickied after Madden 16.

I submitted around 10-12 photos of changes that needed to be made to Ralph Wilson Stadium and, to my surprise, most of the changes were made in 17!

With that being said, most of my suggestions were actually removed in Madden 18. I'm not sure what to say. New Era Field (as it's now called) looks really off now. There are parts of the in-game stadium model that just don't exist in real life.

As petty as it sounds, this isn't a personal gripe. I'm flattered and grateful they even put my suggestions into the game in the first place. But it really shouldn't take community involvement or the dedication and volunteer efforts of fans for stadiums to look accurate.

In an era where game companies are laser-scanning basketball jerseys and taking photographs of entire city blocks for research, graphical accuracy is getting much more important as technology advances. It shouldn't have to come down to our involvement. But without our input, we'd probably be in the dark ages of Madden 06-09 all over again.

Last edited by CarryTheWeight; 08-18-2017 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 02:08 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 1

id also point out they have a track record of introducing something which in reality they took out from a prior iteration and for my area offline cfm they have in certain years done some stuff to it and usually it dosnt work as intended ie formation subs and not working for custom playbooks, or after subs made disappearing after injuries or trades etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »