Home

Offline vs Cloud CFM

This is a discussion on Offline vs Cloud CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2017, 01:26 PM   #9
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Offline vs Cloud CFM

i am afraid to play online cfm if my internet go down or EA server go down anytime. Offline CFM has any issues that require patch to fix the issues
Old 08-18-2017, 01:34 PM   #10
Rookie

DoTheSankeyLeg's Arena

I did cloud with 16. It was so annoying. The loading times were ridiculous, sometimes it would take a few minutes to load the visual depth chart. It all depends on your connection but if you are going solo, id go with offline just because of the stability. It's worth getting the patches and tuning a few days later. I had a much better experience going offline in Madden 17 CFM.
Charlotte Hornets
Syracuse Orange
Old 08-18-2017, 01:53 PM   #11
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Offline. Because when I am deployed, I don't have internet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 02:44 PM   #12
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Can't ingame save with cloud. If u turn off game in the middle of a game or something, ea always disconnects, and they don't seem to allow a 'local save while playing' or something. So, ultimately, if u plan on playing an entire game in one setting, cloud is better. But, if u like to play longer games and/or enjoy the ability to save ingame, I suggest offline. That, for me, was the absolute deciding factor. I tend to play a half, and then get distracted or something, or simply want to take a break and finish later, or the next day. Can't do that with cloud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2017, 03:06 PM   #13
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Cloud for one reason any quick fixes can be made server side as opposed to waiting for a patch.

Down side if EAs servers are offline yiu can play your CFM. To me it's worth the risk.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 08-18-2017, 03:36 PM   #14
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Can't ingame save with cloud. If u turn off game in the middle of a game or something, ea always disconnects, and they don't seem to allow a 'local save while playing' or something. That, for me, was the absolute deciding factor. I tend to play a half, and then get distracted or something, or simply want to take a break and finish later, or the next day. Can't do that with cloud.
Actually you can save ingame with cloud franchise, I did it with my franchise last year. and to make sure I was remembering correctly I went back and found a thread discussing it where people confirmed that you can do ingame saves in online cloud franchise games.

Let's Clarify Mid-Games Saves??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
You simply quit a game that is in process, then do what ever it is you want with your xbox, aside from playing any other game in Madden, or messing with custom pb's.

Once you select to resume your franchise game (the one you were previously playing), it will ask if you want to resume that game, and you also have the option to delete that game.

I assure you, it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
You can save solo online cfm's no questions asked. every time i play madden i use the feature. I play ½ one day, and the 2nd ½ the next generally.

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 08-18-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:39 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Actually you can save ingame with cloud franchise, I did it with my franchise last year. and to make sure I was remembering correctly I went back and found a thread discussing it where people confirmed that you can do ingame saves in online cloud franchise games.

Let's Clarify Mid-Games Saves??
Can confirm this is correct. Millennium had an online CFM game freeze up in Supersim, and when he reloaded the game he was able to jump right back into the game from the point where it froze.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2017, 04:41 PM   #16
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
I'm debating. I just am scared to lose connection to the servers and lose a game.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app

This has happened to me. Lost power in a thunderstorm. When I regained power and internet the game (unfortunately) picked up where I left off at the start of the 3rd Q down by 35 (no further questions pls)

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »