Home

Kat Bailey Review

This is a discussion on Kat Bailey Review within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2017, 02:19 PM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Kat Bailey Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah, he calls out lack of CFM some. It'd be GREAT if he said something like, 'for most of the game, specifically the gameplay, I give it a 4.5/5. It plays great. But, it's still truly lacking a serious franchise simulation of the sport which should be in every sports game. For that, u really have to knock the score down to a 4/5. If they really focused on CFM for an iteration, this might end up being a 5/5. But, until they do that, it's just really not even a serious sports game for true fans of the sport.'

Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Umm, first of all, Kat is a she, not a he.

Second of all, she has been a done a thorough job of reviewing Madden in the past(check Madden 15 review) and continues to do so, differences of opinion or not. lol
Old 08-17-2017, 02:29 PM   #10
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

It's a fair review even tho I disagree with it. She says madden shines on the field, in MUT and with Longshot.

I don't play MUT, not interested in Longshot and I disagree about great gameplay.

Reading this review lets me know madden 18 is probably a 2.5 out 5 for me personally even tho I can totally understand why she says 4.5 out of 5 for her.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:46 PM   #11
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Kat Bailey Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Umm, first of all, Kat is a she, not a he.

Second of all, she has been a done a thorough job of reviewing Madden in the past(check Madden 15 review) and continues to do so, differences of opinion or not. lol

I've known male 'Kats,' lol, but thanks.

And, I'm not knocking her review at all, I'm just giving an idea of what I'd like to hear. And, in all fairness, should be heard for any sports game. I'm sure I seem subjective on this because CFM is my only mode. But, in reality, it really should be the #1 mode of any sports game simply to properly emulate the sport. As such, if that mode isn't up to par, it should bring the score down further.

It'd be like creating a fantasy shooter who's only mode was shooting paper targets in a room. Lol.

Or, wait a minute, it'd be like creating a Star Wars game with no campaign! Lol. Oops, EA beat me to that, again.

Geez, isn't that amazing, actually. They created a campaign for a sports game that doesn't need it. And, they created a Star Wars game without one that u expect to have one. Wth is going on at EA, in general. They're so backwards about EVERYTHING!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 02:53 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 21

Nice writeup...but a bit disconcerting that she did not mention CPU QB AI, sack avoidance, and play, which many here have already commented on as an issue.

C
Old 08-17-2017, 03:05 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 1
Kat Bailey Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Nice writeup...but a bit disconcerting that she did not mention CPU QB AI, sack avoidance, and play, which many here have already commented on as an issue.

C

She did mention the cpu QB AI.

Everyone's reading these reviews and not just looking at the score, right?

Edit:

Quote:
The A.I. definitely seems smarter. They will actually disguise coverage now, and the zones are a lot tighter. You're fine if you can make your reads and attack the part of the field that's open, but there are fewer silver bullet money plays than ever. It's also harder to beat the CPU one-on-one. After routinely beating the CPU by multiple touchdowns in Madden 17, I found I had to really earn my victories in Madden 18. Credit the tighter coverage and the CPU's ability to make smarter plays (even if CPU QBs have a weird habit of just standing in the pocket when nothing is open).
Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!

Last edited by therealsmallville; 08-17-2017 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:07 PM   #14
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
For a 2 page review and only find a few sentences, that's good.
Regardless of how many times the reviewer contradicts themselves, pumping sunshine this early is stupid in my opinion..
Old 08-17-2017, 03:15 PM   #15
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickassJohnson
Regardless of how many times the reviewer contradicts themselves, pumping sunshine this early is stupid in my opinion..
If she was the only one, I'd agree with you, but she isn't the only one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2017, 03:45 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 2

How can the game be reviewed? Isn't there a day 0 patch still to come?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »