Home

Graphics?

This is a discussion on Graphics? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2017, 07:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Graphics?

How are the graphics? How does it look in 4K?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 08:43 AM   #2
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Graphics?

I have an Xbox one and UHD, this game looks crisp and clean. It's actually quite amazing, imo. It's not night and day compared to 17, but it IS night and day compared to 15, maybe. It's almost like u didn't know u had eye problems, and suddenly someone gets u a pair of glasses so I can finally see. Lol. It's that sharp and crisp.

Those are the words I think describe it best, crisp and clean. Maybe, in focus, as well, as I mentioned with the glasses reference, because nothing is fuzzy. The colors look 'correct' as well. I'm sure there some that are off for certain teams, but for the most point, it looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2017, 09:23 AM   #3
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Didn't think the Xbox version offered 4k rendering yet?

Old 08-18-2017, 09:40 AM   #4
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
This... I think Mr. Hanky is having some placebo affect here...
Old 08-18-2017, 09:40 AM   #5
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Graphics?

Quote:

Yeah, I don't think it does, i just wanted to mention my exact setup to be clear. And, I think, maybe, that makes it more impressive. I have never seen a cleaner sports game, I have to admit. As I said in earlier post, it feels like u got a new prescription for your glasses or something. Lol. It's just so crisp, clean, and in focus. I think it looks great on Xbox one. I, honestly, don't know or understand how it could look any better on Xbox one X. Forget about all the hdr/UHD/hdr/etc, this game already looks amazing, imo. I don't know how it could possibly get any cleaner, U know? And/or, I don't think the human eye will be able to tell the difference. Lol. U know, we've come so far technology wise with tvs and pixels and LCD, etc, its too much for our eyes to detect at this point.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 09:51 AM   #6
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah, I don't think it does, i just wanted to mention my exact setup to be clear. And, I think, maybe, that makes it more impressive. I have never seen a cleaner sports game, I have to admit. As I said in earlier post, it feels like u got a new prescription for your glasses or something. Lol. It's just so crisp, clean, and in focus. I think it looks great on Xbox one. I, honestly, don't know or understand how it could look any better on Xbox one X. Forget about all the hdr/UHD/hdr/etc, this game already looks amazing, imo. I don't know how it could possibly get any cleaner, U know? And/or, I don't think the human eye will be able to tell the difference. Lol. U know, we've come so far technology wise with tvs and pixels and LCD, etc, its too much for our eyes to detect at this point.

Oh ok cool. I wasn't saying anything really about your post or what you were seeing, just making sure I was understanding correctly. Good to know even without the 4K rendering, that they game looks crisper.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:15 AM   #7
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Oh ok cool. I wasn't saying anything really about your post or what you were seeing, just making sure I was understanding correctly. Good to know even without the 4K rendering, that they game looks crisper.
Well I don't want to put a damper on anyone's expectations or opinions but having played NBA2k17 and MLB the Show in 4k on the PS4 Pro for a while now, I am not impressed with the Madden graphics (Xbox One EA access 1080 on 4k monitor). I am seeing a ton of aliasing and artifacts in objects that are far away and particularly in the stadium itself. While not terrible it is distracting to me as I see little to no aliasing in the 4k games I mentioned.

I am holding out hope that the 4k version that releases with the PS4 Pro next week will not exhibit this issue but with EA not having a 4K sports history I am cautiously optimistic.

Last edited by icicle22; 08-18-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:43 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Will the PS4 pro version next week be in 4K?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »